fitbyforty's first challenge

1 hour ago, Guzzi said:

How is your back now, any better?

The middle is ok, but the lower has been giving me trouble for a few days.  It seems better this morning so it looks like I'll be good to go for the gym next week.  I might be able to get a bodyweight workout in today and tomorrow.  Thanks for checking up on me, I've been pretty frustrated. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, fitbyforty said:

The middle is ok, but the lower has been giving me trouble for a few days.  It seems better this morning so it looks like I'll be good to go for the gym next week.  I might be able to get a bodyweight workout in today and tomorrow.  Thanks for checking up on me, I've been pretty frustrated. 

Take it slow to start, and see how you feel the next day. Coming back from an injury isn't any fun. 

11 hours ago, fitbyforty said:

going to basically repeat this challenge.  I started strong but then fell into old habits.  

I still feel that 4 weeks isn’t enough to really build a new habit.  Back in the day* the challenges were six weeks long and a LOT of people would experience a wobble around week 4. Keeping going for another 2 weeks really helped to get back on track and cement the habit.  That’s why a lot of people start their challenge in zero week instead of taking time to rest in between. 

* and now I feel old.  “Hey kids, get off my lawn!!!!!”