When I was younger, I was an "athlete", but injuries put an end to that.  I sat around, and put on a ton of weight.  Fast forward several years, I became motivated and started exercising again.  I loved it, got my old fire back!  I was doing a 5k obstacle course race, the Warrior Dash, and had a great time.  (I highly recommend it if you like running in the mud).  But then my old injuries took over.  Compressed spinal cord, paralysis, blah blah bah...  But hey, I got a new vertebra, and a titanium plate in my neck.  So that makes me like an android, right??  Actually celebrating my 2 year anniversary of not being a paralyzed from the neck down today, 4/23/19!!  That surgery and recovery set me back about a year, and then I went back to school to finish my degree.  Another setback...  I became pretty depressed with the weight gain, and lost all motivation.  But I decided now is the time to get back into it.  I messaged a friend who had mentioned this site to me in the past to remind me what it was.  I am grateful to her for reminding me.  I look forward to getting to know all of you!

• Like 1

Holy crap!!!  Congrats on the two year anniversary.  I know from experience how much strength and mobility you lose by not being able to move, it’s a very long, slow journey back to fitness but I’m sure you’ve got what it takes to get there. 

Have you you found your way around the site ok?  If you’ve got any questions then feel free to ask. :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously