• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

doctorake

Doctorake Dungeon Crawls

thumbnail.jpg

So as of lately I have been intermittent on my NF posting. I am going to change that now since I have a theme and a little bit of a game to play in  this challenge. 

What has been going well this year

• Duolingo - currently a 113 day streak. Started on 1/1/19.
  • I have discovered that my minimal lifting(1-2 days a week) has helped my body not break down from rucking/running etc.
  • I had a 6 day run streak last week of 1 mile or more per day and discovered I really like the metrics of running every day.
  • I have done a GORUCK Light and 2 sprint triathlons already plus went out for a 5k and hit a 7:31 pace(my PR is 7:12).
  • I am on the positive side of hitting 15k steps every single day this year, the surplus is small and just under 20k.
  • I have tracked all my fasting times this year.

What needs some work

• Reading is lacking, I am not hitting my 20 pages per day goal.
  • 20 flights of stairs are slightly behind.
  • MFP logging all year failed. Alcohol on the weekends leads to poor eating choices failing to be logged.
  • Some poor eating here and there.
  • Feeling like my training is behind for two more GORUCK events.

So I am planning to tackle things one at a time in weekly sprints that will be oriented towards the original Zelda for NES. So 1 week I may focus on completing a dungeion, another week I may focus on getting more hearts or a sword.

Dungeon Rules

• Monday - Friday is the time to get through the dungeon. This includes getting the compass, map, and special weapon.
  • Weekends are for the final boss fight since this is the time I tend to falter.

Levels

Side Quests

• These will have special rules, normally with leg work done during the week and something a little harder on the weekend. I don't expect my first one until week 3 of this challenge.

That is it and I will update daily as well as attempt to follow more nerds than I usually do.

• Like 5

Dungeon 1

016.png

In order to fight my way through this dungeon I need to focus on getting my 3 days of compound lifts in, plus my daily runs(bonus for a ruck or two). I have been hitting 1-2 days a week and that is just not enough. Since Monday was a not great day for me I am going to lift on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Yes this will drift over into my boss fight but the level one boss is pretty simple.

Goals

• 7 daily runs of 1 mile at a minimum
  • 3 days of lifting sessions
  • Don't lose my shit and go to hell due to drinking and eating this coming weekend
  • Like 3

4/22

GttyVFxh.png

Got 2 miles in on the beach at low tide, it was pretty nice.

22.png?height=280&width=320

Overall a great day. I ate almost all paleo and low carb, I did finish off a bag of creamed spinach with some steak in the evening. No drinking no cheating. Read just more than I am supposed to in Fulgrim and got 21 flights of stairs.

4gMZXnRh.mp4

testing an imgur video

• Like 2

Oh hey, you're south of me! Howdy neighbor!

Different dungeons than I was thinking, but here to watch you crawl through them anyway ;) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RES said:

Oh hey, you're south of me! Howdy neighbor!

Different dungeons than I was thinking, but here to watch you crawl through them anyway ;) 

Not to pry, but how far are you? Just out of curiosity.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, doctorake said:

Not to pry, but how far are you? Just out of curiosity.

Not prying at all, it's public knowledge, I'm in Jacksonville :D 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RES said:

Not prying at all, it's public knowledge, I'm in Jacksonville :D 

Gotcha, for a second I thought you might be really close or something. 

I just have to see that after being in Florida for almost 2 years I love it.

• Like 1

4/23

jn3ASVWh.png

Not a bad day. I run a mile during the day and then in the evening I lifted. In terms of dungeon progression I lifted 1/3 and ran 2/7.

Working sets of lifts were

Squat 125lbs X 5 reps X 3 sets

Bench PRess 95lbs X 5 reps X 3 sets

Body Weight pull ups - 6,4,4

first_dungeon_locked_door_bypass.png

I also went to the beach as usual most days

OD27lVoh.jpg

44YDd7bh.jpg

• Like 3

4/24

oLmsbc7h.png

3/7 runs done

Nothing much going on, I had some DOMS in the section that goes from shoulders to chest muscle and I thought about swimming but skipped it. My food has been on point with a little dairy added but nothing horrible, keeping carbs low and staying at my 2k calorie point. I will post the MFP weekly status reports when I finish the week.

I need to clean up my challenge page though and specify my goals for this week - 7 days running, 3 days lifting

Screenshot-543.jpg

• Like 1

Wow you live near a beach?! That's so cool! Love the pictures!

Also great to see the level of motivation! I have a question for you: how do you anticipate on weekends in term of drinking and (over)eating? Asking because this is a difficult theme for me as well...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yrsadur said:

Wow you live near a beach?! That's so cool! Love the pictures!

Also great to see the level of motivation! I have a question for you: how do you anticipate on weekends in term of drinking and (over)eating? Asking because this is a difficult theme for me as well...

I moved to Florida almost two years ago from Washington DC to avoid the high cost of living and stressful lifestyle. I love walking to the beach here it is about a half mile by roads or a third if you are a bird. Most nights we can hear the ocean.

I am not sure what you mean about the drinking/eating thing. I usually eat shitty because I had drinks, so this weekend I plan to not drink at all which should be easy since we are not taking the boat out and not going out to eat or meet anyone. We have a couple friends that like to meet up and run or swim so we will do that one night.

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

I hopped over her to see what you were working on this challenge and....beach pictures?! So pretty.

Wait for week 3, I will be in the keys the entire week with my boat and doing a ton of snorkeling and fishing, should be a ton of underwater video I can post.

e31kmMsh.jpg

my wife caught this one a few weeks a go

• Like 3

4/26

bhkf6E6h.png

4/7 runs

2/3 lifts

Great day yesterday. I did eat 2,600 calories and went higher in carbs with 80 grams but not over my daily limit of 100 grams. I walked to the store midday and got a Twix ice cream bar and ate it on the walk home in the sun. 

After the wife got home from work she wanted to go for a long walk so I obliged and we did a 3.5 mile round trip to a draw bridge on the lagoon.

HGb1IRth.jpg

view off the bridge

When we got home I ran the mile and then did my lifts

Working sets:

Squat 125lbs X 5 reps X 3 sets

Overhead Press 75lbs X 5 reps X 3 sets

Body weight pull ups were 4,3, I am too sore to be doing more and DOMS on those muscles.

The_legend_of_zelda_a_link_between_world

At this point I would say I have the map and compass and today I am progressing to get the boomerang. A run late afternoon with some friends, then off to hockey and skipping the beers after the game. I am getting to play goalie tonight and I am super excited about that since I have not played for about 3 months(I have been skating out).

• Like 3

Dungeon 1 Boss Battle

dTYzSA.gif

Whelp, no one to blame but myself. On Friday I ran 3 miles then played hockey. Saturday I got my 1 mile run in but I really should have lifted also. My big issue is prepping to go to the Keys next weekend. I spent 20 hours over Friday and Saturday fixing things on the boat.

Sunday was the real killer, we went out in the ocean to fish and my buddies wife actually got sick. So we went back to the sheltered Port and just hung out on the boat. We drank some beers and then I went home and floated around in the pool and never did lifting/running. 

I am going to retry Dungeon 1 again for week 2, exact same criteria. 

UnimportantWeepyAmazonparrot-small.gif

• Like 1

Last Friday I found a kitten in my pool clutching the thermometer to stay afloat. I got it out and it wandered into the bushes, I have named him smiley since he kept smiling for me.

oZ5q2r3h.jpg

Iny0PVVh.jpg

LPB1uTRh.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, raptron said:

I LOVE SMILEY. 

Me too! But I'm looking at a soaking wet opossum right? I'm used to them being fluffier.....

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 11:46 AM, doctorake said:

Wait for week 3, I will be in the keys the entire week with my boat and doing a ton of snorkeling and fishing, should be a ton of underwater video I can post.

ooooooh madly jealous!

You're doing awesome!

• Like 2