• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Harriet

Taekwondo Pants for Women

Pants are evil. The pants I bought for taekwondo are no exception. They're "unisex" i.e. for men, so they're tight on the back and loose at the front. They have a very annoyingly tight elastic waistband and they're thick and bunched up around the waist with a lot of extra fabric, they also bunch at the crotch because the rise is too short for my high waist.

Ugh. Obviously I have to wear a uniform, but is it okay to buy my own and wear it? I was just googling and a brand I found seems to have "traditional" pants with drawstring but no elastic (sounds delightful). It also has a women's pant... but that has a zip, which seems weird. Does anyone else have experience fitting wide hips into martial arts pants? Have you tried no-elastic, drawstring only pants?

Bonus points for anyone who can explain how to stop the belt wriggling up all the time. 

The drawstring pants are pretty great, but I was in grappling so they may not work as well for you.  

The belt never stays still.  Ever.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Teirin said:

The drawstring pants are pretty great, but I was in grappling so they may not work as well for you.  

The belt never stays still.  Ever.  

Well, I've ordered the drawstring ones. I'm hoping they'll be less uncomfortable than the elastic ones. And I guess I'll just tie the belt high and tight so it has nowhere to go. Super cool. 

• Like 1