Starting from scratch.

Hello everyone. My name is Bee, but please call me "MAXOS". lol. Since it's my account name and all...

My favorite games are FF14, FF8, Skyrim, and Divinity 2 (The Dragon Knight Saga).

I'll be honest, I'm fat and out of shape. The fittest I've ever been was being a buff 190-pounder when I was 19, and lifted 205 pounds over my head standing. But right now, I'm fat. I can post a picture but what's the point? Haha. I'm fat and let's just leave it at that.

My goal right now is too see my abs. I can get access to a gym membership but that would only tempt me to do powerlifting or weightlifting (Olympic style) programs. And with such things come overeating since you undoubtedly CANNOT be in a caloric deficit if you're trying to be super strong. So right now, I'm working on my slow twitch muscles with kettlebell cardio.

I'm in the process of learning too and would love advice from some of the more experienced people in here. So thanks in advance!

And lastly, GO HEAVY OR GO HOME TO ALL OF YOU! Thanks and God bless you all.

• Like 1

He whom the ancients called an expert in battle gained victory where victory was easily gained. Thus, the battle of the expert is never an exceptional victory, nor does it win him reputation for wisdom of credit for courage. His victories in battle are unerring. Unerring means that he acts where victory is certain and conquers an enemy that has already lost. -Sun Tzu

Hey! Welcome on board!

Have you found your way around the forum ok?  Just shout if you have any questions. :) 

5 hours ago, MAXOS said:

I can get access to a gym membership but that would only tempt me to do powerlifting or weightlifting (Olympic style) programs. And with such things come overeating since you undoubtedly CANNOT be in a caloric deficit if you're trying to be super strong. So right now, I'm working on my slow twitch muscles with kettlebell cardio.

Obviously your own personal mindset comes into this.  If you’re the kind of person who couldn’t workout with a barbell without going all out for absolute strength gains then you will undoubtably find it (psychologically) difficult to eat at a deficit while lifting, but that’s not to say that you can’t lose weight while lifting/strength training.  Do you workout with kettlebells at home?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

10 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Hey! Welcome on board!

Have you found your way around the forum ok?  Just shout if you have any questions. :) 

Obviously your own personal mindset comes into this.  If you’re the kind of person who couldn’t workout with a barbell without going all out for absolute strength gains then you will undoubtably find it (psychologically) difficult to eat at a deficit while lifting, but that’s not to say that you can’t lose weight while lifting/strength training.  Do you workout with kettlebells at home?

I do workout with light kettlebells right now at home, yes.

High rep kettlebell deadlifts. It's kicking my butt because I've always been terrible at endurance-dominant activities. But I'm loving the challenge.

Also, this is seldom known... People who are slow-twitch fiber dominant usually have higher metabolisms than most strength athletes. There's a study done on this in a lab setting on guinea mice. I believe it 100%.

And also, Dan John, a well-known strength coach, once said it's a smart idea "to do what you suck at the most" for fat loss. I'm following his advice on this situation.

Ultimately, the goal is to eventually lift heavy weights once again after becoming lean.

Thanks for the welcome!

• Like 2

He whom the ancients called an expert in battle gained victory where victory was easily gained. Thus, the battle of the expert is never an exceptional victory, nor does it win him reputation for wisdom of credit for courage. His victories in battle are unerring. Unerring means that he acts where victory is certain and conquers an enemy that has already lost. -Sun Tzu