• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PepperLouni

Virtual Gym, anyone?

I don't have the time or patience to use public gyms.  Don't like waiting for equipment.  It was more economical for me to build a garage gym that I use 4 times a week rather than pay membership fees for something that I probably would not attend.

• Like 1

I work out at home and I've increased my strength. I use kettlebells and bodyweight. I think it depends on the person and what works for you

• Like 3

I often use the Sweat with Kayla workouts at home as they use minimal or no equipment. I used to go to the gym but found it quite intimidating. I've got a few small weights and stretching bands, a yoga mat and some yoga blocks. I like that I can just get on with it whenever I feel like it and it's easier to fit in around my schedule. For example if I've had a long day I can fit in a quick workout, shower and go to bed without having to make sure I packed my gym gear in the car or battle with peak times. As long as I'm consistent with the number or workouts I do each week, I see results (I aim for at least 3).

• Like 1

I've tried doing bodyweight exercises at home but I never stick to them. I need my gym, for sure.

On 4/27/2019 at 2:45 PM, PepperLouni said:

I am curious how many of us here are doing indoor exercises?

And how many actually get good results just by working out at home?

I'm doing the indoor exercise and the results are good, but you need to have a full knowledge about the workout that you are doing , if you are noobie then you should first join the public gym and get all the information about the workouts form the trainer.

3 hours ago, Robinsons Jacob said:

I'm doing the indoor exercise and the results are good, but you need to have a full knowledge about the workout that you are doing , if you are noobie then you should first join the public gym and get all the information about the workouts form the trainer.

I think you'll find that a lot of Nerd Fitness is about helping people not have to go to a gym if they don't want to. There are plenty of people who got healthy and physically fit without ever stepping foot in a gym. There are a lot of free resources from Nerd Fitness centered around home workouts.

• Like 1

If you have the discipline or the accountability, it's a great option. I've had a home gym for years. I get most of my productive work done outside, but for "punch the clock" workouts it's excellent.

21 hours ago, Machete said:

If you have the discipline or the accountability, it's a great option.

I agree, accountability can be a great motivator. Can you find an accountability partner (on here maybe)? I did a 30 day stretching challenge once with a friend, we each had to post a photo each day to show our progress, it really helped.

On 5/3/2019 at 6:04 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think you'll find that a lot of Nerd Fitness is about helping people not have to go to a gym if they don't want to. There are plenty of people who got healthy and physically fit without ever stepping foot in a gym. There are a lot of free resources from Nerd Fitness centered around home workouts.

It is must to have some knowledge before going for some heavy weight workout.

2 hours ago, Robinsons Jacob said:

It is must to have some knowledge before going for some heavy weight workout.

I'm not talking about lifting heavy. I'm talking about bodyweight exercises as a starting point. For some people, it's all they ever do and they get in great shape.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm not talking about lifting heavy. I'm talking about bodyweight exercises as a starting point. For some people, it's all they ever do and they get in great shape.

Yeah for them it is ok. But not for those who are looking to big muscles.

3 hours ago, Robinsons Jacob said:

The person who started this thread was not talking about big muscles, but about working out at home.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:19 AM, Robinsons Jacob said:

I disagree.  You can get ripped and have some serious muscle mass with bodyweight exercises, just look at @Waldo if you want confirmation of that.  It all comes down to progression.  You might never build the kind of muscle mass that a strongman or powerlifter might have, but you definitely CAN build muscle. 

On 5/22/2019 at 7:13 PM, Guzzi said:

I disagree.  You can get ripped and have some serious muscle mass with bodyweight exercises, just look at @Waldo if you want confirmation of that.  It all comes down to progression.  You might never build the kind of muscle mass that a strongman or powerlifter might have, but you definitely CAN build muscle. 

I can get the ripped body that's for sure by the bodyweight exercises, but to have a big muscles still sound strange.

Push-ups: Perfect form is essential when doing a push-up. Start with a variation you can complete with good technique. 

Lunges: Start by doing a set of simple back lunges that help build your buttocks and thighs.

Squats: The squat works the major muscles in your lower body and helps to shape firm buttocks and thighs.

Planks: A plank exercise strengthens the abdominal muscles and those that support your back.