Hi all, 

I'm kidschala — you can call me Kid, Schala, or K. I'm a longtime reader/lurker on NF, but this is my first time really digging into a 4-week challenge. Just a quick about me to anyone who wants to say hi. 

Nerdy stuff: Books and TV/movie-wise, I'm a fan of weird horror and SFF, and I read a lot of litfic, too. I love the MCU and will fight God for my sweet baby Asguardians. I read trade paperbacks of my favorite comics series, because I can't be trusted with floppies. 

I play tabletop RPGs every week. I also harbor a deep love for JRPGs, if you couldn't tell by my handle. Outside of role-playing games, I play a lot of Gears of War, Overwatch, and Stardew Valley, and I used to be a devoted Halo 3 player. 

Fitness stuff: I've been gaining weight (fat) for about 10 years. Things really started to go downhill two years ago, when I started grad school and got involved with a toxic "friend's" wedding. I'm the type of person who eats her feelings, so I took comfort in food during the tough times. I'm a very body positive person, but my body is not working for me as I need it to, and I need a change. 

Two years ago, my partner and I were doing the StrongLifts program and loving it. A gym membership with barbell access isn't feasible for us right now, though, so I'm working on building healthy habits that will lead me to my goals of weight loss and muscle gain. Right now, I'm working toward establishing the following habits: spending 30 min/day active, drinking 3L of water, and logging food in MyFitnessPal. For the next challenge, I'll add in strength training (the beginner bodyweight workout) 3 days per week, and continue doing cardio on off days. 

I eventually want to be a Ranger type person, and do Spartan Races and other ridiculous, functional fitness things, but right now I'm just a Rebel with a cause (It's me, I'm the cause). But my true love is lifting, and I can't wait to get back to it. My fitspirations are Josie Hamming, Kaisa Keranen, Iulia Danilova, and She-Hulk. I just want guns of steel and buns of cinnamon, y'all. 

Anyway, I figure that's enough for now. Thanks for stopping by! 

• Like 3

Elcerys | L3 Rebel | Wannabe Ranger

Walker of miles, lifter of bodyweight, reader of books.

On a long quest to turn my puff into tuff.