• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pankajakshan39

What food to avoid to keep cholesterol and sugar levels normal ?

OK so that is how to avoid sugar ,

Not much carbohydrates and not too much sugar .

I am from India , Most of our main food is rice itself .This is going to be a bit hard .Because trying to lower the intake of rice is going to be a bit hard .

Maybe i can replace it with Wheat products .

What about cholesterol ?

For that should i avoid too much Meat and Oil too ?

God , I think i have to a strict vegetarian soon i guess .

You are better off eating rice than any wheat products - and frankly, dietary effects on cholesterol are....mixed, at best. Lots of it has to do with genetics, and overall health; your diet will only have a marginal impact on cholesterol levels. When possible, limit trans fats (found most commonly in 'solid' vegetable fats like margarine, or anything with 'hydrogenated' in the name) and refined/premade foods. But apart from that:

Eat lots of protein and veggies, exercise regularly, stay hydrated, get enough sleep, avoid refined/processed foods, and if you are carrying around extra body fat focus on losing it in a healthy way - that will all help reduce general chronic inflammation, which in turn will reduce health risk factors more than worrying about your cholesterol. 

If you are concerned about your levels, go talk to a doctor - without a blood panel, you're only working with guesses. And in some cases, medication will be the best choice - but that's a conversation to have with a licensed and trained doctor, not with strangers on the internet.

Avoid ice cream, candy, baked goods, and sweetened beverages — and add veggies like spinach, artichokes, bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower to your daily routine. You can also add nutritious foods including fish, nuts, seeds, etc.

Basically, avoid processed food  and sugary drinks (including fruit juice), and eat whole foods. Instead of white rice, pasta, and bread, eat brown rice or substitute for cauliflower rice. As for cholesterol, avoid bad fats like butter, but there is good fats like avocado and egg yolks that can be eaten in moderation. Your body needs cholesterol and the food in good fats helps increase in good cholesterol (HDL). 

In general, working out at least 3 times a week and making sure you get enough sleep every night helps keeps your cholesterol and blood sugar in check.