• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

So I found out recently that I can rent bikes from my rec center for free, which is exciting. I have thought about taking advantage of that, especially with summer being here. I was curious if anyone had tips on how to get back into it. It's been a few years since I've been on a bike, stationary or not.

I wear a helmet but I picked a small bike the first time and my butt hurt. How do I prevent that, other than maybe going up to a medium bike? Are there good stretches I should be doing? Anything like that?

Cycling shorts will reduce the discomfort, if you aren't already wearing them.
Forgive my ignorance but are these special shorts or just like, tight shorts or something?

5 hours ago, Cataleya said:
23 hours ago, Dilnad said:
Cycling shorts will reduce the discomfort, if you aren't already wearing them.

Forgive my ignorance but are these special shorts or just like, tight shorts or something?

They are tight shorts specifically designed for riding. They have a big pad in the crotch area called a chamois. Makes a pretty significant difference in riding comfort. You can get them pretty cheap too. Here's a link to a cheap pair by a brand I've used in the past. They display them inside out so you can see the pad BTW...

https://www.amazon.com/Baleaf-Cycling-Underwear-Breathable-Compression/dp/B07P625F7Z/ref=sr_1_15?crid=3DVSWDG20BAWV&keywords=womens+cycling+shorts&qid=1558434066&s=gateway&sprefix=womens+cycling+%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-15

• Like 2