28 minutes ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

Was this harsh? Maybe, I dunno? I don't really feel convicted about it. I did ask God to forgive me of my language later on and prayed for him as a child of God.

I think you handled it just exactly like you needed to. Sometimes as Christians we tend to think that Jesus was always "nice" nd so we always have to be " nice" Nice is not a virtue. Your sister needed you to not only help her move her stuff, but defend her against his attacks, and you did a great job of that. Firm, but not attacking and making more drama. Well done.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

37 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I think you handled it just exactly like you needed to. Sometimes as Christians we tend to think that Jesus was always "nice" nd so we always have to be " nice" Nice is not a virtue. Your sister needed you to not only help her move her stuff, but defend her against his attacks, and you did a great job of that. Firm, but not attacking and making more drama. Well done.

Thanks, EG. That's kind of how I've been marinating on the whole thing, and, like I said, I wasn't feeling convicted by the ordeal. There was so much more I could of said but I'm glad I left it as it was ;). And you're right about that: Jesus was flipping tables and whipping people with a rope at one point because they were selling trades in the temple. That part of scripture always makes me laugh.

Image result for jesus flipping tables gif

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Jesus was always "nice"

Well, He did toss all the moneylenders & such out of the temple...... :) 

Edited to add :  What he said^^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

I'm glad you posted that Jesus Moneylender image. Sometimes we pray for our enemies, and sometimes we lay on hands. You showed good restraint and spoke to him in the only language he understood. It didn't come to blows. You did well.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

Thanks, EG. That's kind of how I've been marinating on the whole thing, and, like I said, I wasn't feeling convicted by the ordeal. There was so much more I could of said but I'm glad I left it as it was ;). And you're right about that: Jesus was flipping tables and whipping people with a rope at one point because they were selling trades in the temple. That part of scripture always makes me laugh.

Image result for jesus flipping tables gif

Wolf

And there is the time he called the Pharisees a brood of vipers:friendly_wink::smile-new:

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 6/11/2019 at 3:42 PM, Rinna said:

Well, He did toss all the moneylenders & such out of the temple...... :) 

Edited to add :  What he said^^^

LOL! Great minds think alike ;) 

On 6/11/2019 at 4:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad you posted that Jesus Moneylender image. Sometimes we pray for our enemies, and sometimes we lay on hands. You showed good restraint and spoke to him in the only language he understood. It didn't come to blows. You did well.

Preciate that dude. My innate nature to protect my family doesn't come without some internal battles to hit a mofo in the jaw, but, I'm glad it did't come to blows either. I woulda hurt the poor kid...

I know I did the right thing. I just always feel like their could be improvements..and that's the annoying part because I'll never be able to handle a situation perfectly.

On 6/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, Elastigirl said:

And there is the time he called the Pharisees a brood of vipers:friendly_wink::smile-new:

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT! In lamens terms, that's basically Jesus cursing out the Pharisees lol

On 6/12/2019 at 12:34 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i dont know gif

I tried to measure but...

Measure Measuring GIF - Measure Measuring GIFs

And to admit i got a bit distracted when...

Ruler Measure GIF - Ruler Measure Christmas GIFs

But in the end

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor all good gif

giphy.gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor work work work gif

And

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor motor bike gif

a bit of ...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor powerlifting fail gif

and

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor squat fail gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor blow kiss gif

Related image

The measuring thing shoulda been easy...

Related image

But no worries! I still love ya, bromigo, and I'm glad to see ya back in action!

Image result for deadpool blows kiss

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, SheriffWolfpool said:

On 03/23 of this year, my daughter, Beatrix "Trixie" Viola, was born 8 weeks early. Thank the Lord that she didn't deal with any issues besides just being a tiny little princess. She was in the NICU for 5 weeks and 1 day. Or 36 days for you mathlete's out there. We were able to bring her home on 04/28 and life has been SO MUCH better since that day.

Yay!  You got your little girl!!!  :)  :)    :wub:  :love_heart:   Congratulations!!!  I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well.  :)  Are the boys excited about their baby sister, or is it all kind of weird for them?  

• Thanks 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

6 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

.and that's the annoying part because I'll never be able to handle a situation perfectly.

Bro, you're not supposed to be able to. No one expects that except maybe you. Did you know that in the Bible, every time the word perfect occurs, it doesn't mean flawless? It's the Greek word teleos which means completion. When the bible says to be Perfect as God is perfect, it literally is not saying be flawless like God, it's saying be complete like God. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

Preciate that dude. My innate nature to protect my family doesn't come without some internal battles to hit a mofo in the jaw, but, I'm glad it did't come to blows either. I woulda hurt the poor kid...

I know I did the right thing. I just always feel like their could be improvements..and that's the annoying part because I'll never be able to handle a situation perfectly.

Also, the very amazing this is God is working on us  and changing us to be more Christ-like. And he can work in situations where we don't handle it perfectly, because He is God

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

Also, E3 is going on this week. It's basically the Mecca for game releases and announcement. One game that I've been heavily anticipating is Cyberpunk 2077. @DarK_RaideR would love the premise if he doesn't already know about it ;). During the release date announcement, they teased a character in the game played by none other than my dude, Keanu Reeves!!

Late response, but yes to both: I am aware and excited about it, though I bet my current PC won't be able to run it. Also, it is made by CD Project Red, creator of the Witcher series, so the bar is pretty high.

Also, hi Wolfie! <3

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

20 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Yay!  You got your little girl!!!  :)  :)    :wub:  :love_heart:   Congratulations!!!  I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well.  :)  Are the boys excited about their baby sister, or is it all kind of weird for them?  

Yes ma'am I did :D!! Thank you so much, Nym! How are you feeling these days?

Trixie is doing really good. She's over 7lbs now...which doesn't seem like a lot, but when you start gaining weight at like 2 lbs 8 oz, that's HUGE! The boys LOVE them some Trixie-Girl. They are great big brothers. The first thing they do every morning is come in and kiss her before they do anything else haha. If there was weirdness, I definitely didn't notice ;). As of now, her eyes are still blue and her hair is my color-Heather and I are hoping (and praying) they both stick! Which reminds me...I need to post an updated pic of the Princess for you guys that don't follow mine or my wife's FB.

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Bro, you're not supposed to be able to. No one expects that except maybe you. Did you know that in the Bible, every time the word perfect occurs, it doesn't mean flawless? It's the Greek word teleos which means completion. When the bible says to be Perfect as God is perfect, it literally is not saying be flawless like God, it's saying be complete like God. 

Oh, I know I'm not supposed to be able too. I'm just an over-analyzer by nature and want to create the best situation possible :). I did not know that about the word "prefect" in the bible. I love the Greek meanings that help break down scripture like that. As always, I am a work in progress, especially with walking the narrow path God has laid out before me. And, as always, thank you for the encouragement, dude. You would think it was part of your name or something... ;) 

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Also, the very amazing this is God is working on us  and changing us to be more Christ-like. And he can work in situations where we don't handle it perfectly, because He is God

This. ALLLLLLLL this ^^^. I try to remind myself that God does more than I can every wrap my head around :) 

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Late response, but yes to both: I am aware and excited about it, though I bet my current PC won't be able to run it. Also, it is made by CD Project Red, creator of the Witcher series, so the bar is pretty high.

Also, hi Wolfie! <3

The bar is DEFINITELY set high due to their success with the Witcher series. It'll be interesting to play for sure, especially because there seems to be a deep level of customization. I only wish it was 3rd person....ya know, so you can see your sweet ass customization skills at work! By the time the game releases in April of next year, my hair should rival that of Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand ;) 

Image result for keanu reeves johnny silverhand

Also, HI RAIDER!!!

Related image

I have my FB workout today and I'm glad I moved it to this afternoon after work. I've been wicked tired this week and really needed that extra hour this morning. Even though I missed Monday's push day, I have felt good in training this week. I'm realllllllly hoping next week is a full week of training. It would mark the first week I've trained all 4-days. I try to give myself some grace considering I'm a busy guy with a growing family, so, I haven't been beating myself up TOO much about it ;) 

Wednesday's LEG wokout 6/12/19:

5 min warm-up of foam rolling, dynamic stretching and jumping rope

8x box jump at 36" box

2 x 5 KB goblet squats

• 1x10 40#
  • 1x8 44#
  • 1x6 53#
  • 2x5 79#

2 x 30 seconds overcoming isometrics leg press at 270#

• For those that don't know what overcoming isometrics are, it is pushing and pulling against an immovable weight. For instance, the leg press. I was almost lifting the 270# off the rack, but I was giving 100% effort against the push for 30 seconds. This is a good way to build strength AND muscle

1 x 8 one leg press each side at 90#

2 x 10 bench pistol squats

2 x 10 BB lunges -rest pause- BB lunges with 25# DB's (50 total lbs)

• 10/5
  • 10/4

10x light good mornings w/ 15# 

Tabata KB swings w/ 35# x 4 rounds (20 seconds of activity and 10 seconds of rest)

• I really need to push that some more. While I was going all out, I need to make sure my conditioning part of the workout deserves a little more love. I'll shoot for a 5 min timer next time and go until the time expires OR my form starts to fall. Good form will always outweigh quantity ;) 

Stretch and cooldown 

I realized that my workout protocol was actually calling for "overcoming isometrics" on the leg press this whole time. I just didn't read the directions lol. Whoops! Oh well, I'm not in any hurry. Building muscle takes time and I'm in this for the long haul. The boys get back from family camp late tonight so Heather and I won't get them until tomorrow morning. We're gonna try and rent Captain Marvel and watch that this evening because neither one of us have seen it. 

I haven't written anything down for my story yet, which is fine. I really need to get that outline going at the very least and start something, anything in regards to the story, though. I've been brainstorming with some buddies of mine and received some great feedback I want to utilize. Exciting times, boys and girls! I hope you all have an awesome day and TGIF :D!

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

Today's a short day at work because we have our company picnic. That means I'm "done" with work at 11 :). Woot woot! I've already done 2 loans today and working on my third but I wanted to update real quick on how my weeks gone.

Saturday: Conditioning Day 06/15- Sprints

I went to the park to run sprints, here was the workout: 15 min running clock- Hill sprints w/ 5 push-ups at the bottom of the hill

• 10 rounds, 50 total push-ups

This was a great little workout. I took about 10 min to warm up doing various exercises like skips, karaoke, side shuffle, butt kicks and high knees

Monday Push Day 06/17:

Warm-up mobilizing shoulders/jumping rope

2x5 bench press 

• 10x 65#
  • 8x 95#
  • 6x 125#
  • 5x 135#
  • 5x 145#

2x8 incline DB bench > overcoming isometrics cable cross for 30 seconds (squeezing upper)- 35# DB's > 32.5# cable

2x4 dips > overcoming isometrics cable cross for 30 seconds (squeezing lower)- 32.5# then dropped to 27.5# for better form

2x (10x tricep push downs > 7x OH tricep extension >Tricep push down iso hold TF- 55# cable

• 25 sec hold
  • 20 sec hold

8x landmine press -rest pause- landmine press TF using 25#

• Right 8/5
  • Left 8/6

8x Arnold press -rest pause-  Arnold press TF using 20# DB's

• 8/4

Tuesday Pull Day 06/18

5 min foam rolling/dynamic stretching/ 2x10 KB swing w/ 35# KB

2x4 trapbar deadlifts (I just realized I was supposed to do 4 reps, lol. I coulda gone up another 10-15#.)

• 8x 95#
  • 7x 115#
  • 6x 135#
  • 2x5 155#

2x laps on TRX monkey bars

2x: pull-ups 3-5 > inverted row TF

• 5/7
  • 4/5

1x chin-ups 3-4 -rest pause- chin-ups TF

• 3 strict/3 jumping chin-ups (I was already feeling the burn/pump and had to switch to jumping chin-ups)

Hang TF- 24 seconds.My grip was worn out.

2x10 DB curls > 2x8 cross body hammer curls w/ 15# DB's

Cable curls drop set: 10x >10x > 10x

• 55/40/25#

10x wide grip overhand bicep w/ 25# BB

20x light bent over row 50# BB > 10x face pulls 25# cable

2.5 min intervals- row machine

• 2:02 average/643m
  • 2:08 average/635m

Stretch/Cooldown

Overall, it's been a good run of training days and I'm excited to kick some butt today for a leg workout ;).

Wolf

• Like 6

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

With only 1.5 days left of the challenge, I wanted to go ahead and post my Leg workout from Wednesday. I had a rest day Thursday and was going to do a full-body day today but decided to sleep instead and will do a metcon/conditioning day tomorrow. I'll probably run some more sprints combined with some KB swings. Anywho, here's the leg workout-

06/19 Leg Day:

2x5 back squats

• 95# x 8
  • 135# x 6
  • 155# x 6
  • 185# x 5
  • 205# x 5

(Even though this was much heavier than what I've been doing with Goblet squats, it felt good to get underneth the bar again.)

2 x 30 seconds OI (overcoming isometrics) leg press 450#

• I was moving 270# and then we bumped it up to 360# I was still moving it, so 5 plates on either side it was ;) 

1x8 one leg leg press (each leg) 90#

2x10 bench pistol squats

2x 10 DB lunges -rest pause- DB lunges TF w/ 25# DB's

• 10/6
  • 10/5

10x light good mornings- going slow and really pushing to work the hinge and hamstrings

Stationary Bike Metcon:

• 30 seconds hard/30 seconds easy
  • 5 min total = 5 rounds = Sweat Fest!

Stretch/Cooldown for about 7-8 min focusing on hip flexors, foam rolling my thighs, low back and hammies

One of my better leg workouts since I've been back to working out. Aaaaaand, a successful challenge thus far!! Woot woot! This will be my first completed challenge this year if I'm not mistaken. I've been soooooooooooo inconsistent and it feels good to finally make some headway on my training! I'm excited about the next challenge and my theme for it ;);).

I'll give y'all a hint...

Related image

#TheUnchainedPredator 

Wolf

• Like 6

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

On 6/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

Aaaaaand, a successful challenge thus far!! Woot woot! This will be my first completed challenge this year if I'm not mistaken.

Congrats! That's awesome.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

I'll give y'all a hint...

:D I was looking at it, and saying to myself... not really Master Chief, then Adam looked over my shoulder and said: "Gheesh, Mom! That's Doom Slayer!"

EDIT:

I just watched this Youtube video, by a guy named "Donut Operator" (he was a police officer). From just after 6:30 he visits a shooting range/gun shop, where they first talk about some of the guns that were used in films. Thought you would find it interesting, as they show some of the fire arms used in John Wick 3.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 6/23/2019 at 5:31 AM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Congrats! That's awesome.

:D I was looking at it, and saying to myself... not really Master Chief, then Adam looked over my shoulder and said: "Gheesh, Mom! That's Doom Slayer!"

EDIT:

I just watched this Youtube video, by a guy named "Donut Operator" (he was a police officer). From just after 6:30 he visits a shooting range/gun shop, where they first talk about some of the guns that were used in films. Thought you would find it interesting, as they show some of the fire arms used in John Wick 3.

Thank you, Elize :D! I know I haven't been able to keep up with others very well, but I try not to let that deter me from coming to the boards and trying to keep myself accountable. And yes, Adam is 100% correct lol! I have early memories of playing the original Doom from 1993 and enjoying it.

Image result for doom 1993 gif

And the remake, Doom (2016) is on the Xbox Game Pass, so I decided to download it and play. The next installment releases this November :). The Doom Slayer is MUCH cooler looking these days, especially with today's advances on gaming and graphic upgrades.

I'll have to check that video out, especially if they are referencing JW3! I follow Taran Tactical on Instagram and YouTube, the guys that helped train Keanu Reeves for his role. They also helped assemble the STI Combat 2011 from the movie-

Image result for john wick 3 sti 1911

*drool* That is one sexy ass pistol!

I wanted to do an official challenge write-up/conclusion since I actually completed this challenge:

Plan A: Workout Consistency - Relentless

Goal: 

• 4x a week. M/Tu/W/F.
  • Focus on PPLFB (Push, Pull, Legs and Full Body) 
  • Structure workouts based off "Powerbuilding"- the combination of power lifting and body building
  • Leave my ego at the door

Possible Points: +3 STR, +2 END, +1 DEX

Actual Points: +3 STR, +2 END, +1 DEX

Grade: A+

Notes: This was by far my best training month in a long time. The consistency was there. The intensity was there. And I felt like my relentless levels were always churning and pumping fuel. Now, the key; don't let up. Take this same philosophy into the next challenge!

Plan B: Play hard. Rest hard - Focus

Goals:

• Sleep, nap, and rest as much as I can. Not shirking my adult responsibilities, but utilize my "off" days like a boss.
  • Cold showers (because @Mr_Willes loves them) ;) 
  • Bible study/Sermons and Devotionals every morning. Utilize my commute to work and spend time in the Word. Continue my Bible App streak daily. 
  • Use "stand up desk" option at work at least 3x a day. Keep sneakers in my car so I can go on daily walks at lunch/breaks. 

Possible Points: +4 CON

Actual Points: +4 CON

Grade: A+

Notes: I napped when I could-Heather really helped here. I took cold showers after intense workouts where I couldn't stop sweating. I kept my Bible streak say for one mishap and took advantage of my commute to work during the the work week. And I utilized my stand-up desk option at work at least 3x a day. I didn't walk as much as I would of liked but that's mainly because I've been kicking ass at work and leading my team in loans worked. So long as I keep up the pressure, I'll get a nice bonus for next month :D.

Plan C: Continue to Develop my speaking/leadership skills in Toastmasters - Calm under pressure

Goals:

• Finish Level 2 before the NEXT challenge ends
    • Edit- This should of read "Finish Level 1 before the NEXT challenge ends"
  • Fill a role 4 separate times
  • Bring in 1 new member before the NEXT challenge ends

Possible Points: +4 CHA, +1 WIS

Actual Points: PENDING

Grade: PENDING

Notes: Toastmasters is an every week deal. We didn't have a meeting last week due to the company picnic, and we won't have one NEXT week due to July 4th and a lot of people being gone or out of town, but, there's plenty of opportunities to get these goals done.

Bonus Goal: Keep Growing Hair

• I admit...i'm annoyed with it lol, but, I'll keep it going while I can and just "wear a hat" through the bad hair days. Luckily, I can do that at my job, and, it definitely makes going through the awkward stage a crap ton easier.

Thank you to EVERYONE who continues to support me and comment on my challenge. Y'all are awesome and NF wouldn't be what it is without you!! See you in the next one!

Wolf

• Like 6

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

On 6/24/2019 at 2:12 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

And yes, Adam is 100% correct lol! I have early memories of playing the original Doom from 1993 and enjoying it.

I haven't allowed the boys to play Doom (yet), but they've been watching YouTube videos on it. Brandt also played the original version years ago, and he seems keen to start playing it again.

I'll have a look at Taran Tactical's Youtube channel. I think that is where Donut Operator went, because he was excited that he was able to get some shooting advice "from the people and at the place where Keanu Reeves were trained". I have to admit, I'm keen to see how Hall Berry handled fire arms in the movie, because it seems they had her shooting normal sized 9mm's. I still get some raised eyebrows because I use a full size CZ instead of some compact 9mm, which is smaller and lighter.

And nice going on your challenge! Woot! Woot!

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

You kicked ass this challenge my friend! Well done. 

You have my sympathies with the hair! As someone who is constantly changing my hairstyle, I know how annoying that awkward in-between stage is.  Stay strong and resist the urge to use the clippers!

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"