*peeks around corner* ohai

Hello there! I am malobee, and this is my first foray into this here Nerd Fitness extravaganza. Quick background: I had overhauled my whole life (diet, exercise, quit smoking) in 2013, and by 2014 had gotten into the best shape of my life. I maintained that until the end of 2017 hit and my complete and utter lack of neurotypical existence created some less than ideal habits (eating "worse", though not terribly, and less moving my body around accompanied with extreme fatigue). Fast forward to 6 weeks ago when I finally decided to go to a doctor because my lethargy and rapid weight gain over the past 6 months had become alarming. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's with antibodies through the roof. I am now receiving treatment for that, as well as undergoing testing for other autoimmune disease as I have a high likelihood for Celiac disease. 

This has all been rather discouraging. I hate the way my body feels because not only am I exhausted and achey for no apparent reason all of the time, but I also feel like someone smeared another person's body weight in a thick layer all over my body. It doesn't even feel like a part of me, and I don't recognize myself. So I decided to do something about it. I have moved back to a ketogenic diet (I responded very well to it from 2013-2016, and with my now diagnosed health issues it certainly makes sense as to why!), and I am starting with simple things like walking 5 miles a day and functional bodyweight exercises because I am not supposed to increase my activity levels too drastically with Hashimoto's (adrenal problems would really tank all of my efforts really early on). But with all of that I really felt like I needed support because it feels like a lot to take in and manage alone. Because of my love for D&D and Pathfinder, I did a google search for D&D fitness, and so here I am. I look forward to meeting all of you and progressing on this journey!

Welcome! You will find lots of support here. Sounds like you built up some great habits, and now that you have an official diagnosis, you will be able to get right back on track.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome! You will find lots of support here. Sounds like you built up some great habits, and now that you have an official diagnosis, you will be able to get right back on track.

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement. :3 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, malobee said:

Hello there! I am malobee, and this is my first foray into this here Nerd Fitness extravaganza.

You had me smiling there, I like your style. Tough times ahoy but you seem to be tackling it right. Take care and have fun on the way.

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:13 PM, Jean said:

You had me smiling there, I like your style. Tough times ahoy but you seem to be tackling it right. Take care and have fun on the way.

Glad to spread some smiles! They make everything better! Thanks for the encouragement. ^-^