Ranger Tavern, Inn and de facto Guild Hall [General Chat]

Well, last round we turned the Guild Hall into something straight out of Winterfell to keep up with the Game of Thrones hype, but seeing how this final season has caused so much fan outrage, the decision was made to break the spell and revert our Guild Hall into its more usual, mainstream medieval fantasy version.

character_medieval_tavern_keeper_big.jpg

Come by, say hello, meet your fellow Rangers, hype up your challenge locate other people's challenges to follow or simply *Sean Connery voice* stay a while and listen...

• Like 6

Water, with lemon, bitte.  I'll be over in the corner, watching the door.

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

It's so nice to be back! Hopefully I can make it stick this time *crosses fingers and toes and eyes*...*and nearly falls over*. Sparkling water for me!

• Like 3

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Barkeep!  Just give me all the coffee so I can make it til June!

• Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

7 hours ago, Emerald Eagle said:

so nice to be back

Welcome back!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

*shaar is sharpening her bard-knives in the corner.  she's simultaneously here and also not here, like schrodinger's shaar!~*

HAPPY CHALLENGE Y'ALL!

• Like 8

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Nic walks into the Guild Hall, holding her rucksack in her arms, rather than on her back. The near-neon red sunburn she gained at the end of her last mission on her upper back and shoulders made wearing the ruck far too uncomfortable. Staggering into an empty booth, Nic dropped the ruck, and then, gingerly stood and rolled her shoulders. Gods, but her shoulder was bothering her from that. Mentally making a note to see the healer after taking some down time, Nic went up to the bar, tiredly flopped a hand and muttered something that meant either "give me all the liquor" or "ice pack please." The bartender laughed, handed over an ice pack and a cold refreshing lemonade, and then sent Nic on her way. Collapsing back into the booth, Nic carefully applied the ice pack to the base of her neck and upper back, sighing in relief at the cool sensation. Pulling out a book from the ruck, Nic started reading, making sure to adjust the ice pack. She'd check in with the healer after this chapter... the action was heating up after all, and she wanted to know how the story would end. 

• Like 6

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

In honor of our upcoming trip to Mexico, I'll take a pomegranate margarita please!

• Like 3

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Sneaks Back In

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:41 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

*Sean Connery voice* stay a while and listen...

Wait....what?

Dragonwolf, The Hammer

Human/Wood-elf Wolf-Hearted Ranger

Herbalist, Skinner, Engineer

Character Sheet, Battle Log, Current challenge: The Road to Recovery

May Eir help me keep my health; may Ullr and Skadi guide my arrows to their mark;  may Thor give me the strength to protect myself from those who wish me harm; and may Odin help me find the order in the chaos of this world.

Blood-shot eyes peer out from under the oversized hood of the warm-weather traveling cloak that had been keeping the too-bright late-spring sunlight from making her headache worse. Mentally and emotionally exhausted, the Ranger flops down in a booth as the barkeep brings a glass of Irish Cream, a bottle of hard cider, and a package of peanut butter M&Ms to her table. Dragonwolf wearily nods her thanks to the barkeep. She takes a sip of the Irish Cream as her mind drifts toward the thought of setting up her hammock and not leaving it for the next month.

I'm not doing a challenge this time around (and probably for a while), but I figured I'd check in here to see what's going on. Therapy has been brutal and isn't slated to get much better anytime soon. That's challenge enough for me for some time.

• Like 6

Dragonwolf, The Hammer

Human/Wood-elf Wolf-Hearted Ranger

Herbalist, Skinner, Engineer

Character Sheet, Battle Log, Current challenge: The Road to Recovery

May Eir help me keep my health; may Ullr and Skadi guide my arrows to their mark;  may Thor give me the strength to protect myself from those who wish me harm; and may Odin help me find the order in the chaos of this world.

I have just heard of Brennevin, which is apparently some sort of Icelandic death schnapps, amd I wonder if there’s any in a dark cabinet back there?

01CA7707-FC6B-4BFD-8059-CB1307414F37.jpeg

• Like 3

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

3 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I have just heard of Brennevin, which is apparently some sort of Icelandic death schnapps, amd I wonder if there’s any in a dark cabinet back there?

01CA7707-FC6B-4BFD-8059-CB1307414F37.jpeg

It's always been there.

Now it may not have always been there five minutes ago, but as soon as you said something about it, it has always been there.*

*Try not to think too hard about it. Fortunately, the Brennivin helps with that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It's always been there.
Now it may not have always been there five minutes ago, but as soon as you said something about it, it has always been there.*

*Try not to think too hard about it. Fortunately, the Brennivin helps with that.

This is how the whole universe works. The more we know the more there is. And it’s always been there.
  • Like 7

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Kestrel stomps into the guild hall, looking wet and angry.  The barkeep silently slides over a mug of mulled wine and she takes it to a dark corner to skulk.  Except, the wine is really good, and it is hard to stay upset for long surrounded by her awesome fellow Rangers.

Someone stole my bike while I was at work today.  I had a top-notch chain and lock, so they destroyed the metal shelving it was attached to instead and took the whole thing.  It will probably be funny when I get over being mad.

• Sad 8

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

7 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Someone stole my bike while I was at work today.  I had a top-notch chain and lock, so they destroyed the metal shelving it was attached to instead and took the whole thing.  It will probably be funny when I get over being mad.

That's terrible! I'm so sorry that happened to you.

• Thanks 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Try not to think too hard about it

Anyone who’s seen my challenges knows “thinking” is not my strong point...

• Like 1

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

8 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Kestrel stomps into the guild hall, looking wet and angry.  The barkeep silently slides over a mug of mulled wine and she takes it to a dark corner to skulk.  Except, the wine is really good, and it is hard to stay upset for long surrounded by her awesome fellow Rangers.

Oh nooooo! That sucks!

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Tzippi stops at the doorway, unlacing her boots and shaking out her hair. "Whew!" she exclaims. "The rain just wont stop on the steppes." She pads in stocking feet to the bar, and looks quizzically at the barkeep. He gives a half-nod and a smile, and starts to prepare her usual, from the long ago when she was a regular here.  

Hi, all! Back from a sojourn with the Monks. Feeling centered and ready for some hard work!

• Like 5

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current