• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Ranger Tavern, Inn and de facto Guild Hall [General Chat]

10 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Someone stole my bike while I was at work today.  I had a top-notch chain and lock, so they destroyed the metal shelving it was attached to instead and took the whole thing.  It will probably be funny when I get over being mad.

That's awful! I once had to convince a stranger to help me steal my own bike because I forgot the combination to my lock and I'm still a little bit amazed they believed me about it really being my own bike. Hopefully someone saw something (destroying metal shelving couldn't have been too fast or unobtrusive...) and you might get it back later? Maybe? One can hope?

6 minutes ago, RES said:

The usual please

me11583537-pouring-coffee-white-cup-surr

its-that-time-of-year-where-people-will-

But if you really feel passionate about this "too warm" malarkey you just gotta be smart and go for dem frappes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deftona said:

But if you really feel passionate about this "too warm" malarkey you just gotta be smart and go for dem frappes.

Too much like desert for me...Iced coffee is about as far as I'll go

41 minutes ago, RES said:

Too much like desert for me...Iced coffee is about as far as I'll go

Iced coffee is life, truly

• Like 2

Lady Rangers, especially those who are outside a lot, tell me your favorite face lotion/moisturizer. The discussion of booty lotion over on @deftona's thread reminded me I want to splurge on some decent skincare, to remain irresistably supple and vibrant, and not look like a raspberry all summer.

Talk at me. Dudes with good skincare advice are welcome to join in

• Like 1

This challenge I am going for the hard stuff. 

Scotch. On the Rocks. 

But with a cute umbrella, s'il vous plait. 
Scotch on the rocks. No umbrella.377e901f2d0436692dd580748f6ebba6.jpg

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thom quietly walks in grabs a bowl of hearty stew. Shakes his head in the negative to the bottle of scotch and asks for a coffee instead. Then heads to a table and waits for his friends.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Lady Rangers, especially those who are outside a lot, tell me your favorite face lotion/moisturizer. The discussion of booty lotion over on @deftona's thread reminded me I want to splurge on some decent skincare, to remain irresistably supple and vibrant, and not look like a raspberry all summer.

I mix a highly overpriced mineral sunscreen from my dermatologist with my highly overpriced regular face moisturizer (dermalogica). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I think skincare is one of those things you just need to keep trying different brands of because it's so personal. I have been trying different products over the last 20 years at all different price points and I have settled on a day lotion from Burt's Bees with a high SPF and an anti-aging night cream from Boot's No 7. Your mileage will definitely vary but I recommend ALWAYS using a day cream with sunscreen. I have always done this and a colleague told me last week I look 23. She might have been gassing me up for a full time contract but whatever, I take all the compliments I can get. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I use something called Dr. Belmeur Clarifying Moisturizer Hydrant from The Face Shop. It doesn't contain any synthetic scents which I have an extreme sensitivity to. It's nice right after a shower. I also try to use sunscreen like Kestrel Grey and deftona but I'm not super great at it yet (partially because I avoid the sun like the plague).

• Like 1

I use an organic one but it's made by a local company, pretty low-key and not available in other countries. You've probably never heard of it.

18 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I wash it with Dr Bronner's liquid soap and use ACURE Brightening Day Cream

I don't splurge on anything :lol: I am outside a considerable amount in the summer since I work for a baseball team

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The most rangerly of skin care products is bear grease. My grandma swore by it.

I was going to say coconut oil, because it solves all problems.  But I like yours better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I was going to say coconut oil, because it solves all problems.  But I like yours better.

Here's a fun one for you.

Black bear fat is primarily oleic acid, the same one olive oil is prized for.

Apparently black bears are olives with claws. :D

But seriously, if Grandma really did swear by it as a skincare product, that's probably why.

That said, tallow is also a fantastic skincare product, as well, because its fatty acid ratios are close to our own and the body can use it directly. Lard works in a pinch, but for moisturizing purposes isn't quite as good as it doesn't absorb quite as well.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Dragonwolf said:

Here's a fun one for you.

I like to rub bacon grease on my chest and then go visit the local dog shelter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2019 at 10:33 AM, Tzippi Longstockings said:

Tzippi stops at the doorway, unlacing her boots and shaking out her hair. "Whew!" she exclaims. "The rain just wont stop on the steppes." She pads in stocking feet to the bar, and looks quizzically at the barkeep. He gives a half-nod and a smile, and starts to prepare her usual, from the long ago when she was a regular here. 

Longstockinged feet?

Xena staggers into the bar and sinks heavily onto a stool. The barkeep raises an eyebrow, humoring her drama.

It's been a rough road and there's more trouble a-coming. Dark and stormy please.

• Like 1