• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Ranger Tavern, Inn and de facto Guild Hall [General Chat]

And now for something completely different...

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

I like their wolf totem song better...

Hi, Thom, Cheetah, everyone. Good to see you all.

send from my new phone, bear with me.

• Like 2

Heavy metal sung in Mongol and played on antique instruments! Now that is niche marketing, right there. I dig it.

• Like 3

Is there a new challenge starting next week or are we on summer break? The notice is usually up by now. 

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

Is there a new challenge starting next week or are we on summer break? The notice is usually up by now. 

We get a weekly break, then the next one starts on July 1st till July 28th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

We get a weekly break, then the next one starts on July 1st till July 28th.

Copy, Ghostrider. Standing by for launch. 

• Haha 1

*sticks head in through half-open door*

Hello. Will this tabernacle be moved, or new one will be chosen for Hall in next 5 weeks?

• Like 1

Heyoo, Ranger Friens, i'm have Question? Has anyone heard of this HealthyWager thing? I keep getting adverts for it and wondered if anyone's tried it. Their main thing is about weightloss, but it's their walking challenges i'm curious about...you pay an entry fee (looks like it's generally 30 dollars, usually for two months so, 60 total) and have to walk x amount, and you're on a virtual 'team' so, however many from your team hit the goal, the final 'pot' of money is split between everyone who wins.

I'm a touch skeptical because it looks like the taxes (ew) aspect of it could be a hassle, but it also looks a bit interesting?

(the website is a pain to navigate, though, they've not got ease of access going for them)

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, aramis said:

*sticks head in through half-open door*

Hello. Will this tabernacle be moved, or new one will be chosen for Hall in next 5 weeks?

A new one shall be set up, most likely by our brand new Guild Leader, @SkyGirl ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Has anyone heard of this HealthyWager thing?

Unless you can pick people to form a team, it's a scam. If you are assigned to randoms, I'm sure there will be enough slackers to lower team's success rate enough to drain you from your money. Don't do that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aramis said:

Unless you can pick people to form a team, it's a scam. If you are assigned to randoms, I'm sure there will be enough slackers to lower team's success rate enough to drain you from your money. Don't do that.

You can make your own team, but it also says something about no matter what you at least get your entry money back.

• Like 1

You can make your own team, but it also says something about no matter what you at least get your entry money back.
If everyone gets AT LEAST their entry money back... where is the additional money coming from?

Sounds shady, sorry to be negative.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morag said:

If everyone gets AT LEAST their entry money back... where is the additional money coming from?

Sounds shady, sorry to be negative.

oops, i said everyone but it's just the ones who complete the challenge. anyone who fails forfeits the entryfee, and the rest comes from the site's corporate sponsors (apparently a lot of businesses use them?) and other failed challenges. I don't know though, their site is difficult to navigate for all the information, and i'd like to see some kind of chart for just what their rate is of people successfully completing challenges vs. what percentage of the money is from sponsors vs failed challenges.

Sponsors you say? Do they list those sponsors? And what sponsors get from throwing money at this site? 

Oh, one more thing - how do they check if you beat the challenge or not? Do they send you some sort of fitbit to track your walking? 

As Morag said - sorry to be negative, but it's hard to believe someone is giving something for free. Where money is involved, you need to be extra cautious.

4 minutes ago, aramis said:

Sponsors you say? Do they list those sponsors? And what sponsors get from throwing money at this site?  

Oh, one more thing - how do they check if you beat the challenge or not? Do they send you some sort of fitbit to track your walking? 

As Morag said - sorry to be negative, but it's hard to believe someone is giving something for free. Where money is involved, you need to be extra cautious.

I'm emailing them about actual sponsors, but on the site there are links to NPR, AARP, CNN, The Washington Post, NBC, ABC, several others. This is what's on their website, though:

This seems too good to be true, where does the money come from?

HealthyWage is financially supported by insurers, health systems and hospitals, food companies, and the government. Government and corporate leaders know that incentives work and are a cost effective solution (paying incentives costs less than paying for health care for an obese population).

For the walking thing you're supposed to already have a fitbit, which you sync. The minimum walking goal, for if a person has walked very little or only just recently got the fitbit so there's not enough data, is 10000 steps. From there it goes up with each challenge you do. For the weightloss challenges, you use a cellphone to do a verified weigh-in ( they accept Weight Watchers weigh-ins but it looks like they have others they'll accept ) or there are some other instructions available.

i don't have any money to give them right now, or a fitbit for that matter, anyway so i'm not about to chance anything :lol:i've just been squinting at this thing for a few days trying to puzzle it out since i got an ad for it.  not sure how much it means, but even though i'm just hearing about them it looks like they've been going since 2009 with no scandals, and they've got a profile on the Better Business Bureau where there are some reviews as well as what looks like resolved complaints. 

mostly i'd just wondered if anyone here knew anything about it because i'm not all that trusting of reviews.

• Like 1