• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Ranger Tavern, Inn and de facto Guild Hall [General Chat]

Well, last round we turned the Guild Hall into something straight out of Winterfell to keep up with the Game of Thrones hype, but seeing how this final season has caused so much fan outrage, the decision was made to break the spell and revert our Guild Hall into its more usual, mainstream medieval fantasy version.

character_medieval_tavern_keeper_big.jpg

Come by, say hello, meet your fellow Rangers, hype up your challenge locate other people's challenges to follow or simply *Sean Connery voice* stay a while and listen...

• Like 6

This challenge I am going for the hard stuff. 

Scotch. On the Rocks. 

But with a cute umbrella, s'il vous plait. 

• Like 5

The little compartments under the bar look like great places to cozy up with a drink...or plot ambushes take shelter in case of another bar fight. Miau will be atop those floursacks sipping a smoothie if anyone needs her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Water, with lemon, bitte.  I'll be over in the corner, watching the door.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Emerald Eagle said:

so nice to be back

Welcome back!

• Like 1

*shaar is sharpening her bard-knives in the corner.  she's simultaneously here and also not here, like schrodinger's shaar!~*

HAPPY CHALLENGE Y'ALL!

• Like 8

Nic walks into the Guild Hall, holding her rucksack in her arms, rather than on her back. The near-neon red sunburn she gained at the end of her last mission on her upper back and shoulders made wearing the ruck far too uncomfortable. Staggering into an empty booth, Nic dropped the ruck, and then, gingerly stood and rolled her shoulders. Gods, but her shoulder was bothering her from that. Mentally making a note to see the healer after taking some down time, Nic went up to the bar, tiredly flopped a hand and muttered something that meant either "give me all the liquor" or "ice pack please." The bartender laughed, handed over an ice pack and a cold refreshing lemonade, and then sent Nic on her way. Collapsing back into the booth, Nic carefully applied the ice pack to the base of her neck and upper back, sighing in relief at the cool sensation. Pulling out a book from the ruck, Nic started reading, making sure to adjust the ice pack. She'd check in with the healer after this chapter... the action was heating up after all, and she wanted to know how the story would end. 

• Like 6

I'm back at it again this time, doing a challenge but spending some time with the Druids for some balancing.

• Like 7

Blood-shot eyes peer out from under the oversized hood of the warm-weather traveling cloak that had been keeping the too-bright late-spring sunlight from making her headache worse. Mentally and emotionally exhausted, the Ranger flops down in a booth as the barkeep brings a glass of Irish Cream, a bottle of hard cider, and a package of peanut butter M&Ms to her table. Dragonwolf wearily nods her thanks to the barkeep. She takes a sip of the Irish Cream as her mind drifts toward the thought of setting up her hammock and not leaving it for the next month.

I'm not doing a challenge this time around (and probably for a while), but I figured I'd check in here to see what's going on. Therapy has been brutal and isn't slated to get much better anytime soon. That's challenge enough for me for some time.

• Like 6

I have just heard of Brennevin, which is apparently some sort of Icelandic death schnapps, amd I wonder if there’s any in a dark cabinet back there?

01CA7707-FC6B-4BFD-8059-CB1307414F37.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I have just heard of Brennevin, which is apparently some sort of Icelandic death schnapps, amd I wonder if there’s any in a dark cabinet back there?

01CA7707-FC6B-4BFD-8059-CB1307414F37.jpeg

It's always been there.

Now it may not have always been there five minutes ago, but as soon as you said something about it, it has always been there.*

*Try not to think too hard about it. Fortunately, the Brennivin helps with that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It's always been there.
Now it may not have always been there five minutes ago, but as soon as you said something about it, it has always been there.*

*Try not to think too hard about it. Fortunately, the Brennivin helps with that.

This is how the whole universe works. The more we know the more there is. And it’s always been there.
  • Like 7

Kestrel stomps into the guild hall, looking wet and angry.  The barkeep silently slides over a mug of mulled wine and she takes it to a dark corner to skulk.  Except, the wine is really good, and it is hard to stay upset for long surrounded by her awesome fellow Rangers.

Someone stole my bike while I was at work today.  I had a top-notch chain and lock, so they destroyed the metal shelving it was attached to instead and took the whole thing.  It will probably be funny when I get over being mad.

• Sad 8

7 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Someone stole my bike while I was at work today.  I had a top-notch chain and lock, so they destroyed the metal shelving it was attached to instead and took the whole thing.  It will probably be funny when I get over being mad.

That's terrible! I'm so sorry that happened to you.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Try not to think too hard about it

Anyone who’s seen my challenges knows “thinking” is not my strong point...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Kestrel stomps into the guild hall, looking wet and angry.  The barkeep silently slides over a mug of mulled wine and she takes it to a dark corner to skulk.  Except, the wine is really good, and it is hard to stay upset for long surrounded by her awesome fellow Rangers.

Oh nooooo! That sucks!

• Thanks 1

Tzippi stops at the doorway, unlacing her boots and shaking out her hair. "Whew!" she exclaims. "The rain just wont stop on the steppes." She pads in stocking feet to the bar, and looks quizzically at the barkeep. He gives a half-nod and a smile, and starts to prepare her usual, from the long ago when she was a regular here.  

Hi, all! Back from a sojourn with the Monks. Feeling centered and ready for some hard work!

• Like 5