Hi everyone! I'm back, formerly known as hurley8604. With a new start, thought I'd start with a new name as well!

I was a member back in...oh about 2014/2015. I hadn't lost any weight, but I do believe I had lost some inches. That time of my life was a little rough. I was in a dead end job that I hated, and it hated me back. I was fired from that job and it took me a long time to find a new one. During that time my depression went from being bad to worst, to the point that my father even noticed (he's oblivious to most of my life). With Nerdfitness I had gotten into the habit of going to the gym 3-4 times a week, but that all quickly stopped. For some reason I started gaining 2-3 pounds a month and this lasted for several months. I rage quit the gym, and then when I lost my job I ended the membership as an excuse (it was also $80 a month!) By the end of 2016 I had gained 50 pounds, with another 10 more to follow in the next couple of months. 

I keep on telling myself that I want to get healthy again. I get all motivated, but never actually follow through. Well, that needs to change. 

Over the last year I have lost about 10 pounds - but not in a good way. In March of 2018 I started a job that required 10 hour shifts, leaving at either 8:30 or 10pm at night with a 45 minute drive home. I didn't want to cook and have dinner that late so I started cooking some chicken in the morning before work and eating that with some couscous and broccoli at lunch time. When I got home from work I'd have some cheese and crackers. I lost about 3 pounds doing this over a course of 4 1/2 months. Then I stopped doing this because of a bad landlord situation and needing to move quickly and it's been hard to pick the habit back up. My hours are much better now, I think it's mostly I'm not a fan of being in my new kitchen. Not as much counter/prep space. I then lost another 7 pounds getting sick after a vacation in October, 5 of that being lost in 24 hours. Yea, it was bad. 

I'm bound and determined to keep this weight off and lose another 50, bringing me back to my original weight. If not even weight wise, just size wise so I can fit into my old jeans and shirts (inches matter more than pounds!). I'll need a lot of accountability. I already have my goals set for the next challenge, but people will need to be on me to make sure I check in. I really hope I can make my goals this time around and get healthy again.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Welcome back! I am brand new here, so I am just learning the ropes, but I will be happy to support where I can! It seems like you have a good handle on what has been going on for you to create obstacles and I know for me that is always a great place to start. I wish you all the best on this leg of your journey!

Thank you! And welcome! Everyone here is great, you are going to enjoy it. The hardest part really is identifying where you need the help and coming up with attainable goals. Sometimes we just aim too high too soon. Slow and steady. It took awhile for us to get unhealthy, it will take awhile to get healthy again. It's a marathon, not a sprint :)

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Thank you Sylvaa! I'm actually surprised by the timing. I lucked out that a new challenge starts soon, not sure I would have been able to wait, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!  Welcome back!!!!!!!

I'm rushing off to bed right now, gotta keep up with my goals, lol!  I just happened to see your pic and had to come and say “hi”.  I’ll msg you tomorrow ;) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously