• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bixby

I signed up in 2015 and have done absolutely nothing.

Hi!  I spent $100 and haven't done anything in 4 years and I've gained weight.  Is there some kind soul who could PM me and be my guardian angel/babysitter?

I made up some goals on the academy and then I forgot about it for four years.

What should I do?

Thanks.

iu.jpeg.2fbd35ec663d19918988ca6ff81d914a.jpeg

I'm terrible at consistency/keeping in touch, so I'd be a terrible friend in this instance. I'd suggest relying on the community rather than an individual. Since you seem to be searching for accountability, the 4 weeks challenges could be a good idea. They're subforums where you set your goals and check in regularly to account for how you've fared, while other people do the same around you while cheering each other up.

The next one starts on May 27 but it'll be up by next week to allow for preparations to be made. You could either use next week to set yourself up or dive right in and turn it into a 5 weeks challenge. It'll appear somewhere at the bottom of the forums, with a message at the top of the forum when you log in keeping you informed of dates and, if I can recall it right, with a link to get you there.

If you're really searching for one on one accountability, then the coaching system seems made for that. It comes with a price, though so it can also become a money sink if you don't commit to it.

Either way won't work if you don't show up by yourself, so the first question, here, would be how much of yourself you are willing to throw into this. Others can help you define goals and encourage you to stick to them but reporting in is 100% on you. If you feel like now's the time when you can commit more fully to your fitness/eating objectives, then dive right in and have fun! :D

• Like 1

thanks so much, seems like the 4 weeks challenge is what I am looking for.  and yeah, sounds like I can turn it into a 5 weeks challenge while getting set up.  the big question is how big or small to make the goal?  maybe one thought is to just track food everyday for 5 weeks, hmmm...

thanks for your response!

Glad I didn't sound too harsh, I was afraid of it at some point. When setting my first goals, I like to start slow and build up if I feel like its too easy. The small victories do add up to keep me motivated.

Tracking without judging is a very good goal, not as easy to reach as one might think either.

For exercise, I like Steve's 5 minutes walks as a minimal fall back when I want to get myself back on track (it has some good effects on my mind and helps keeping me on a schedule too).

Have fun questing around here. :)

• Like 1

The four week challenges are great for encouragement and accountability. Agreeing with Jean. First step, make what you think is a small goal. Step two, make it even smaller. Third step, look at your goal. Are you 90% confident you can achieve that goal? Then you're set. If not, make it smaller. Really. Success breeds motivation

• Like 2

set ministeps

even small hobbit feet have the power to walk to Mordor given enough time.

And then listen to Elastigirl! she's smart!.

Start small. Go for a small walk.

Do one set of one exercise? or similar :)