Salinger's twenty second challenge!

Salinger

1 hour ago, NicTheRugger said:

Yes! Absolutely yes. I feel like this all the time. Maybe less like "I want to be a boy" and more "I want to be gender neutral and be an ambiguous androgynous being," but it's similar. 

Echoing all of this-- something I really admire about you is that you keep fighting and pushing forward. You get back up when you fall, when a lot of other people would just give up. You're amazing for always pushing forward and seeking self-improvement. 

I'm still figuring out the NB stuff myself. But from what I've learned from other people and read, it's whatever you want it to be, as long as you don't feel like you're any one particular gender! You can identify with both, neither, or some combination thereof! There are days when I definitely feel like a woman, and days when I wake up and go "gender is a lie invented by the patriarchy" and both. are. good. And whatever you feel like, that's good too. 

Seems a few of us are feeling similar things, that makes me feel less alone *hug* 

Thank you Nic, how lovely of you. x

1 hour ago, NicTheRugger said:

YOU LOOK SO DAPPER!!!

Well this made me feel good!!!! :)

1 hour ago, Miaulin said:

in that first one especially you straight-up look like a moviestar and i'm not even exaggerating. goodness gracious Sal you are ROCKING that suit

:o THANK YOU MIA!!!! Seriously, thank you x

1 hour ago, Miaulin said:

and i fully agree about dressing how you want- absolutely go for it honestly? clothes are not inherently gendered anyway, most of the 'rules' about them are just humans being silly. everyone of all genders should be free to just dress how they want without conforming to somebody else's idea of what they 'should' be wearing.

You are right of course, clothes are something 'we' gendered...hmmm something to think about certainly. 

21 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Be true to yourself, everyone else can heck off....

You make it sound like a bug...... :P 

I personally feel like a girl, and want to be one (good thing I happen to be one, I guess).  But if I wanted to rock a suit, I would, either way.  I can’t say I understand the non binary stuff, but be who you want, when you want.  Wear your suit with the red lipstick for goodness sake, why not.  Take it day by day.  In one respect, I agree with your friend.  Live your life and be happy.  But, she should have listened at least.  Perhaps she’s struggling with something as well......

Haha when i said 'it was going around' i meant in my head!! But it does seem a few of us on here feel similar thoughts too...!

Thanks Rinna. Yes she has some stuff going on herself, but is certainly cis and straight. Perhaps she just doesnt understand? We made up anyway, she apologised for dismissing me. x

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Perhaps she just doesnt understand? We made up anyway, she apologised for dismissing me. x

Glad you’re all made up. Strife with a friend is never good.

• Like 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

I see you've had quite a bit convo this weekend. and I'm not sure I have too much to add.

I did LIKE that Jean unpacked much of what I might say about balance and self hate end of last week. 

anyways regarding your thoughts about your gender identity I have no real advice, but Just a friendly note that you have my support.  certainly it's worth some time and deep thought about who you are. 

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

5 hours ago, TGP said:

anyways regarding your thoughts about your gender identity I have no real advice, but Just a friendly note that you have my support.  certainly it's worth some time and deep thought about who you are. 

Thank you TGP <3 glad to know you have my back! xx

Morning all, well its 11 am so almost NOT morning haha ive not even been up very long, my alarm went off yet i turned it off and fell back to sleep. Its shark week :( well it started last night. I have awful cramps and feel run down. Thank fully i dont get it so bad usually, but this one is a nasty one. 

My friend wants to meet around 3pm but im unsure if i want to go to town feeling like this :( which is a big shame as it would be good to see him before i go to Venice. I have a little time yet to decide i suppose. 

Im feeling very underprepared for Venice...im extremely anxious about going, and starting to doubt my ideas. Wish i could just feel ok for one day!!!!

Not much else really, ill just curl up in a ball and cry ahahahahhah x

• Like 1
On 5/29/2019 at 5:14 AM, Salinger said:

Im feeling very underprepared for Venice...im extremely anxious about going, and starting to doubt my ideas. Wish i could just feel ok for one day!!!!

heyoo, i don't know if this will help but i saw something recently about using "It's true that ______, but _______" to help with stuff like this? along the lines of, "It's true that I'm anxious/experiencing doubt....BUT I know people like my art and ideas/I've successfully organized events before"  ( you do know people like your art and ideas - not just from feedback here but because people agreed to come to the event )

anyway *sends hugs and a basket of flowers* best of wishes fir your travel and for  the event! you really are amazing even when you don't feel it! <3

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

3 hours ago, Miaulin said:

heyoo, i don't know if this will help but i saw something recently about using "It's true that ______, but _______" to help with stuff like this? along the lines of, "It's true that I'm anxious/experiencing doubt....BUT I know people like my art and ideas/I've successfully organized events before"  ( you do know people like your art and ideas - not just from feedback here but because people agreed to come to the event )

anyway *sends hugs and a basket of flowers* best of wishes fir your travel and for  the event! you really are amazing even when you don't feel it! <3

Thank you Mia ! <3 xx

Hey all, yesterday i went out for some drinks with a few friends...was nice. I wore my tie and jacket, and although i felt VERY anxious about being out like that, it was actually kinda fine. My friends said i looked handsome and cool, which was nice!

Probably stayed out too later really, but hey ho. 

Today ive not done much :( im leaving at 5am tomorrow morning so i have to pack and im getting a bit stressed out really about it all. Im not ready so i better get into gear. 

I am so so tired. Exhausted actually. And i need a shower haha x

• Like 1

You will be brilliant!  Have fun!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

well, YOUR leaving, just as I'm heading home.  we'll prolly miss each other: and I don't foresee doing too much posting before next week (maybe a little, maybe NOT)

so let me just say!  relax!! your in venice- have a slice of pizza!!!

very, very impressed with how you are doing right now.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

Thanks TGP and Cheetah. 

Its 5am, I’m about to get a taxi to the airport. My anxiety is full on but I’m trying to just breathe and stay calm. I just want to get there now. Wish I was getting the train!!!! 

Haha

thanks for all your support. X

Ps. I am going to miss the cats so much :( 

• Like 1

Hey all. ... Sunday 2.30pm here in Venice. BOILING HOT. Its so warm here and sunny. Im at the gallery, sat outside though, doing some work. Making some sound art this afternoon and hooking up the camera to the monitor. see if it all works....im craving lemon soda....Chris (the curator) has gone to get me some haha

• Like 2

ooops dont know why that sent. I wasnt finished!

Anyway, working today then chilling out tonight i think. Busy week ahead. Feeling pretty strange if im honest, kinda sad and anxious. But trying to fight through it...I suppose i need to enjoy being here and stuff. Be grateful. 

Ok better go back to work!! x

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Salinger said:

Feeling pretty strange if im honest, kinda sad and anxious.

That is pretty natural to feel that way. It's okay. Have fun! 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

16 hours ago, TGP said:

Hey Sal!

in venice today?  very cool.  you should tell us about their food.

when I think of venice I think of pasta and pizza... are those foods a big deal in venice?  do you eat pretty well, or do you have to keep costs down??

Hey mate! 

Yes here till the 11th!. 

I guess its mainly pizza, pasta, fish...

Im not eating much at all really, and when i am eating its mainly a cheese and ham panini or something. I think tonight or tomorrow night, ill get a big salad from somewhere. Craving cucumbers and tomatoes!!! mmmmmm

Plus yes, i barely have any money really. Running out rapidly :(  xx

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

That is pretty natural to feel that way. It's okay. Have fun! 

Thanks Jon, for the reassurance...!xx

• Like 1

Hey all. 1pm here, im so tired, i barely slept last night, so hot plus my roommate was snoring like mad hahaha

im in the gallery alone, doing work. Im sweating like mad hahaa fuck sake. but working on sound stuff and planning the rest of the week out. i could just love to go back to bed though. Again, im anxious as hell about everything. **oh that reminds me to take my meds**

**took them!**

Ok...so just going to do work till around 7pm probably, and then chill out for the night. Hoping for an early night! xx

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey all. 1pm here, im so tired, i barely slept last night, so hot plus my roommate was snoring like mad hahaha

im in the gallery alone, doing work. Im sweating like mad hahaa fuck sake. but working on sound stuff and planning the rest of the week out. i could just love to go back to bed though. Again, im anxious as hell about everything. **oh that reminds me to take my meds**

**took them!**

Ok...so just going to do work till around 7pm probably, and then chill out for the night. Hoping for an early night! xx

IPhone lets you set reminders.......so it will buzz/make noise to remind you.    Mine played “They’re coming to take me away haa haa” by Napoleon XIV, cause my kids always referred to my meds as my crazy pills.  Cause I’d start acting “crazy” if I didn’t take them. 

• Like 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

19 hours ago, Rinna said:

IPhone lets you set reminders.......so it will buzz/make noise to remind you.    Mine played “They’re coming to take me away haa haa” by Napoleon XIV, cause my kids always referred to my meds as my crazy pills.  Cause I’d start acting “crazy” if I didn’t take them. 

haha thats funny! I do have an alarm actually, but i never take them at that time, stupidly. Need to be more responsible....x

HEY ALL. 1pm haha i always seem to write at 1pm! Slept better last night thank fully. Yesterday was good. Did lots of work in the gallery. Someone came to visit the space and said they thought my work was the best they had seen in Venice :o which is pretty amazing and humbling. Also ive just been getting a lot of praise and stuff Which is really nice. 

The gallery is closed today, but im here to do work, so at least i wont be disturbed and can get on with things. I went to the shop on the way, bought water, lemon fanta, bread, ham and tomatoes....! Just had a feast HAHA ive noticed that my appetite is low here. Could barely finish the sandwich. And yesterday all i ate was a tuna sandwich and 2 tomatoes....eeek. 

My legs are covered in bites, bloody mosquitos. I have used spray and stuff but it does nothing! All the other artists have been got too....bastards!

Im sort of missing home....been here about 4 days, another 7 to go!! I miss the cats. And normality. 

Venice is mega cool but its boiling hot here and stressful and im working hard and exhausted.  I guess im not here to holiday though, its my job to be here, its work. So its going to be hard at times. 

Anyway, last night me, the curator and another artist went for some beers and it was LOVELY! We all got a bit tipsy and the conversations got a bit deep, mental health and stuff. Was good to be so open with each other.

Ok better get some work done. Oh i will catch up with you all first though :P xx

• Like 4

Hey again it’s almost 7pm here and AGAIN I’m at the Irish pub hehe they know me here now and look genuinely happy to see me! 

I ordered a coke and he said to me ‘wow that’s a surprise!’ Haaaaaa too much beer. 

Im waiting for my friend to arrive and we will hang out. 

Got more work done this evening and now I’m going to read my book whilst I wait. 

Ciao x 

• Like 3