Salinger's twenty second challenge!

Salinger

On 6/20/2019 at 11:54 PM, Salinger said:

I think the clean room plus new bedding, helped relax me!

Perhaps the non-chaotic room soothes your chaotic mind?

• Like 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

sending you lots of love Salinger! Please be kind to yourself; believe me i know it's tempting to just give up completely after a bad day or a slip-up, but if anything those are the times when it's most important to get back up, even if you just start with doing one right thing. Be kind to yourself, friend. Still here cheering for you!

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

7 hours ago, Miaulin said:

sending you lots of love Salinger! Please be kind to yourself; believe me i know it's tempting to just give up completely after a bad day or a slip-up, but if anything those are the times when it's most important to get back up, even if you just start with doing one right thing. Be kind to yourself, friend. Still here cheering for you!

Thank you Mia. Yes very tempting. I just, i dont know...i feel guilty for drinking so much and kinda awful for sleeping with that guy. I dont even really LIKE men at the minute. So why? I was so drunk. I wouldnt have done it sober. 

I went to sleep very early last night, 9pm and slept through till this morning (9am)!!!!! 

Today...Sunday. 10.40am. Well i need to sort myself out, plan the week. Be kinder to myself. Eat well. Drink enough water. Answer emails. Read. Have a bath. Sit in the sun. Try to relax. I know i want to spiral out of control, i feel like its easier to do that, than to pull myself back together. How annoying. 

I will make a cup of tea now. x

Hey, it just gone 5pm. 

Just saw its the last day of the challenge!? Wow... lets see how it went. 

• Food must now be tracked five days a week. (weekend off) - nope.
  • CLEAN, wholesome food to be eaten. - Yes done much better this challenge with food. 
  • NO TAKEOUTS for the whole challenge. - FAILED
  • Drink 2ltr of water per day. - Most days ive done ok
  • Go to the gym 3 days a week (Mon/Weds/Fri if possible) - Started going but still, this is classed as a fail 
  • Go on a hike. - FAIL

hahhhaah not done very well. But i HAVE done some good stuff. Venice was a success, I cleaned my room, i got a PT at the gym, food has been decent. Self care has been up and down. 

Now...im wondering about my new challenge, any thoughts on theme? Might help me!! input required :D

Ive had an ok afternoon/day. I had a nap, i read for an hour (Anne Frank's diary, very good) erm...ate cottage cheese, salad in a pita. Drank tea. Im kinda hungry, will eat soon. (salmon, veggies, cous cous.)  with strawberries and cherries for after. 

So...yea...ill also be having a bath at some point. And getting an early (ish) night. 

Oh...even though i slept with a man on Friday, i did chat to a girl (friend of a friend) and i kinda like her. We added each other on the old instagram and have chatted a TINY bit. Im not even sure she is into girls and anyway, she is WAY out of my league :( but i have that  horrible feeling inside, when you want someone to reply to your message HAHAH i feel like a fucking loser. 

Oh also, im OBSESSED with Billie Eilish. Anyone listened to her album? Its bloody brilliant. Every song! cant believe she is 17, she is BAD ass. 

See ya xx

Okay so maybe you didn't do exactly what your goals were, but i still think this was a pretty successful challenge for you. Starting at the gym, and especially hiring a trainer, is a big thing. Maybe you didn't track food five days a week, but you did discuss nutrition with your trainer and learned that you need to eat more, so now you have extra knowledge to use to help you with your meals throughout the day. And we've all seen that you make some great meals. Venice as you said was a success...you've done a Lot of good stuff, set yourself up for good progress :D

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Now...im wondering about my new challenge, any thoughts on theme? Might help me!! input required :D

This isn't like a demand or "You HAVE to do it THIS WAY" or anything like that but my suggestion would be

1. What's kind of the main thing you'd like to work on for the next four weeks? Something like, do you want to improve your self-image? Treat yourself more kindly? Work on your notion of self-worth? Build Strength and Resilience? Something Else?
2. Alright, what are the things you need to do most to further that goal? Take your meds each day, gym, keeping on top of your food, mindfulness stuff like journaling or affirmations or meditating? You've got your goals ^_^
3. What's a Book/Movie/TV Show/Media or really anything that you're super into or find inspiring? Can you tie elements from that 'Killing Eve' you mentioned to your goals? What about some of your favorite songs or some such?

Ive had an ok afternoon/day. I had a nap, i read for an hour (Anne Frank's diary, very good) erm...ate cottage cheese, salad in a pita. Drank tea. Im kinda hungry, will eat soon. (salmon, veggies, cous cous.)  with strawberries and cherries for after. 

So...yea...ill also be having a bath at some point. And getting an early (ish) night. 

This all sounds really good :3

Oh...even though i slept with a man on Friday, i did chat to a girl (friend of a friend) and i kinda like her. We added each other on the old instagram and have chatted a TINY bit. Im not even sure she is into girls and anyway, she is WAY out of my league :( but i have that  horrible feeling inside, when you want someone to reply to your message HAHAH i feel like a fucking loser. 

Remember please slap me with a fish if you feel like "nooo youre so pushy miau oh my god shut up" but, the way i see it the whole concept of anyone being "out of someone's league" is flawed because it runs on the notion that people aren't all equal. People might express themselves differently and live in different circumstances but nobody is inherently 'better' than someone else. You're not a bad person, Sal. Everybody has things they struggle with, but we are all human. There is nothing about you that makes you somehow 'worse' than another individual. I sincerely doubt that if you knew somebody with your exact same circumstances, that you would think that person unworthy of love.

There's an exercise @Tanktimus the Encourager has recommended to various Rangers (including myself :) ) that i think  you could benefit from? You take a journal, and every day you'd write something along the line of, "I'm Salinger (or Liz, just, your name), I'm a good person" and then, i think it's statements about yourself that you're working to make True, such as "I go to the gym" or "I drink enough water", or things that you like about yourself. You could put that you're kind, that you never give up, that you are loved and that you deserve to be loved. Use it as an affirmation and go on to journal whatever you want/need to for the day.

Even while you might not believe it, you're still already worthy of love and life and happiness. Being able to see as much for yourself will just make the road a little clearer.

( not to be silly but hey maybe your theme should be l'oreal? doing all your goals,,, BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT ;):lol: 

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

9 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

Okay so maybe you didn't do exactly what your goals were, but i still think this was a pretty successful challenge for you. Starting at the gym, and especially hiring a trainer, is a big thing. Maybe you didn't track food five days a week, but you did discuss nutrition with your trainer and learned that you need to eat more, so now you have extra knowledge to use to help you with your meals throughout the day. And we've all seen that you make some great meals. Venice as you said was a success...you've done a Lot of good stuff, set yourself up for good progress :D

Thank you Mia!!!!! x

9 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

This isn't like a demand or "You HAVE to do it THIS WAY" or anything like that but my suggestion would be

1. What's kind of the main thing you'd like to work on for the next four weeks? Something like, do you want to improve your self-image? Treat yourself more kindly? Work on your notion of self-worth? Build Strength and Resilience? Something Else?
2. Alright, what are the things you need to do most to further that goal? Take your meds each day, gym, keeping on top of your food, mindfulness stuff like journaling or affirmations or meditating? You've got your goals ^_^
3. What's a Book/Movie/TV Show/Media or really anything that you're super into or find inspiring? Can you tie elements from that 'Killing Eve' you mentioned to your goals? What about some of your favorite songs or some such?

Really good advice! I cant use Killing Eve YET because if i search for gifs/photos, then season 2 will be spoiled for me! (need to watch the rest of it ASAP!!) but defo for the challenge AFTER :D 

Ill have a think, perhaps Twin Peaks!!

10 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

Remember please slap me with a fish if you feel like "nooo youre so pushy miau oh my god shut up" but, the way i see it the whole concept of anyone being "out of someone's league" is flawed because it runs on the notion that people aren't all equal. People might express themselves differently and live in different circumstances but nobody is inherently 'better' than someone else. You're not a bad person, Sal. Everybody has things they struggle with, but we are all human. There is nothing about you that makes you somehow 'worse' than another individual. I sincerely doubt that if you knew somebody with your exact same circumstances, that you would think that person unworthy of love.

There's an exercise @Tanktimus the Encourager has recommended to various Rangers (including myself :) ) that i think  you could benefit from? You take a journal, and every day you'd write something along the line of, "I'm Salinger (or Liz, just, your name), I'm a good person" and then, i think it's statements about yourself that you're working to make True, such as "I go to the gym" or "I drink enough water", or things that you like about yourself. You could put that you're kind, that you never give up, that you are loved and that you deserve to be loved. Use it as an affirmation and go on to journal whatever you want/need to for the day.

Even while you might not believe it, you're still already worthy of love and life and happiness. Being able to see as much for yourself will just make the road a little clearer.

( not to be silly but hey maybe your theme should be l'oreal? doing all your goals,,, BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT ;):lol: 

Course you arent pushy, you give me so much support thank you. Thanks so much for your kind words :)  and you made me laugh with your last bit heheeh L'oreal :D xx

• Like 1
On 6/21/2019 at 9:20 AM, Salinger said:

Hey guys, its 2.15pm. Man, im SWEATING. Just mowed the lawn, its kinda big garden plus the mower is heavy. AND the sun is shining. So im hot and sweaty, bit of a workout!! 

Hey, free workout!!

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey, it just gone 5pm. 

Just saw its the last day of the challenge!? Wow... lets see how it went. 

• Food must now be tracked five days a week. (weekend off) - nope.
  • CLEAN, wholesome food to be eaten. - Yes done much better this challenge with food. 
  • NO TAKEOUTS for the whole challenge. - FAILED
  • Drink 2ltr of water per day. - Most days ive done ok
  • Go to the gym 3 days a week (Mon/Weds/Fri if possible) - Started going but still, this is classed as a fail 
  • Go on a hike. - FAIL

hahhhaah not done very well. But i HAVE done some good stuff. Venice was a success, I cleaned my room, i got a PT at the gym, food has been decent. Self care has been up and down. 

Oh also, im OBSESSED with Billie Eilish. Anyone listened to her album? Its bloody brilliant. Every song! cant believe she is 17, she is BAD ass. 

See ya xx

Like Miau said on her post, just because you had some stumbles along the way and didn't hit your specific goals, you still did a lot! Taking the big steps that you did, like going to Venice, cleaning your room (love your comforter btw!), getting a PT, going to therapy, and even being brave enough to come out to us here are all huge deals. You're kicking butt, even if you didn't hit the goals you originally set out to do. And about the girl you're talking to? You never know until you try!

6 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Miau, you are so wise. I love these suggestions. I may borrow this for my next challenge too. as I'm also struggling to figure out a theme haha ;) 

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

3 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

Hey, free workout!!

Like Miau said on her post, just because you had some stumbles along the way and didn't hit your specific goals, you still did a lot! Taking the big steps that you did, like going to Venice, cleaning your room (love your comforter btw!), getting a PT, going to therapy, and even being brave enough to come out to us here are all huge deals. You're kicking butt, even if you didn't hit the goals you originally set out to do. And about the girl you're talking to? You never know until you try!

Thanks Nic. :)

Made me feel better!

Here is my new challenge....