• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rinna

Rinna gives up........something.

keep-calm-and-dont-eat-sweets.png

Hello, my name is Rinna, and  I am a sugaraholic.  I have a sugar addiction.  I am going to *try* to give up sweets, and soda for this challenge.  Last time I gave up sweets, I was on Atkins, and had a breakdown (imagine a 40-some-odd-old woman in tears on the kitchen floor) over it.  So, lets see what happens this time.  My goal is to avoid: cookies, cake, pie, candy, soda.  Obvious bad food choices.  I am including no calorie sodas.  I am not including sugar free drinks like crystal light, or splenda in my coffee, fruits, or my coffee creamer (it has some sugar).

Added to this:  activity.  I want to alternate yoga and NF BBW workouts with walking.  I'm aiming for 4 days a week.  5 would be best, and bonus points if I get 5 in.  Ideally I'd like this schedule:

M:  Yoga, walk

T: BBW, walk

W: Yoga, walk

Th: BBW, walk

F: Yoga, walk

It should be easier, since school will be out this Friday.  Which means I'll be done subbing in the kitchen at school until the fall.  And lawdy, I need to be done.  I've discovered that my sciatica/hip issues (which translates into knee pain) are caused by being on my feet all day (well, 4-5 hours a shift, almost constant movement).  And it's been difficult working with psychobitch.  For the most part she's been behaving, but often has an "aura" of ....... bitchy.  And I, an empath, am hugely sensitive to other people's.........moods?  So that's on me, but it's not like I can....not.  So, for the next 4 days, I need to suck it up buttercup, cram in my buds, and ignore her to the best of my ability.

I also want to return to IF.  While I didn't see any big results, I also didn't stick with it for long.  I want to see what happens when I put more effort into exercise along with the caloric deficit.  The only off limit foods are the ones listed above. 

Maybe I should include frappe's and smoothie's from McDonald's.  Okay, they're included.  I will allow 1 cheat only.  Our annual Ladies Tea is in 2 weeks.  And I'm having scones.  Toffee scones, to be exact. (I'm making them, and they're so yummy.)

20 points/week.  Reward: Feeling better and being healthier.

Bazinga.  

• Like 6

*shakes pompoms* you got it rinna! i feel you (no pun intended) on picking up other people's negative emotions! It can be so hard to tune out DX but you can do it! Best wishes for your low/no sugar questing!

Oh my gosh, sugar is such a hard thing to give up (but so worth it!!!).  As a recovering (recovered?) sugarholic I can honestly say that once you stop eating the stuff, and get over the withdrawal, it kinda becomes easy (I hardly ever eat sweet stuff these days).  It’s getting to that point that’s the hard part. 

Here to cheer you on through the sugar cravings. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

That post made me laugh!! But NOT GOOD that it is snowing :( how?! xx

Springtime in the Rocky Mountains.  I think I mentioned somewhere (maybe) that it stops snowing in June.  If we’re lucky. ;)   We wound up with 10 inches on the ground, more on the decks.  No school, which was nice, but jacked up the school finals schedule......roads got cleared in time to pick up @Shadri from the airport.  She’s home for 4 days, and I’m working 3 of them.  :( 

Today my mini boss & friend decided it would be a good idea to have a monster energy drink + a 5 hour energy shot.  Result was snitty, bitchy emotional paranoia.  Yelling, and threats (on my part) to leave & not return ensued.  [After 2 bad managers & 1 psychobitch......I refuse to put up with bs. It’s not worth the emotional upheaval, or the crappy pay. ]  Then tears (hers) and semi-sane discussion happened with apologies (on both sides.  I may have yelled at her to stop busting my balls) and I think we’re good now.  The huge intake of caffeine really jacked her up.  She said she could see that she was being weird, but was unable to stop.  Anywho, very strange day.

On a good note, I’ve managed 3 days without soda or sweets.  And there were cookies.  I didn’t succumb.  Woo hoo!

• Like 4

And I might add, normally days like today would “drive” me to the cookies, candy & soda.  Or, to the booze.

• Like 2

Woohoo! That sounds like a really tough day. Congrats on not giving in to the sugar monster. Hopefully, you can do something relaxing this evening

7 hours ago, Rinna said:

Springtime in the Rocky Mountains.  I think I mentioned somewhere (maybe) that it stops snowing in June.  If we’re lucky. ;)   We wound up with 10 inches on the ground, more on the decks.  No school, which was nice, but jacked up the school finals schedule......roads got cleared in time to pick up @Shadri from the airport.  She’s home for 4 days, and I’m working 3 of them.  :( 

Geez!  You said you got snow and I assumed it was like one of those days when it tries to rain but ends up as wet slushy snow that melts by the next day.  10” is nuts!!!!

7 hours ago, Rinna said:

Today my mini boss & friend decided it would be a good idea to have a monster energy drink + a 5 hour energy shot.  Result was snitty, bitchy emotional paranoia.

Snd that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don’t touch energy drinks! :D  She probably felt like crap for the whole day too. 

7 hours ago, Rinna said:

On a good note, I’ve managed 3 days without soda or sweets.  And there were cookies.  I didn’t succumb.  Woo hoo!

Well done!  If you can survive all that without giving in to temptation then you can do anything!  (I think the snow alone would have sent me over the edge!) :D 

• Like 1

We’re doing.  Last week was.......difficult.  Super busy and stressful.  But school is done, work is done, so we’re  good.  

9 days, no soda, no sweets.  Yesterday being a holiday, I forgot about exercise.  Oops.  Today may not happen either, as storm clouds are rolling over the mountains as we speak.  May have to use the elliptihell.  Boo hiss.  I hate the hamster wheel......

I am down a pound, so yay, even tho I’m not sure why.  But I’ll take it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Salinger said:

9 days woooooooooo :D xx

Some harder than others, let me tell you. ;) 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:57 PM, darkfoxx said:

How's the Sugar Dragon Slaying going? 

Been going pretty well.  Had a moment the other day where I really wanted either a nutty bar or ice cream, but I didn’t!  I did slip and eat a biscotti Friday, I forgot to eat breakfast, and that was the only option where I was.  Today was my Ladies Tea (my church has one every year) and my designated cheat day.  So I got to have scones, cream tart, lavender shortbread, raspberry merengues.......yummy stuff.  And I didn’t over do it, amazingly.  I saved my cream tart for later today......they are sinfully good.

I *hope* to get back to walking tomorrow.  

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 12:59 AM, Rinna said:

my designated cheat day.  So I got to have scones, cream tart, lavender shortbread, raspberry merengues.......yummy stuff.  And I didn’t over do it, amazingly.  I saved my cream tart for later today......they are sinfully good.

I *hope* to get back to walking tomorrow.  

I hope this didn't turn into an extended cheat day... You were on such a roll. But even if it did, don't matter, streaks have to start somewhere, so might as well be now...

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I hope this didn't turn into an extended cheat day... You were on such a roll. But even if it did, don't matter, streaks have to start somewhere, so might as well be now...

I had my day.  Been doing pretty well on the sugar front.  I did succumb to Dippin Dots at the theme park the other day.  But who can resist ice cream that is so cold it sticks to your lips?  :P Since May 20, I have had no soda, one designated cheat day, and one ice cream.  For me?  This is phenomenal.  I have a sweet tooth you wouldn’t believe.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

I had my day.  Been doing pretty well on the sugar front.  I did succumb to Dippin Dots at the theme park the other day.  But who can resist ice cream that is so cold it sticks to your lips?  :P Since May 20, I have had no soda, one designated cheat day, and one ice cream.  For me?  This is phenomenal.  I have a sweet tooth you wouldn’t believe.  

yeah no i don't blame you one bit for those dots! i hope they were yummy :D  good for you, Rinna, you're doing amazing!