Gotta Catch 'Em All/12 Week Challenge-May 27-August 17

This is a fun way for those of us who are interested in doing a long term challenge. We will set goals that last for twelve weeks, keep each other accountable, and encourage one another. This first week is to think through your goals, and  to have a practice run if you want. The official start date is May 27th.

yokohamapark.jpg

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

For this 12 Week Challenge your goal will be to see how many Pokémon you can collect. You will earn points each week. The more points you earn , the more Pokémon you will find.

Here is the set Up:

You can have one or more goals. Each goal is counted on it's own. So for example you could earn 100 points for goal 1 and 50 for goal 2. In the spreadsheet, record each goal

Before the challenge; Write out your goal. Think through the plan to get you  from where you are now to where you want to be 12 weeks from now. How are you going to get there? What is a good, sustainable plan, that you can do weekly that will help you be where you want in 12 weeks?

During the challenge:

Each week check in: 

How was your progress last week?

What went well? What could you improve?

What tasks do you need to accomplish in the upcoming week to win the week?

Each week you will evaluate whether you finished at least 80% of what you said would be a winning week. 80% or more completion earns you points

Other notes:

There are points awarded for improving. If you struggled last week , but improve this week, you get points. This is to help us with the long term mindset. Long term mindset means that if one week (or two) doesn't go as planned, that's fine, as long as we get back to it, we can still accomplish a bunch.

Points are also awarded as long as you complete 80% or more.of your weekly goal.  You may wonder why not say 100%. For me, it is part of the long term mindset. If my goal is 100% for the week, and something happens, and I know I won't complete, I'm likely to just give up. But, mentally, if I give myself the option of not having to be perfect, I will try.. I'm trying to combat the all- or nothing dragon.

@TGP- thanks to TGP he is going to set up a spreadsheet for us. Once that is up, you can sign in, and record your goals

Before Challenge-Write out goals  = 6pts

Check in- progress last week and what you need to accomplish in the upcoming week to win= 4 pts

80% or more  of your weekly goal completed = 8 pts

Improvement over last week (if your score last week was below  80%) = 2 pts

6 points- Pikachu

18- Nidoran

30- Oddish

42- Abra

60 Rapidash

72- Jolteon

92- Raichu

106- Arcanine

120 Charizard

132 Venosaur

144 Dragonite

160 Moltrew

I think @annyshay @Defining @"BOT" - BackOnTrack said you guys were interested. 

spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Y0J4pDEzeYle8Uw-_fNW4hMjChE_27AI0_JkGBL1wA/edit#gid=0

I think that's it. Is there something I'm forgetting. Anything that isn't clear?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hello Everyone!

yep, I'm working on the spreadsheets as we speak.   A big TY for Elastigirl for defining this!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1OBwgD7HQFWekobTLcZj

I hope yall have some great goals in mind.  from my personal experience (last time)- it is Def better to have ONE goal that passionately drives you than to try to much.

Or in the lingo of the challenge ; don't go Chasing TOO MANY of these pokemon least you don't get Any!  they are clearly pretty tricky to win!!!

anyways, Good luck OR

d84c7hk-aab25c16-a8dd-4d31-8c35-fc60ce03

which I guess means, "do you Best!"

the SPREADSHEET IS live HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Y0J4pDEzeYle8Uw-_fNW4hMjChE_27AI0_JkGBL1wA/edit?usp=sharing

I will continue to work on defining each week.

for now feel free to sign in and work on defining your goals...

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

I wasn't going to participate in this round, because I'm kind of focusing on several 'intangibles' in my life right now. But eff that, it's just as important to stick with the physical stuff too! I'm leveling up some of my goals from last time (I want to stretch myself a bit more this time around), and shuffling priorities a bit. Work is always busier during the summer so I need to remain mindful about what I can realistically commit to.

1652859902_giphy(2).gif.7f3d422b0e74b33e9095bbbc3fd34a3c.gif

G1: Add strength & muscle

Must do physio every day, must do a minimum 30min workout 5x a week = goal is for intentional exercise nearly every day, ideally >150min/week [counts/week: 12]

G2: Lose fat & maintain energy

Must drink at least 1.5L of H20 every day & must consume a minimum of 160g of protein:5 veg:2 fruit every day + have at least 2x low kcal days/week (5:2) = goal is to fuel my health, choose things that make me more functional - not less [counts/week: 9]

G3: Sort out my shit

Spend 15hrs/week tidying/decluttering/cleaning = goal is to tame my environment, in order to reduce anxiety and organise my life a bit better [counts/week: 15]

G4: Move forward

Walk at least 80km/week, 20km of which must be with a weighted vest = goal is to maintain & increase my NEPA, improve my endurance [counts/week: 10] (also to make my ridiculous amount of time spent reading a bit more productive)

Bonus G5: Finish something

Get my head out of my ass and start posting videos and social media content for myself. Would also like to finish up a few skills upgrades I've been doing for work.

Gotta stay ahead to get ahead!

1691465141_giphy(3).gif.5d68a042e33dff52d8cb80118a87d10b.gif

• Like 2

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

My big goal is the decluttering MariKondo  style

I would like to finish  the garage declutter (it's at about 90% done now)

Under the stairs declutter

downstairs bathroom declutter

craft dresser declutter

guest bedroom declutter

My other goal is more vague; Do something creative each week, even if it is only a small project. Ideas are; plant flowers, flowers arranging in bouquet, scrapbook, jewelry work, new recipe, fermenting, house decorating

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Week One is here!

What are everyone's goals for this week? 

For me to win this week

We finished the garage!!! This week I plan on starting on or craft dresser. This week's goal

Top of dresser

First drawer

Creativity

Do something creative for 10 minutes- not sure what yet

darn it

can't get to google docs while on my work trip.  these computers. so. very . paranoid. about identity.

I guess I understand

but it makes it difficult when you're NOT at the home PC.

anyways.  Just out of curiousity, did you have problem signing up?  I WILL get this spreadsheet right by  Next Monday.

so make your goals, write them down and by Next week you can all tell us how the 1st week went. (and properly record it on the spreadsheet).

for myself I think I'll have very Modest goals while on this work trip.  work trips always mess up my routine so much!  up by 7am each day and bed by midnight.

21 hours ago, TGP said:

darn it

can't get to google docs while on my work trip.  these computers. so. very . paranoid. about identity.

I guess I understand

but it makes it difficult when you're NOT at the home PC.

anyways.  Just out of curiousity, did you have problem signing up?  I WILL get this spreadsheet right by  Next Monday.

so make your goals, write them down and by Next week you can all tell us how the 1st week went. (and properly record it on the spreadsheet).

for myself I think I'll have very Modest goals while on this work trip.  work trips always mess up my routine so much!  up by 7am each day and bed by midnight.

Yes, I couldn't sign up. It said view only, and wouldn't let me enter anything. I thought maybe  you had set that up while you were working on it. 

When you have a chance and you are at home, you can fix it , and we can just post our scores so far

Belated Week 1 Goals:

Get systems set up/improved for G1-G4&BG5; stay consistent despite extra work load for the next couple of weeks. I think I've scored a solid 8hrs this evening that I can put towards decluttering though, which will be good. Set up the new weights I just got for easier swapping between exercises. Slow & steady, yeah? I don't anticipate hitting 80% on anything this week, but that's ok - I have to give myself permission to have off weeks sometimes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defining said:

nticipate hitting 80% on anything this week, but that's ok - I have to give myself permission to have off weeks sometimes

Exactly!

Well, I ended up cleaning out the entire craft dresser. I underestimated how long that would take. I do have one whole drawer full of pictures, so I want to start working on that. And I kept some stuff I may or may not use. But, I got rid of a lot of stuff and organized things. Now I can see what I have. If I don't use some of the things, then next year I will throw them away.

I wanna try this again! I'm kinda busy right now (well ok not really, but by my standards haha) so just one simple goal, which is to make ONE thing. I've been toying with ideas for clothes that fulfil all my needs (comfy, pockets, stretch proof, upside down proof, yet pass for office wear...) for a long time, I'd like to see if I can't make at least one thing happen over the next few months. 

Since I'm late my goal for this week is to go through my fabric drawer and see if there's anything I can use either for the final thing (unlikely) or at least something to draft a pattern on.

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I wanna try this again! I'm kinda busy right now (well ok not really, but by my standards haha) so just one simple goal, which is to make ONE thing. I've been toying with ideas for clothes that fulfil all my needs (comfy, pockets, stretch proof, upside down proof, yet pass for office wear...) for a long time, I'd like to see if I can't make at least one thing happen over the next few months. 

Since I'm late my goal for this week is to go through my fabric drawer and see if there's anything I can use either for the final thing (unlikely) or at least something to draft a pattern on.

What a fun idea!

Declutter goal: 200% Went way faster than I thought and ended up cleaning out entire dresser! Also hubby took junk from garage to dump so that is 100% clean

Creative: 10 minutes; Well the downside of making a small goal is you feel more lame when you don't do it. 0% I was going to say I didn't have time, but 10 minutes.. 

This week:

Declutter 

2 actions

Take out everything from our under the stair storage

We have toys that we keep for kids to ply with (leftover from son) but way too many. Fit it into 1 box.

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Ok I'm very sorry for the delay.

PLEASE check

does

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Y0J4pDEzeYle8Uw-_fNW4hMjChE_27AI0_JkGBL1wA/edit?usp=sharing

THIS allow you to sign up and edit the spreadsheet?

@Defining and @Mad Hatter you should be able to sign in now

• Like 1

Thanks Elastigirl. I forgot to even check in this week. Blargh, life is crazy right now. 

Week 1 results were:

G1: All physio, only two workouts

G2: All intake goals met, actually had 3 low kcal days due to work

G3: Did do any of the tidying I wanted to

G4: Only hit 60km (20km of which were weighted) - work is a bitch

BG5: Didn't even look at it

Week 2 goals were still to get back on the horse.....So, that's. Um. Mostly not great. I will check in again later.

EDIT: How does the new spreadsheet work? Are we calculating our points manually? Entering them differently?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defining said:

Thanks Elastigirl. I forgot to even check in this week. Blargh, life is crazy right now. 

Week 1 results were:

G1: All physio, only two workouts

G2: All intake goals met, actually had 3 low kcal days due to work

G3: Did do any of the tidying I wanted to

G4: Only hit 60km (20km of which were weighted) - work is a bitch

BG5: Didn't even look at it

Week 2 goals were still to get back on the horse.....So, that's. Um. Mostly not great. I will check in again later.

EDIT: How does the new spreadsheet work? Are we calculating our points manually? Entering them differently?

just track the number of tasks you want to do week by week

"points' will be be calculated from that

pretty much the same way as the last challenge.

My goals for last week were to

pull all items out o under the stairs storage-done

get rid of toys from guest room- not done- I listed this because I wasn't sure how many of the storage items I could decide on my own. but there was a whole box of mainly my stuff so I did that- 

This week:
Go through and see what Christmas lights are working/ decide on how many to keep

get through one other Holiday box

Jumping in LATE, but I am here. 

G1 through 5- Clean ENTIRE house for party this weekend. 

Breakdown- Guest room, LR, Kitchen, Patios, Dining, Outside area, Mow, Bathrooms

G6 through 7- Paint corner, paint baseboard, Nail board on deck.

G8 - List of things on menu for party: Poppers, ribs, ck, pork butts (3), still need dogs, brats, burger meat, bread, soda, cups, plates. jello shots? maybe hmmm

Stay under 30 carbs until party day. :)

2 hours ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

Jumping in LATE, but I am here. 

G1 through 5- Clean ENTIRE house for party this weekend. 

Breakdown- Guest room, LR, Kitchen, Patios, Dining, Outside area, Mow, Bathrooms

G6 through 7- Paint corner, paint baseboard, Nail board on deck.

G8 - List of things on menu for party: Poppers, ribs, ck, pork butts (3), still need dogs, brats, burger meat, bread, soda, cups, plates. jello shots? maybe hmmm

Stay under 30 carbs until party day. :)

Party!! Sounds like it's going to be a good party

16 hours ago, Defining said:

Hey guys, I'm going to have to bow out of this one - life is kicking my ass, and I need to make sure that I'm not taking on extra stress by needing to formally track right now. Have fun!

Sorry life is tough right now. Hope it get's better

CHECKIN: 

Crushed my goals last week. I had motivation because so many people were coming over. 

...with the exception of the low carb thing, meh. 

Back at it this week! 

G1 - Walk with the teen 3 miles at least 4 days this week.  Today, day 1 down! yay. 

G2 - stick with new diet. Today, day 1 down! yay

G3 - clean up carport after party ...stil a mess!  freeze leftovers

G4 - stay off social media MOST of the day, simplify the house situation. 

G5 - plan the week for activities for new guest this week yayyyy. 

Wishing you well Defining!