• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miaulin

The Star-Spangled Miau With a Plan

Oh gosh, it sounds like your mom works with some pretty toxic people! That guy in particular is disgusting. I'd go Thor on his ass if I ever met him, for sure. Or Steve Rogers. Hope that your day got better after all of that upsetting stuff! *Offers hugs if you want them*

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Miaulin said:

yesterday in particular was kinda. rough. due in part to finding out from momsauce that her coworkers have some truly disgusting behavior. ( she informed me that one of them, a grown man who's married and has children, upon being shown a picture of another coworker's sixteen-year-old daughter, commented "I could do things to her", proceeded to invite the girl's mom to have a one-night stand with him, and then when she refused told her to let him  know when her daughter turns eighteen.

giphy.gif

THIS HUMAN DESERVES TO BE PUNCHED AND PUNCHED OFTEN BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW

GOSH DIDDLY I'M MAD AND UPSET AND I WASN'T EVEN THERE

I feel so bad for your mom - what an awful situation to feel like you can't speak up against such hideous, grossly wrong remarks without getting fired from your freaking job. What a horrible situation for her and for your family - and that poor, poor lady having to stand there and take that awfulness, not only directed at her, but at her daughter whom she loves!! I am so sorry for every woman involved in this situation!

Is it any good?

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is ............... very stressful.  :D  It starts out as a pretty classic spy show, but as the MCU progresses to aliens, to superpowers, to magic, and so on, the agents also progress to dealing with aliens, inhuman powers, demons, ancient magic, Nazis ... like, I have watched every episode because I am deeply, obsessively concerned about the lives of these soft and wholesome people who have been repeatedly hurt over and over and over and over throughout the course of this show. But I can't say whether I actually enjoy it. I'm not sure.

(Except as regards the intensely adorable Philip J. Coulson and the intensely marvelous Skye-who-turns-into-a-different-person-later-on, because they are the loves of my life and everything they do delights me, no matter how unhealthy or violent or misguided it may be.)

I mean, he's still a clown, but wow.

The characters in any medium that I love the most intensely are the ones whom I didn't care for much when I met them, but whose good character shines through little by little over the course of the book / movie / series. Peter Quill is just such a character. I didn't like him much at all when I saw the first movie, but all these movies later and I love him to pieces and am so proud of him for still holding it together even a little bit after all he's been through.

Uggggggh Grocery Store Men. There needs to be a bracelet or something that, when activated, could cause the wearer to just appear as a pixelated blur. or as the Winter Soldier. or as Thor. if the nasty boys are going to look they should at least get a terrible fright for their trouble.

I would pay every last cent of my money for a bracelet that instantly changed me from the smol chipmunk I am into the Winter Soldier when an old man made eyes at me.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 2:40 PM, Miaulin said:

that one and 'dreams' by the same band, fantastic. ^_^

got some amazing works!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

(Except as regards the intensely adorable Philip J. Coulson and the intensely marvelous Skye-who-turns-into-a-different-person-later-on, because they are the loves of my life and everything they do delights me, no matter how unhealthy or violent or misguided it may be.)

Oh  So adorable! Coulson is a delight to watch. I started Agents of Shield like meeh, whatever, it fits in the universe. And now I'm GIVE ME MOREEEgiphy.gif

• Like 2

HAPPENING:

• finally stopped being a jerk and actually replied to Threads and got in touch with Friends. Hooray!
  • did another dumb thing and uh...okay so i guess it was Thursday, i didn't eat until 1PM, and then...didn't...eat again...until nearly 7PM...on Friday...and then it was just....not quite a whole piece of celery...and some chips. and then today...didn't eat...until after 1PM. So. THAT wasn't smart.  but today (after feeling like an actual ghost, a very sick, floppy ghost, until 1PM or so) i had part of a salad and, later on, a clif bar, some almonds and, later later later, some ice cream. so better. catching up on the caloric intake. *thumbs up*
  • got groceries! kale! lettuce! some fruits for smoothies-making! (strawberries and some peaches!) uhhh yogurt, veggies. all good stuff. (yay)
  • we watched Ant Man and for some reason...i...love it. i really do. Mostly i love Cassie and would be honored to be her mother, if that isn't weird. I'm normally unaffected by small children but. i love her :')
  • we also rented how to train your dragon three so doubtless tomorrow, when we watch it, will be Cryin Time :)
  • otherwise....i think that's all? It was a Good Good Saturday, i think, very peaceful for a Grocery Day. I feel pretty good ^_^
On 6/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, NicTheRugger said:

Oh gosh, it sounds like your mom works with some pretty toxic people! That guy in particular is disgusting. I'd go Thor on his ass if I ever met him, for sure. Or Steve Rogers. Hope that your day got better after all of that upsetting stuff! *Offers hugs if you want them*

Somehow every job she's gotten in the past seven years, the co-workers have been a bit strange, but this one definitely takes the cake in terms of the sheer outlandishness of it. *hugs in return* thank you for your encouragement!

On 6/6/2019 at 11:05 PM, SkyGirl said:

THIS HUMAN DESERVES TO BE PUNCHED AND PUNCHED OFTEN BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW

GOSH DIDDLY I'M MAD AND UPSET AND I WASN'T EVEN THERE

I feel so bad for your mom - what an awful situation to feel like you can't speak up against such hideous, grossly wrong remarks without getting fired from your freaking job. What a horrible situation for her and for your family - and that poor, poor lady having to stand there and take that awfulness, not only directed at her, but at her daughter whom she loves!! I am so sorry for every woman involved in this situation!

RIGHT? And poor Momsauce actually has to be around that every day, all day....fortunately she rotates departments every couple of weeks, so as of Monday she'll have a little reprieve from all the nastiness. I don't know if anything will come of it yet but, mom did say she's thinking of writing up an anonymous letter to the uppermost higher-ups just to let them know how bad the talk gets around there. Fingers crossed it'll do some good!

On 6/6/2019 at 11:05 PM, SkyGirl said:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is ............... very stressful.  :D  It starts out as a pretty classic spy show, but as the MCU progresses to aliens, to superpowers, to magic, and so on, the agents also progress to dealing with aliens, inhuman powers, demons, ancient magic, Nazis ... like, I have watched every episode because I am deeply, obsessively concerned about the lives of these soft and wholesome people who have been repeatedly hurt over and over and over and over throughout the course of this show. But I can't say whether I actually enjoy it. I'm not sure.

Ehehe oh dear, it sounds wild :lol: Gotta love those stressful shows! I did like Coulson a lot in The Avengers so i might rent it just to see what's going on with him!

Edit: ooh right right also, last night, nightmares. Had a dream that momsauce and broski had died, so it was just me and grandad. I heard a Bad Sound and, upon going to investigate, saw three huge wolves in the yard. Worried that they would go after the outside cats, i opened the door to try to scare them away, but they kept coming toward the door until i eventually had to close it again, but not before i caught a glimpse, some distance away, that they had already killed at least one of the outside cats. :( it was at that point i was woken up by quite possibly the loudest thunder i have ever heard in my life. it was odd, really, because it did take a minute to realize it was a dream so just for a moment i kind of had that numb loss sensation as if all the cats and all but one of my family really were gone. it took a bit to shake that off and go back to sleep.

then i had a dream in which i was railing against the evils of child beauty pageants.

and another in which somebody posted the entirety of Spider-Man: Far From Home on youtube, and i was trying to decide whether to watch it despite already having plans (in waking life no less!) to go see it on the fifth of July (for my brother's birthday!) ...i did wind up watching some of it in the dream and all i know is that it was definitely not Far From Home :lol:

Spoiler

Uncle Ben was alive, which was confusing in its own way, but it seemed like "Oh, okay, so we do have to go through the whole Uncle Ben dying thing in this version after all, because we haven't suffered enough". So, Peter was getting ready to go to England, and of course Uncle Ben was like "Have a good time!" but at some point before Peter could leave, he and Uncle Ben wound up out of the house after dark. Aunt May was at home, cooking dinner, and it kept cutting between what she was doing and what Pete and Ben were doing, and Pete and Ben ran into a gunman. It looked like a lead-up to Uncle Ben dying buuuuuut

cut to May taking some rice out of the microwave, when Pete and Ben got back, unharmed save for Peter being in full Spider-Man costume and a little roughed-up, May was so shocked (and relieved) that she dropped the bowl of rice. There was a lot of hugging involved and sort of "omg you've been spider-man this whole time" and then in the background i noticed there was the package the rice came out of. An "Uncle Ben's Ready Rice" package.

with the revelation that "Oh. So I guess they didn't break the Uncle Ben Dies rule after all. huh." i woke up. i wish i was embellishing this.

and woke up feeling horrrrriiiiiible and wibbly-shaky gross bad. got hungry but stomach was like "no. absolutely not. no eating. uh uh" so, even when i got the salad, i couldn't eat all of it (eating half was challenging) but then a few hours later i actually got Really Very Hungry out of nowhere and was able to eat a whole Clif Bar and half a pack of almonds, and of course then some ice cream later. And generally just felt progressively better as today went on. I'm ready to be back on track Monday ^_^

• Like 2

not to completely ruin a plan by speaking of it buuuuuuut i was talking to momsauce and we decided that even though the city where these things are is a bit further away than we usually travel, next year for my birthday we can go to the big city to visit one of the indoor climbing places! And i can take their beginner's climbing/belay class + climb all the things! Which means as of now i have a little over a year to build up some strength, flexibility, and endurance. Even more motivation to do my walking/exercising and stuff, yay!

i've done wall-climbing like...twice in my life, once sometime around 2002 or 2003 (as a small child) and once at a camp when i was about...oof 16? 17? i loved it to bits both times but it's been ages and i'm so so so so So SO so so excited to do it again even if the nearest place (that doesn't have an age limit of 12)  is 111 miles away :lol: so i mean that's something to look forward to!

also when trying to sleep last night i couldn't for the longest and am pretty sure i spent some time in an alternate dimension where everything made sense and it was the weirdest, plan-everything upswing. to kill time and try to make myself fall asleep i practiced ASL (fingerspelling the names of every MCU character i could think of, and all my cats :P  ) chattered incessantly at the Lord, and finally tried counting to a thousand. made to three-hundred-something before everything got super duper confusing and then i guess i fell asleep because then i woke up.

• Like 2

we watched hidden world and contrary to all expectations instead of crying i spent most of it very nearly breaking my own jaw trying not to squeal in delight.

Hiccup, man.

• Like 1

Oh gosh, those nightmares sound upsetting! I hope you have better dreams tonight! And gosh, I totally get the overactive brain before going to bed thing. Something that has a decent chance of success for me is either listening to calming sounds (my go to is the sound of a windy desert and a campfire crackling for some reason) or forcing my brain to focus on a story of some kind.

• Like 2

My go to is rain on a tent or the waves. I also meditate to these sounds .... (when I get round to it) 

hope all is good Mia xx

• Like 1

Happening:

Not been doing a good job at all really : ) Pretty much crashed and burned on Monday and Tuesday, just, objectively, epic fail. Old bad habits came knocking to remind me i'm not immune. So that kicked off a lovely round of self-loathing. (still not quite shaken that yet, i thought i was past this particular thing so starting over the habit-kicking from scratch isn't very fun) Um...food, been having a hard time working up willingness to actually eat, but have had good meals yesterday and today. 

Another nightmare last night, actually woke me up. There was a group that wanted to punish the POV person for something, and that was a ghastly and rather graphic scene that involved seeing way more skeleton than i'd particularly like to, and then after...whatever that was...was over with, the person was offered to join the group if they completed this list, something like twenty-four items, of unsettling nature. I don't know exactly what they were but some sounded like fairly painful procedures. It was implied that the person would be killed or something if they didn't do it, so they asked how long they had, and were told they could take a year to get it all done. So then they got in touch with another person and started making plans to just run away instead since they'd presumably have a year head start, but there was also an ongoing sense that they were being watched and would eventually be found anyway.

and yeah we watched HtTYD3 (i can admit the writing/storytelling isn't really anything special, but it was still enjoyable and, y'know, Dragons. And Hiccup and Astrid are genuinely just really pretty, and baby Hiccup was darling, and everything just looked really good) and then Civil War, which got me all emotional about Bucky all over again, even though i've been emotional about him for months now. :lol:

Ehm, today is going better! I've done some cleaning, went for a walk, did a workout, have had plenty of water, took my  vitamins...cooked yesterday, some chickpea patties (chickpeas + flax egg + tamari + ketchup + breadcrumbs + browned in skillet) and made a little salad-y stuff with chopped cucumber, tomato, and red onion mixed with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil plus ground black pepper, salt, and dill. It's nice! I need to start doing more proper kitchen-doings of that sort.

• Like 3

mmmm that salad sounds delicious ! 

Good job getting walks and workout in today! And meds and water :)

Sorry about the nightmares. Keep going Mia <3 xx

• Like 1

Wow, I need to try those chickpea patties!! They sound delicious!

I am SO SORRY about those nightmares - they sound simply hideous. I hope they take a chill pill and go away soon!!  <3 <3 <3 

• Like 1

Eep, fell down another little bit of a hole. Partly due to what's either allergies or some kind of weirdo summer cold. I think it's laying off now.

Not much going on. Weekend stuff. I guess tomorrow is Father's Day, so today i did a test-run on a cake(like dessert) for grandad. It's just my usual scrounge cake/blondie recipe, but i didn't have wowbutter and so was checking whether cashew butter works. It does :)  Momsauce and broski both liked it. If we can find any that's decent, we might pick up some chocolate tomorrow to either make a frosting or just use as chocolate chips for the next batch, but it's good like it is too.

My jobs prior to the 21st are to do some grocery planning, get back on my outdoor walking streak, and...figure out whatever else i should be doing. :P

• Like 4

so i kinda went and accidentally got my next challenge all drawn up and ready to go. <.< think i've picked out a theme to run with for the next half century.

and now i think momsauce and i are about to go for a walk ^_^

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Miaulin said:

so i kinda went and accidentally got my next challenge all drawn up and ready to go. <.< think i've picked out a theme to run with for the next half century.

and now i think momsauce and i are about to go for a walk ^_^

Excited to see x

so...this happened today:

64396444_343476839628284_25867562858064162981255_899353010412097_82188432972972064657906_426353118204401_882633694925081

( allowing myself to be photographed is kind of. different. :P )

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

amazing!!!!! xx

Thanks friendo! :D 

-------------------------------

here are the cookie bars/cakes/blondies/whatever-you-call-them i made for grandad!

64461944_380301435939992_442693660862054

64305088_841200366254978_416084748036944

the batches are pretty small, so i made two (but i didn't have another rectangle pan so, Round One it was!)

• Like 2

Father's Day turned out good! We (me, momsauce, broski, and grandad) ate some cookiecake and then played Uno together...five rounds :lol: broski was destroying everyone but then momsauce came out of nowhere and won. There was a lot of bickerbanter around the table and a good laugh, too. Afterward, momsauce went with me and broski on short walk, and then broski and i went for our 'long' walk (it's two miles altogether). It was already about sevenPM when we went out, so we got back basically right before dark! But iy's been a good day.

Even so i can feel a little of the sadness swirling, trying to creep on me. There are still some things to get done before bed, so that's a good distraction. I'm glad we had a fun time today ^_^Edit: ahhhh 'sadness feelings' have been identified as Fear Feelings. I'm scared of being disappointing and that i won't be able to prevent it, and that's trying to freeze me up but i mustn't let it.

Tomorrow will basically go ahead and start a new Challenge for me. More of the same really but i have more things written down and thought-through as far as stuff to work on.  Yay!

( and my shiny ongoing theme for the foreseeable future is, as this one would suggest a bit: Hero Protocols! )

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Miaulin said:

ahhhh 'sadness feelings' have been identified as Fear Feelings. I'm scared of being disappointing and that i won't be able to prevent it, and that's trying to freeze me up but i mustn't let it.

oh! Nice work identifying the true nature of the feelings. You can do it! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your blondies look delicious!!! And I agree with @jcmgm, way to go sitting with those feelings and figuring out what they were really trying to say! That's awesome!!

I'm super excited to hear what you're planning for your next challenge! You've got me curious!!  :D 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jcmgm said:

oh! Nice work identifying the true nature of the feelings. You can do it! :D

Thanks!

14 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Your blondies look delicious!!! And I agree with @jcmgm, way to go sitting with those feelings and figuring out what they were really trying to say! That's awesome!!

I'm super excited to hear what you're planning for your next challenge! You've got me curious!!  :D 

Oh, they were! Simple to make, allergy-friendly, and the whole family enjoyed them ^_^

My thoughts scattered a bit so i have a bit of reconfiguring and "wait what exactly was i planning?" to do, but i'm excited for it!

11 hours ago, Salinger said:

How you doing Mia? :) xx

Tripped up a bit but hanging in there :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6c039299523e87dc53a8639dc9ec2526.gif

the helicopter is my...emotional state? ability to focus? The Feelings are just being a little silly right now. All that "Nobody actually likes you, you're a bad person and a buffoon, eating is tedious and when you do eat, you get to feel bad about it, here are some negative thoughts about your body while we're at it, so on, so forth" bit of a blanket of sadness on me today...but i've been drinking plenty of water and did a little workout despite Not Wanting To, so that's a win. :) for the rest of the day i'm going to try to do some cleaning and then catch up on some reading...maybe with some Background Music.

• Like 3