• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miaulin

The Star-Spangled Miau With a Plan

2 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Tripped up a bit but hanging in there :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6c039299523e87dc53a8639dc9ec2526.gif

the helicopter is my...emotional state? ability to focus? The Feelings are just being a little silly right now. All that "Nobody actually likes you, you're a bad person and a buffoon, eating is tedious and when you do eat, you get to feel bad about it, here are some negative thoughts about your body while we're at it, so on, so forth" bit of a blanket of sadness on me today...but i've been drinking plenty of water and did a little workout despite Not Wanting To, so that's a win. :) for the rest of the day i'm going to try to do some cleaning and then catch up on some reading...maybe with some Background Music.

1. You did some working out, which is good.

2. You drank water, which is good.

3. You are doing some reading, which is also good.

4. You have yet to even do the Capt. America bicep flip, which is both awesome, and hilarious:

original.gif

I hope you keep feeling better!

• Like 4

I'm sorry today's been a rough day :( I hope things get better soon! Sending lots of love and support your way. If it makes you feel any better, Chris Evans tried really hard to have his shirt off in that scene, and the directors were like "Chris, there's no legitimate reason why that would even happen." Maybe it's not the funniest thing, but I got a good chuckle out of it when I read that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Those Blondies look good What was the recipe?

Thanks! There isn't much of a recipe, i'm afraid, it's something i put together mostly by accident and never bothered to measure everything.

• 1 1/2 cup or 2 cups of oats, depending on which scoop you grab
  • one scoop of vanilla protein powder (i've had success with Garden of Life and Vega)
  • touch of salt
  • bit of baking powder
  • blitz that in a food processor or blender cup until it's a fine powder. set aside.
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, or a little more or a little less, goes in a bowl.
  • add enough oil (i've used olive) that when stirred together, all the sugar is dark and it's a little wet
  • add enough water that it's all a bit goopy when mixed.
  • mix for about a minute?
  • add the dry ingredients
  • and add a few scoops (maybe close to a quarter cup?) of your favorite nut butter. i've tried wowbutter and cashew butter, can't vouch for the runny kind.
  • mix!
  • add water if necessary - it should make more of a thickish batter than a dough.
  • add chocolate chips if you want!
  • oven goes at 350F
  • mix goes in a small-ish pan...mine is about 7x9 or so
  • bake...until it Looks Done and Does Not Slide When You Tilt The Pan. slightly underdone is better than slightly overdone.

19 hours ago, Moros said:

1. You did some working out, which is good.

2. You drank water, which is good.

3. You are doing some reading, which is also good.

4. You have yet to even do the Capt. America bicep flip, which is both awesome, and hilarious:

original.gif

I hope you keep feeling better!

You make excellent points Moros, thank you :D

14 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

I'm sorry today's been a rough day :( I hope things get better soon! Sending lots of love and support your way. If it makes you feel any better, Chris Evans tried really hard to have his shirt off in that scene, and the directors were like "Chris, there's no legitimate reason why that would even happen." Maybe it's not the funniest thing, but I got a good chuckle out of it when I read that. 

Thanks Nic! <3 That...actually did help :lol: here i've always wondered how Mr. Evans felt about one of the most gratuitous scenes in Marvel, and the whole time, he'd wanted it to be even more gratuitous? Bahaha that's amazing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

today is a little better! Last night there was an interesting exchange shortly after momsauce got home from work, in which she asked, "Are you okay?" and without thinking i replied "Not really", to which she asked, "Not today?" and i confirmed...and then today she said that Saturday is her rough estimate of when i'll be "me" again. I think the sad-spell is easing up ahead of schedule, in that case. ^_^ no real observations about the dialogue, it just kind of hit me in a curious way.

not eaten since around 9:30AM yesterday...it's 10:30AM now...no real desire to eat anything yet but i've put some strawberries in the fridge to thaw, so maybe those for a snack later, and i pre-cooked some rice to try making fried rice for dinner later. i have had some tea this morning, and suppose it's about time for water and some exercise. Thanks all for the support, by the way! <3 <3 i love my Ranger family :)

• Like 5

I love your recipe. It sounds like how I cook. People ask for recipes, and it's always so hard, because I rarely do it exactly.:biggrin-new: 

And your body needs food, go eat something . Sometimes your stomach may not feel hungry, but being tired, or sad is your bodies way of saying it needs more fuel

• Like 4

On 6/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, Elastigirl said:

I love your recipe. It sounds like how I cook. People ask for recipes, and it's always so hard, because I rarely do it exactly.:biggrin-new: 

And your body needs food, go eat something . Sometimes your stomach may not feel hungry, but being tired, or sad is your bodies way of saying it needs more fuel

Thank you! I don't know how all the bloggers do it, with actually providing all the measurements and cook-times and everything :lol: for me it's just "throw these ingredients at each other and hope for the best"

Just a little while after seeing your comment, i made some lunch :) Various family members have been  saying that almost word-for-word for years, you'd think it'd stick at some point. :P

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Have you eaten Mia? xxx

Not yet today <.< But i will!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Please do, worry about you ! xx

I had some pasta and broccoli ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow evening is Grocery Night, though most of it will probably be on Saturday. So it might  be a job to eat during the day tomorrow. Broski and Grandad might be away, fishing, and if that's the case and all things permit, i think i'll do a bath. Haven't used a bathbomb in a while..they might be in danger of going stale if i keep hoarding them :lol: i realize the whole Not Eating thing isn't very Ranger-y of me so, after Grocery Day, i'll prep some things to have Ready To Go. That doesn't always help when i'm in such an anti-eating mood (it's less not being hungry and more just...having zero willingness to eat? for no real reason?) but it'll at least give me the option.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Miaulin said:

I had some pasta and broccoli ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow evening is Grocery Night, though most of it will probably be on Saturday. So it might  be a job to eat during the day tomorrow. Broski and Grandad might be away, fishing, and if that's the case and all things permit, i think i'll do a bath. Haven't used a bathbomb in a while..they might be in danger of going stale if i keep hoarding them :lol: i realize the whole Not Eating thing isn't very Ranger-y of me so, after Grocery Day, i'll prep some things to have Ready To Go. That doesn't always help when i'm in such an anti-eating mood (it's less not being hungry and more just...having zero willingness to eat? for no real reason?) but it'll at least give me the option.

Brill, well done, proud!!!!

Enjoy the bath :) xx

• Like 1

Heyoo, didn't feel like i'd wind up eating during the day after all, or having that nice bath,or doing much of anything really...but i put on some water for tea and thought while it was heating up i might as well tidy the bedroom a bit, which turned into washing the bedstuff, which turned into well now i have clean bedding i might as well bath, and now a little while after the bath i've made a peppers/onions/hummus roll-up to eat ^_^ ( i also drank my tea at some point, just to clarify it wasn't on boil that entire time :lol: )

it's a nice quiet Friday, so i've had Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, on for some background noise :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Heyoo, didn't feel like i'd wind up eating during the day after all, or having that nice bath,or doing much of anything really...but i put on some water for tea and thought while it was heating up i might as well tidy the bedroom a bit, which turned into washing the bedstuff, which turned into well now i have clean bedding i might as well bath, and now a little while after the bath i've made a peppers/onions/hummus roll-up to eat ^_^ ( i also drank my tea at some point, just to clarify it wasn't on boil that entire time :lol: )

it's a nice quiet Friday, so i've had Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, on for some background noise :D

Good good good for you!!! That's just the thing, to start out doing something small and then see if you feel like doing one other small thing. Sometimes you don't, but even in those cases, at least you've done one small thing, which is better than no small things. And sometimes you do find the energy for one or two or three other small things too!  <3  <3  <3 

On 6/20/2019 at 5:40 PM, Miaulin said:

the whole Not Eating thing isn't very Ranger-y of me

Just to clarify, the only thing you have to do to be Rangery is to have the beautiful green bow and arrow under your name.  :)  You are one of the most Rangerly among us and I'm proud of you even when you muster just one or no small things in a day.

• Like 1

Today started off with nerves being pretty unkind. Woke up doubting whether my little goals actually belong here on the forums, feeling a bit like an irritating tag-along and just kind of. Not happy. Persisted throughout Secondary Grocery Gathering. Still feeling anxious but not so horrible now. Honestly still feeling much less confident about the next challenge, like "yeah my stuff is incredibly silly and now i feel foolish for being excited about it"  but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i had to watch cat videos to get through the morning and near about cried anyway :lol: this bout's been a bit difficult to breathe through.

grocery-getting went pretty well? i feel guilty about my part of it. got some good things though, veggies and all that. strawberries were on sale!

it's due to rain so i think momsauce and i are going for a walk in minute. : )

edit: got through it :) still dealing with some Things but i'm out of the dark corridor. and actually really hungry this evening so, eating food ^_^ celery and hummus wins me over every time apparently.

• Like 2

Glad you are eating a bit Mia....

And try not to feel silly about your challenges, i understand though, i also feel like that. Like im annoying everyone haha 

Sending you love xx

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Glad you are eating a bit Mia....

And try not to feel silly about your challenges, i understand though, i also feel like that. Like im annoying everyone haha 

Sending you love xx

Thank you for always encouraging me, Sal ^_^ you could never be annoying. i'm grateful for the opportunity to follow and cheer you on for your journey :)

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Elastigirl said:

This is how I cook and this is why I can never give anyone my recipes. A good example would be my sangria ;) I don't use measurements and I never use the same proportions or even the same ingredients all the time, so it tastes different every time (but always delicious)

On 6/22/2019 at 4:04 PM, Miaulin said:

Woke up doubting whether my little goals actually belong here on the forums, feeling a bit like an irritating tag-along and just kind of. Not happy.

You absolutely do belong here on the forums. You're a part of our big ranger family! <3 

• Like 1

Working on my new Thread! I'm trying to get the write-up done in between working on my actual tasks for the day :P Slow start today despite waking up early and staying up...i've done some prep cooking, exercise, water-drinking, and am doing some Memrise right now. The kittens graciously took it upon themselves to spot for me while i attempted some stretching. What else...uhmmmm....oh yeah, i still have to do my Reading. Also, to keep harping on about hair, i learned another new braid. It isn't very good yet because it needs more practice, but i did a dragon braid! it looks kinda weird with my ultra-casual attire...but hey! i only just, at almost 23, learned to braid and can now do Rope, English, Dutch, French, Lace, Fishtail, Infinity, 'Dragon', and a few different combos. :D

for the prep-cooking i went ahead and chopped up some cucumbers and tomatoes to get them marinating in olive oil and balsamic vinegar (with a bit of salt, pepper, mint, and dill sprinkled on) and cooked some chickpeas that i soaked overnight. There's...a lot of them and i don't know quite what to do with all of them :lol: some will be used to test a hypothesis that my chickpea patties can be used as a base for a kind of vegan breakfast sausage type of vibe. Maybe i'll roast some, never done that before.

Few other Tasks to do along the line of cleaning and maybe some extra additional prep-cooking.

Food-Eating for today is pretty much good as i've had a smoothie and some strawberries before noon. Feel like i'm running behind a bit but it's only just twelve. Anyway, so, to do

• Write Up - Working On
  • VITAMINS oh geez i only just remembered - DONE
  • exercise - DONE
  • prep salad stuff and chickpeas - DONE
  • clean the kitchen, especially with regard to organizing of the fridge
  • reading
  • memrise - DONE
  • go for walk - PM
  • Like 1