• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miaulin

The Star-Spangled Miau With a Plan

momsauce and i have lately been rewatching the MCU with dogged determination and made it through Thor before i skipped ahead to the main event, Winter Soldier, so now we have to go back a bit...we'll also be watching Guardians of the Galaxy and the Ant Mans for the very first time at some point. (I saw Guardians 1 but only paid attention to Groot and have no idea what even happened) so, needless to say, all this Marveling has got me in a bit of a hero mood. 

Bucky Barnes might be first in my heart right now but other loves of my MCU life include Black Widow, Shuri, Loki, Black Panther, Maria Hill, MJ, Spider-Man, and Captain America's beard

anigif_sub-buzz-28339-1525140469-1.gif?d

*post-hulk Loki noise* i pledge so much allegiance

i'm not going to try to copy any specific training regimes along the 'turn yourself into your favorite avenger' line as most of those require equipment and gym and moneymoney but, i am going to just. pay attention. to what i'm doing. basically. the theme is mostly for inspo uwu (and what inspo it is,,,)

i mentioned the beard one time and this is now fully a Captain America Themed Challenge. Sort of. Oops.

anyway, uh, goals:

•  eat real food - which...i do most of the time anyway since my go-to meal is roasted veggies...but i also tend to fall back on sugar and snacky foods and that doesn't work.

original.gif

• exercise - for the rest of this month i'll be doing my usual exercise routine, but starting in June i'll switch to/add The Superhero Challenge and i'll also be working on flexibility (SPIDEY SKILLS)

giphy.gif

• Duolingo practice - work on my French every day

original.gif

•  study - lessons on Khan Academy to get ready for my actual school program in September

i-understood-that-reference-gif-6.gif

• attitude - continue positivity protocols

tumblr_o80l2veEFh1r5a08so3_500.gif

• til the end of the line - be present and cheering-on in other's threads!

d53900066b8a14db301d190ee1637dcf.gif

• Like 8

in other news when unapproved personnel see me i want to appear as either a pixelated blur or just

tenor.gif

me walking into this challenge like

• Like 3

OH MY GRACIOUS I AM SO SO SO SO INCREDIBLY HERE FOR THIS

tenor.gif

OUR SOFT AND SAD AND SO SERIOUS KIND BOI

LET'S MAKE HIM PROUD AND MAYBE HE WILL SMILE

original.gif 

2 hours ago, Miaulin said:

*post-hulk Loki noise* i pledge so much allegiance

My turn - BY FAR the very funniest thing I read all day!!!  :D  :D  :D 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

OH MY GRACIOUS I AM SO SO SO SO INCREDIBLY HERE FOR THIS

tenor.gif

OUR SOFT AND SAD AND SO SERIOUS KIND BOI

LET'S MAKE HIM PROUD AND MAYBE HE WILL SMILE

HEYOOO SKY! <3 <3 <3

HE IS THE HUMAN EMBODIMENT OF A GOLDEN RETRIEVER AND I LOVE HIM DEARLY

hopefully i'll make him proud and not get one of the Captain America Is Disappointed PSA's! (THE HORROR)

13 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

My turn - BY FAR the very funniest thing I read all day!!!  :D  :D  :D 

bahaha, thank you :lol:

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yay Mia, i am here to encourage you :) great goals and i know you will succeed xx 

Heyoo Sal! Always great to see you! :D 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Day One:

Food - So far, a smoothie! I don't know how much it counts as 'real food since it's just chocolate almond milk, wowbutter, ice, and vega vanilla protein powder...but it tastes good and keeps me full for a long time! For dinner i'll probably either do roasted broccoli with hummus, or some cauli rice + black beans and quacamole...did i legitmately just use q instead of...well i guess Quackamole is a thing now wow. Um i've also had plenty of water today so far (it's only noon) and took my vitamin!

Exercise - did a partial workout while waiting for the shower to heat up this morning, about to do the rest in a moment. the cats are doing yoga and cardio right now to encourage my fitness endeavors.

Study/Duolingo - getting logged into Duolingo ! will do it either before or after or maybe before and after the workout

Attitude - pretty upbeat today! 

i've been doing housework today, too. still much left to do but it's all going well. i think getting a shower first thing in the morning provided a little kickstart boost ^_^ i also have some "(wo)man with a plan"ing to do...seems like a good day so far if i can keep momentum!

• Like 6

Here for a perfect amount of Chris Evans appreciation gifs Captain America as motivation!  And for Duolingo/language learning buddies. If you ever want to practice French, I'm a bit rusty but wouldn't mind working on my French again! 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2019 at 9:05 AM, NicTheRugger said:

Here for a perfect amount of Chris Evans appreciation gifs Captain America as motivation!  And for Duolingo/language learning buddies. If you ever want to practice French, I'm a bit rusty but wouldn't mind working on my French again! 

Heyoo! Nice to see you here! The more the merrier for Chris Evans Appreciation :D (There's...so much to appreciate...) And thank you for the offer on the French! I got through the whole Level 1 course on Memrise, once, and part of Level Two, but have gotten pretty rusty myself and am trying to climb back up!

20 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey! Hope the day carried on being great for you :)  and hope today is just as good <3 xx

Thank you thank you! Day One did indeed go very well! Day Two was a bit of a freeze, but that's okay!

9 hours ago, Moros said:

Following!  Winter soldier is the best stand-alone MCU film, in my opinion:

Hellooo! And agreed! I got to the end of the movie and was genuinely surprised by how good it was, not just as a good superhero movie but a good movie in general. There's something special in it for sure. 

:lol: omg the Honest Trailer, PERFECT!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Day Two:

Food: maaaaaaybe drank enough water? took my vitamin (i think), food was one round of pasta and broccoli with a bit of a roasted garlic sauce, and then later i had a blondie and didn't get hungry again after, so no more foods were had.
Exercise: i did half of my workout, being sore from wrangling furniture the day before.
Study: nope! internet connection deemed many things insupportable
Attitude: had a bit of an all-day anxiety attack actually! mostly just the physical side of one but it was  distracting. i'm hazy on the particulars of the day but don't recall getting too terribly mopey about it all.

Day Three:

food: uhhhhhhhhh....leftover blondie in the morning and then at around 7PM some graham crackers and tea....#Yikes
exercise: similarly, #YIKES none whatsoever...except perhaps fighting with the kittens' collapsible kennel, which is something of a Task by itself
study: noop
attitude: not gonna lie i don't even know about today actually except that i've found myself weirdly defensive and a touch bristly but nothing too too bad. 

so yah the plan for tomorrow is to actually do things! i did read a lot today ^_^ 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Whats Blondie? (Apart from an amazing band haah)

Hope today went well xx

They're like brownies except not chocolate!

Peanut-Butter-Blondies-1.jpg

i think the actual flavor varies a bit? some are brown sugar-y, some are quite like the crumb of a chocolate chip cookie, others more vanilla in flavor...mine had soybutter and some cinnamon in them, so they were more like a peanut butter cookie in bar form :D

today did indeed go well! ^_^ i got a very full workout in!

-------------------------------------------

Day Four:

Food - graham crackers + applesauce and later some cauliflower rice, roasted peppers and onions, and black beans with guacamole on top. so partial real food win.
Exercise - yes yes yes! i did my usual things but then decided to try a couple sets with my little dumbbells, which i haven't used in ages. i thought it would be a wretched struggle to get through even one since it's been so long but it wasn't bad at all!

Attitude - i'm floating! having some trouble with pressure but i'm keeping the lid on it...or perhaps it would be better to keep it Slightly Ajar instead so as not to combust :lol: i did lose points today for nails-and-fingers casualties during restless fidgets. i've recently learned that braiding my hair chills me out significantly (or distracts me long enough to calm down) so there's no reason that couldn't have been avoided. ah well. :P

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hope today is lovely for you!! :) any plans this weekend?x 

Not much in the way of plans, but it's Grocery time again so there is that! I think the fam will be grilling out for Memorial Day, too. 

• Like 1

Day...five?:

a nope on all tasks except attitude. no doldrums today, but i have been running a fever since yesterday and spent today in "just stay hydrated" mode. also accidentally skipped eating for a full 24 hours and when i finally did eat it was a blondie and later, some fries that momsauce brought me. didn't help generate good feelings :P tomorrow momsauce and i will go get groceries and my list is mainly vegetables.  might even get a cucumber. :3 

Edit: i felt a little better after a shower and took the opportunity to do a workout :3 yay!

forgot to mention! but one of my other goals lately is! to do! a sit-up! i've never been able to before and got yelled at for it in Kindergarten and the goal is at least half spite-driven but i also just. want to. idk how to actually build up  to doing a sit-up but i'm assuming core strength will be helpful. (meanwhile, kindergarten!me could do a pull-up on the monkey bars like a  b o s s  even if she couldn't actually maneuver the bars proper)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Not much in the way of plans, but it's Grocery time again so there is that! I think the fam will be grilling out for Memorial Day, too. 

Sounds nice :) x

Grocery Day done! We made a day of it for real and went to the nearest city instead of the nearest town. I had sweet potato fries for lunch that were Very Nice ^_^ picked up cucumbers and radishes at the grocery store, neither of which i've had in quite some time so that'll be a nice change-up from The Usual. Did enough walking and heavy lifting today to count at least partially for exercise.

There was one weird moment where we were discussing The Great Wisdom Teeth Removal of 2016 and my brother was talking about the stitches used and remarked that they were probably made from catgut, at which point, even with no real emotional cannonfire going on, i began hyperventilating and, for some reason, laughing in between desperately trying to breathe. Googled it when we got home and promptly began hyperventilating a little bit again. Very silly but. oof. 

So while trying not to think about that ever again....grocery day went well! i'm spend the rest of the day doing some writing and planning for the week ^_^

• Like 3

Happening:

- IT'S SO HOT HERE WHY IS SUMMER LIKE THIS it isn't even summer yet WHY IS ALMOST-SUMMER LIKE THIS. for a little tl;dr situation, younger!me was terrified of being seen as immodest or eager to be immodest and so cultivated her own ridiculously exaggerated aversion to shorts and tanktops?? and though they did have rules about how short things could be or how low necklines could go, my mom and grandma would not likely have actually killed me at any point if i hadn't been like that. but no, i never wore a tanktop without something over it until last year, at 22 years old. but this year i've preemptively tossed all younger!Me's scruples out the window and am going to have to get some shorts and tanks or else actually die this summer. told mom. her only concern is whether i actually have upper arms because she hasn't seen proof of their existence in so long. can't actually get any for two weeks but? in one fortnight Survival Gear is  gonna be so obtained.

- on a completely unrelated note because my brain is a rabbit, i have had a minor existential crisis brewing for some time, having too many thinks about the state of things, to the point of being very easily made Sad And/Or Angry each time there's an upsetting news update. which has made me think about what my 'jobs' are as both a Christian and a Human Person, which i know the answer to but also don't know the answer to. and i can't really articulate it without sounding like i'm in hysterics, and odds are nobody wants to read most of those Thinks anyway so. short version at the end of the ramble is Secondary Theme/Challenge: Love is Action. figure right now my reach is pretty short so i'll have to start within that range and branch out as much as i can over time. will probably give it its own notebook. *throws glitter* on that note i found a nice Bible-reading plan to work through.

- My 'Is 'ugh' an emotion? Because i feel it all the time' shirt has now been complimented by One Senior Lady who agreed and told me that 'Ugh' is a Woman's Emotion, and also a Cashier at Whole Foods Market who had a pleasant voice and a nice smile. It's a Good Shirt.

- Another Wholly Irrelevant Thing but i have a desperate craving to go rock wall climbing. There's a place in the nearest city but its upper age limit is twelve. There are loads of places in a city further away so i've set about trying to convince momsauce it's worth the trip just to let me go spidermanning. There also happens to be a really nice zoo in that city which would further worthwhile-i-fy the trip. The nearest city is opening an ax-throwing place i would dearly love to visit as well. Also, the fair. I'm thinking of drawing some pictures to enter and also weighing the merits of going relatively by myself since momsauce will go but won't ride anything. We have until October or so to decide on that. Mostly though i very much want to go to the indoor climbing place. Cross your fingers for my powers of persuasion?

- Food Today - nothing until about one-thirty PM, at which point i had frenchfries in town, and way too much nondairy coffee ice cream when we got home. i was mostly eating it for the texture and the coldness. <.< it occurs to me that the amount of caffeine might constitute a small overdose for me. oops.

• Like 5

update i don't know if it's because of the caffeine in the ice cream or if that's just a convenient excuse but i have entered the ZOOMZONE and can't stop cleaning everything )except for right now as i type these things but it's like a zoomzoomsitdownforaminuteZOOMZOOM situation( and also might possibly have chloroformed myself a little bit while cleaning the bathroom. not literally chloroform but i poured bleach into what i thought was an empty spray bottle but it wasn't empty so basically i mixed two chemicals and sprayed copious amounts of those chemicals into the bathtub and then added baking soda and let the tub marinate and then scrubbed it which put my face in close proximity to the chemicals and i think my lungs got at least four sizes bigger and my brain is at the very back of my skull now wOW

also to be completely vain i did braids today and they look good! if i do! say so! myself!

everything's very sharp and in-focus right now so i've scrubbed most of the kitchen and the bathroom and did laundry (and FOLDED IT) and also made plans to renovate mom's craft room for her and sign up to donate blood and potentially bone marrow at some point. i will NO DOUBT regret this post later but right now my impulse control is shot and i have so much to do it's like that song in the lion king.

ks8fkn.gif

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

How you feeling today Mia? Still a little bit wired? Hope you managed to get some rest at some point :) xx

I was just about High As Haman Hung for many hours there but i think i slept most of it off yes! Still feel a bit clean-all-the-things-y and solve-all-world-problems-including-my-own-y but the kind of...violence of it...has subsided thankfully! Yay! :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird Dreams happened last night! First there was a badbad dream about the cats that live outside, my Gray Major and his younger brothers. Mostly Major though. Bad dream. But then i dreamed that there were people trapped under a thick sheet of ice, but nobody could see them because of a layer of snow and also just how thick and scratched-up the ice was. But people did know they were down there, and were looking for them. And gradually, rescuers found everybody and pulled them out of the ice and got them all warm. The main rescuer actually broke some rules to save some people - they were supposed to wait for something but instead went down by themself to clear the ice. They kept saying there were seven people, but it looked like more to me.

and then i had a dream that my brother was having something delivered, but the vehicle that showed up looked more like a golfcart than anything, and there was no driver. He was supposed to get in the driver's seat to complete the transaction, but i had a bad feeling something was going to Happen.  Sure enough, a little stick figure guy (no joke - an actual stick figure ) showed up behind the cart and held out a tiny gun toward my brother! But it turned out it was actually trying to hand the gun to him, because the gun was actually a lighter and broski was supposed to use it to burn a notepad. then something, i know not what, happened, and i woke up with my heart doing its best rabbit impersonation!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 10:05 PM, Miaulin said:

Duolingo practice - work on my French every day

Omelette au fromage

14 hours ago, Miaulin said:

mixed two chemicals and sprayed copious amounts of those chemicals into the bathtub and then added baking soda and let the tub marinate and then scrubbed it which put my face in close proximity to the chemicals and i think my lungs got at least four sizes bigger and my brain is at the very back of my skull now wOW 

hope you're better with that! Breathe a lot of fresh air!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jcmgm said:

Omelette au fromage

That is Cheese Omelette, yes? Literal Translation: Omelette to the Cheese?

11 hours ago, jcmgm said:

hope you're better with that! Breathe a lot of fresh air!

much better, Thank You! and will very much be more careful next time! :D

Happening!

So Day One is Day Zero for me since momsauce was homesauce and my activities were thusly not to my own determination for much of the day. Broski grilled for Memorial Day. I wasn't feeling much like eating so i just had some fries (i did have a protein and greens smoothie for breakfast, for what that's worth on the real food spectrum) and then later more coffee ice cream was had, but in a reasonable amount. i don't think the caffeine was actually a problem yesterday...it was probably a combination of my own personal weirdness and the bleach fumes finishing me off. idk. but i did not go overboard on the coffee ice cream this time just to be safe :lol:

what i did do was impulsively arrange a casual summer bookclub??? i just posted on my tumblr asking if anyone who Follows me on there would be at all interested in reading a particular book (or similar books) and discussing them over the summer, and i thought nobody would respond but A LOT OF PEOPLE RESPONDED. So that's a thing now!

annnnnd after all this time i still haven't been able to get a key made but i finally just asked momsauce to leave her housekey here for me and let me just unlock the door for her when she gets off work each day, so now that i have charge of the house key i'll be able to go for WALKS. in the SUNSHINE. and plans are already made to go tomorrow. i used Plot a Route and my available walk would be right around two miles round trip YAY. ^_^  i'm excited to get some sunshine :)

• Like 6