• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Stribs

Stribs Lays the Foundation for Summer

Hey guys!  

The crazy part of my year ends this week (thank God) and I felt like I finally have time to find my way back here.  This challenge will be about setting up a few things for this summer and getting back my good habits as well.  I have had literally zero time to work on any of my own projects, and I've done a terrible job with self care, and this last few weeks haven't done me any favors in terms of stress, so, I guess I have my work cut out for me.  I'm going to keep it simple as best I can, and hope for success.  I will probably only be following a handful of people, but I will be lurking as well!

1. Self Care

• Mediate every night
  • Take my meds every day
  • 7 hours of sleep on weeknights
  • Read 1 book

2. Passion Projects/Planning

• Spend at least ONE hour a day doing TWO of the following...
    • Planning our summer road trip (NC---->Vegas----->ALL the national parks---->Wyoming---->Illinois----->home)
    • Working on my short story
    • Doing research and making contacts/content for my new writing project
    • Working on content for hubs' website

3. Health/Fitness

• Ironborn x3 a week
  • 1 bike ride per weekend
  • EAT AT HOME

giphy.gif

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

You're going on a summer road trip to see all the parks!! I want to do that.

I have been waiting dor this trip for a LONG time.  I have wanted to see Yellowstone and the Arches and everything for AGES.  I really have only been west once.. And it was San Antonio, TX

• Like 1

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

Nice job making it to the end of the year
We’ll be doing the parks trip too. I’ll keep my eye out for you.

We still have students til the 12th of June, but graduation project ends this week, so there's that.  We will be in the parks the first week and a half of July.  It would be wild to randomly run into you. Ha

• Like 1

oh my word, Stribs is back! How i have missed you <3 

Your goals look great and i am excited to see you achieve them! xx

• Like 1

Okay guys.  Here we go.  Today is my actual, legit, real day 1.  Hubs is gone for the week, which is always nice at the beginning of a challenge because, don't get me wrong, I love him, but he can eat 234567876543 calories and stay looking fit, and he always wants to eat out...while me over here, my pants are a bit snug!  I'm doing a hard reset this week, focusing on eating whole foods from my house, and taking the week to remember that cooking meals doesn't have to be hard.  This will get a bit tricky this week, seeing as 2 nights I'll be at school til around 7, BUT the plan is to make a huge batch of tasty enchiladas tonight and pack that for dinner on those nights to avoid the tasty treats that get laid out on Grad Project speech nights 

I forgot to add water to my food challenge (trying for a consistent 80oz a day), and as a general update, I'm no longer IF.  I've been eating a protein waffle (a bit of butter but no syrup) for breakfast with a yogurt (230 calories).  Waffle would be better with syrup (duh), but they aren't bad plain, and it gets me drinking water. Also this yogurt is my new favorite.  It ticks all the boxes IN MY DREAM YOGURT LIFE.  It's GREEK, low sugar (2 grams), low calorie (80), decent protein (12g), and it has fat (2g).  There aren't many flavors because it's new, but hopefully everyone loves it like I do, because YUM!!

My workout schedule should be T/TH/F

And the book I'm currently living  reading is The Handmaid's Tale.  I'm only 50 pages or so in, so finishing it for this challenge will be fine.

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

oh my word, Stribs is back! How i have missed you <3 

Your goals look great and i am excited to see you achieve them! xx

I miss you guys too!!!  <33333

Welp, guess I've got to start this day :) 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 2

I have the Handmaids Tale on my shelf but never read it, i bloody LOVED the TV show ... i will maybe read it next :) xx

• Like 1

Illinois has a national park?  Did someone plant a tree in the corn field?

I'm from there so I can talk.  :-)

Happy challenge!

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Illinois has a national park?  Did someone plant a tree in the corn field?

I'm from there so I can talk.  :-)

Happy challenge!

Lol, we'll be done with national parks by them.  My grandparents live in Geneva, so we are just stopping through

Let it be known that I bought pizza and soda for my students today, and I said no to all of it and came home and made my enchiladas.  YUM!!

• Like 2

Following along! I want to see lots of road trip pictures please :)

On 5/20/2019 at 3:44 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

We’ll be doing the parks trip too. I’ll keep my eye out for you.

I would love it if you guys bumped into each other. It's the NF fanfic I need.

3 hours ago, deftona said:

Following along! I want to see lots of road trip pictures please :)

Hate to disappoint, but the actual road trip will be next challenge.  This is still the planning phase 

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I would love it if you guys bumped into each other. It's the NF fanfic I need.

:D 

So, with new challenge comes scale time.  Needless to say, I'm a bit heartbroken this morning because I threw away a lot of hard work on snacks and take out, but I think it was the wake up call I needed to move forward because food has been a real struggle lately.  Back up to 167, trying, once again, to get down to 145.  My workouts aren't as intense this time around since I stopped going to the gym classes when the gym moved and they got shitty, so my food choices are going to have to work harder this time, but I know I CAN do it, I just need to not be lazy about it.  I have already taken a few steps this morning to help the shift.

Step 1: Measure the creamer in my coffee so I'm only getting 1 serving, even if it means the coffee taste like...coffee (35 calories)

Step 2: Cut each enchilada portion in half so it's 250 calories instead of 500 (plus this means I have lunch AND dinner for tonight)

Step 3: Dip protein waffle in coffee instead of using butter (makes up for the dryness created by a lack of syrup, winning)

Step 4. Strategically offer to buy the snack for the English teachers at speeches tonight (Fruits, veggies, and nuts, here we come!!)

Anyhoo, so that's that.  I did my workout this morning.  Day 1 of Ironborn.  It only took 15 minutes though, so I think I am going to supplement it with this 10,000 jumping jacks challenge just to get some easy cardio in and give the workout a bit of length.  I prefer 30-45 minutes.

In terms of self care, I did take my meds, but I didn't read or meditate because I had friends over for dinner, which I'm counting because it was very relaxing.  It also means I didn't work on my passion projects goal yesterday either, but again...I wasn't on my ass watching netflix, so I'll make an exception if I'm spending time with friends.

Anyhoo, I gotta get rolling!!

• Like 3

Good strategies Stribs....

We can work on our diets together <3 we can do it!!

Goo djob on remembering your meds :) i NEED to get back to meditating... xx

• Like 1

Lurking.

We did a similar trip last summer: flew to Oregon and drove back hitting National Parks. It was a blast

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, Salinger said:

How you getting on? xx

Well, about that...

So last week was something between a comedy of errors and a clusterfuck.  

My husband wasn't home all week, and I had a 12 hour day on Tuesday because I had to stay at school til 7 for GP speeches, then on Wednesday, I came home to dog vomit everywhere. so we went to the e-vet and were there from 8pm-2am because we weren't a true emergency.  I would start tearing up everytime someone came in with an animal in distress, and as it turned out my poor limpy, pukey pupper had cut her foot pad then ripped it open chewing on it and it was hella infected (though, the vet thought it was allergies and didn't even look at her limpy foot until I insisted). But she got some good drugs and she is okay now.  Cue Thursday, my 2nd 12 hour day at school, except I'm doing this one on 3 hours of sleep.  Lots of caffeine kind of helped but I was a cranky fucker all day AND I left my phone at school when I left around 7:30 which meant driving back for it just to be told one of my coworkers had grabbed it and driving home to find a note on my door with their address on it, and finally getting it back at like 8:45 (when all I wanted to do was crawl in bed).  Friday was okay, and my weekend was the relaxing break I needed, but I am still catching up on sleep and the only goal I worked on last week was my passion projects.  And I meditated. Woop.

But, things are going to look up from here because we finally bit the bullet and ordered out power rack and our weight bench.  We will have a home gym in out house by this weekend which means I'm back in the happy land of heavy lifting!!  So stoked.  I have missed it.

• Like 2

Wow Stribs, thats a mad busy few days :o Hope you are ok. 

Great news about the rack and weights :D exciting!!!! xx

• Like 1

Okay, so after some thinking and mulling over my options, I'm changing up my goals a bit in terms of food and workout.  I need to get serious about my diet.  I thought starting back small would be helpful...it's not.  It leaves room for error and to further undo the work I have already started undoing (weight gain and body composition changes)

SO that being said, I am instituting these changes.

1. NO SUGAR except coffee creamer or random special events (birthday parties, celebrations, etc)

2. Count Calories (1500)

3. Consistent breakfast (protein shake or protein waffle) and lunch (varies per week) to make calorie counting easy

4. Dinner must include a vegetable (and not a starch that pretends its a vegetable...I'm looking at you corn and potatoes)

5. Snacks can be veggies, fruits, or nuts (with occasional and limited add ons like hummus, peanut butter, guac)

Workouts will be back to stronglifts 5x5 (x4 per week), a bike ride per weekend, and yoga for stretching before workouts.

• Like 5