Cataleya Sneaks Back Into the Ranks

Cataleya

I'm back, and trying to start fresh. I'm not terribly pleased with where I am, but I guess who is? I'm starting out small.

Here are my goals:

* Weigh myself every Monday. Would be awesome to lose 2lbs a week, but honestly any movement down is good.

* Take my meds every day. Gotta stay healthy.

* Do 30 minutes of intentional activity. This does not include using my pedals at home or walking around my apartment. I need to do some kind of weight training or intentional cardio. Doesn't have to be super strenuous. I just need to start moving again.

* Read for 15 minutes every day. Just relaxes me. Non-work-related, though. Not reading during work hours.

I'll either accomplish these goals or I won't each day/week. If I manage to do one of the goals 5/7 days, I get a small prize, e.g. a bath bomb or new fragrance. If I can get 5/7 for all three, I get a bigger prize, e.g. seeing a movie or something along those lines.

No goals for weight loss. That has the potential for getting toxic. Just monitoring.

Hopefully this is a simple enough start. I'm ready to get back into things!

• Like 10

Following! :)

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Welcome back. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Sorry, I'm here. I think I might be going into a depressive episode. Or something. I'm in some kind of funk. It could be how weird our weather has been. Getting sick might have messed me up, too. Part of me is just exhausted. I have a lot of work to do and things to take care of and the apartment is kind of a mess (though it looks better now than it did) and I just feel this existential emptiness when I think about everything I have to do.

But I started that TOM early, which is a little odd but I guess not surprising given my increased activity levels. I've been just... tired and not feeling very good about myself. I'm 30 now and still fat, still not found a great thing that works for me, still feel like I have to work harder than everyone else to get worse results. I guess there's a bit of self-pity in there I just gotta shake off.

Like, I was tracking my food and feeling pretty good about it. Until I wasn't. Now I've stopped tracking, though I'm still working on getting more protein in and stuff.

I'll be okay, I just... really wish the timing was better on this.

Anyway,

WEEK 0

* Weigh myself every Monday. 206.8lbs

* Take my meds every day. 7/7

* Do intentional activity. Changed this to just "do intentional activity," because when I do weights or the NFA workouts, it doesn't always take 30 minutes. Anyway, 3/3 for the days I wasn't sick.

* Read for 15 minutes every day. 7/7

WEEK 1

* Weigh myself every Monday. Memorial Day messed with my head. Weighed myself today. 204.2lbs.

* Take my meds every day. 3/3 so far

* Do intentional activity. 2/3 so far

* Read for 15 minutes every day. 3/3 so far

Okay now to put tiger balm on my calves because holy shit do they hurt after the trail walk I did yesterday with a friend.

• Like 3

Feeling overwhelmed with work AND a messy house AND Shark Week. Small wonder you feel crummy. I find a clean(er) environment makes me feel more in control of the situation. YMMV and whatnot, but at least you won't have to suffer in domestic chaos? 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Feeling overwhelmed with work AND a messy house AND Shark Week. Small wonder you feel crummy. I find a clean(er) environment makes me feel more in control of the situation. YMMV and whatnot, but at least you won't have to suffer in domestic chaos? 
I gotta do some cleaning tomorrow in advance of MIL and SIL visiting. I think it will make me feel better, but I also feel exhausted just thinking about it.
36 minutes ago, Cataleya said:
1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I gotta do some cleaning tomorrow in advance of MIL and SIL visiting. I think it will make me feel better, but I also feel exhausted just thinking about it.

Getting started is the hardest part, isn't it? You have some tricks at your disposal to make it a little easier. You're doing this for your mental health as much as being a good host. You deserve to have a clean place so that isn't weighing you down. I always start with some really, really easy task when it feels like shouldering the planet to face a bunch of responsibility. Temptation bundling might help, I don't know what you fancy and what is goal-compliant.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

1 hour ago, Cataleya said:

really wish the timing was better on this.

I had my first panic attack in over a year on the first day of this challenge. The timing of bad things will always suck. Don't let them take you down.

BTW, how do you track your food when you're out at a restaurant. Do you guess? Ask? Carry around a food scale like Tim Ferriss?

• Like 1

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

BTW, how do you track your food when you're out at a restaurant. Do you guess? Ask? Carry around a food scale like Tim Ferriss?

I try not to eat out TOO often but when I do I use MFP to make my best guess. A few things make it easier: if I eat at a place that is either on MFP or published nutritional info, and eating simpler stuff on the menu (less to guess about). At the end of the day all nutrition tracking is an estimate so I try not to get too hung up on it.
  • Like 3