• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Xena

Xena's Triumphant (?) Return from Sea

7 hours ago, Terra said:

Congratulations!!!  They are very luck to get you as a GL!!!  

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Mistr said:

Silly question, but have you descaled the heating element by soaking it in vinegar? You can run a couple batches of vinegar through it with heat to speed up the process. Then several passes with water to get rid of the residual vinegar.

I feel really silly now. That is completely obvious now that you've said it. I have done that, but not for a long time. Will give it a go.

Today

2 miles very easy with lots of drills mixed in. 7 knee and 8 negative pushups (93/107/0 of 100/200/100 knee/neg/full). Tried out one MovNat exercise (thinking about working that into my next challenge). Made my calorie goal (12/16 days).

Work is jam-packed. Still have an hour or more of reading to do tonight. Think I will limit it to one hour for sanity sake.

Not too happy with my condo situation. I'm on the board and wanted to resign for a couple of reasons. Just found out that the person who has been doing the lion's share of the work has bought a house and will be moving. Rather than exiting, I'll need to work with the remaining members to pick up a lot of extra duties. Still mulling over how to deal with this, but my current working plan is to resign in January. We'll pick up a couple new members in August and that will give them time to get up to speed a bit.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Xena said:

. I think we all have a little bit of each guild in us

So true!
I'm pondering about narrowing down my goals for one month and perhaps going full druid or warrior. To focus either on my yoga or my CrossFit! Will see which needs more hands-on approach 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Whenever I think of Condo Boards I always think of the relevant episodes of Frasier.

I'll have to watch those. I always think of Seinfeld. My best friend and I call my condo development "Del Boca Vista" (like the condos where Jerry's dad lives)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xena said:

I'll have to watch those. I always think of Seinfeld. My best friend and I call my condo development "Del Boca Vista" (like the condos where Jerry's dad lives)

Well then don't go out to eat after 4 pm.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

Congrats on making guild leader! I'll be sure to drop in and say hi :)

Please do!!!

------------------

Today was ok-ish. Got in my 5 mile run, but felt pretty sluggish. Not worried about it...training when you are tired is part of the deal. Only 5 negative pushups this morning...felt really tired, so I figured maintaining consistency was enough. Made my calorie goal (13/16 days). Wondering if cutting calories might be part of the reason I feel tired...but the calorie cut is reasonable, so I'm not going to worry about it too much. A temporary decline in performance is ok. Other reasons I could be feeling tired: work stress, couple hard workouts last week, low iron (started taking a supplement), humidity/heat...still not too bad, but increasing, pollen allergies. So yeah, could be lots going on. Will just stick with it for a little while.

Sushi list...brought the propane tank (from the grill) inside to eventually exchange at the shop. Realized I missed the window for my 2018 fitness rebate but will be able to submit 2019 in August. Decided to substitute a different chore for the fitness rebate thing (since I didn't actually get it done). So yeah, still only 4/10, but I'm better positioned to knock out a couple things at the end of the week.

Cooking goal...still at 9.5/10, but figured out the new recipe that I want to try: TVP tacos. Super easy and will be a good way to use up the TVP. Will make them after my next shopping trip (need to pick up a pepper and some taco shells).

• Like 3

Today was very draining at work. I went from one meeting to the next and juggled interactions with the people I supervise. I have a whole bunch of loose ends hanging that I really really want to tie up. And a bunch of nagging jobs that I don't necessarily want to do. I'm stretched too thin at the moment. It tends to happen in the summer and is a somewhat temporary problem.

Today was the first day I was supposed to go to a group interval workout of some kind. A semi-flaky friend was going to meet me on the cinder track. She sent me various messages over the past day or two saying she wasn't sure she would make it and later that she was unlikely to come. I still could have run there on my own (awkward because there a bunch of kids soccer teams practicing and people wandering around...feels less weird if you wan't by mysefl). I also could have gone to the proper track and either joined a workout that I find annoying and not great, or tried to do my own workout and had to explain that I didn't want to join them. By the end of the work day, I just wanted to lie in a dark room. Not talk to any more people. Not run hard. I decided to bail on the workout. I even decided I needed to claim my sushi reward from the last list.

While I was waiting for my sushi order, I got a text from the friend saying she would try to show up late. I told her I already decided not to go.

I'm kind of frustrated. Morning running works much better for me. Now I've missed a day, and I'm guessing that not running this morning contributed to my stressed-out feeling all day. I'm going to tell the coach this does NOT work for me. I did present some alternate ideas that I thought might work (creative scheduling with a double workout on Wed that allows the afternoon workout to slip into Thursday if I don't do it). He didn't add that to me schedule. I'm going to tell him it either has to be that way, or has to be straight-up morning workouts.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 6/16/2019 at 9:00 PM, Xena said:

So...I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be moving over to the Scouts as a GL starting next challenge. I plan to be a very rangerly scout :-)  I hope that some of you will drop by and visit, or even consider trying out a challenge over there. I think we all have a little bit of each guild in us. In terms of the scouts, remember that we are each on our own long road of life. You could use a challenge over there to think long term. More traditionally the guild is geared toward endurance training. You don't have to be an ultra-distance athlete...being interested in improving endurance makes you an excellent candidate.

You are Running Yoda.

Hope today went better than yesterday! You're not the only one who sometimes just wants to be alone in a dark room at the end of the day...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiroro said:

You're not the only one who sometimes just wants to be alone in a dark room at the end of the day...

It's nice to have a kindred spirit or two around here!

Today was indeed much much better. Just not as many crazy back-to-back demands. This morning I planned to hit the track and make up that missed workout, so I went to the gym instead and did cardio machines for an hour (the actual plan for today). After work I cashed in a bunch of willpower and dragged myself to the track. Unfortunately they were setting up for a lacrosse game on the infield and by the time I finished half my planned workout, it ws getting way too awkward. I tried finishing up on a nearby grass field, but the distance was pretty small and the footing didn't feel good for speedwork.

Went out to lunch today and don't want to deal with estimating calories (still at 14/16). 14 negative and 1 full pushup! Brings me to 93/144/1 of 100/200/100 knee/negative/full pushups.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hiroro said:

Hope today went better than yesterday! You're not the only one who sometimes just wants to be alone in a dark room at the end of the day...

Seconded!

congrats on being GL! I will totally stalk, er, follow you over there!

On 6/20/2019 at 10:04 PM, DJtrippyT said:

I will totally stalk, er, follow you over there!

Please do!

I delayed running yesterday to take advantage of the better weather today. Got in a slog-y 7 miles, which officially brings me over my challenge goal of 100. And...if I don't eat anything else tonight...I will have made my calorie goal too!

Having a bunch of visiting colleagues over for dinner on Tuesday. Was struggling to figure out what to serve. Took me far to long to realize that there is only one correct answer:

image.png

• Like 4

On 6/21/2019 at 1:32 AM, Xena said:

After work I cashed in a bunch of willpower and dragged myself to the track. Unfortunately they were setting up for a lacrosse game on the infield and by the time I finished half my planned workout, it ws getting way too awkward. I tried finishing up on a nearby grass field, but the distance was pretty small and the footing didn't feel good for speedwork.

You did what you could with the options available. That is very impressive and inspiring. And you got 7 more miles in yesterday too!

On 6/21/2019 at 1:32 AM, Xena said:

Brings me to 93/144/1 of 100/200/100 knee/negative/full pushups.

Nice going! Woot! Woot! on a full pushup!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Woot! on a full pushup!

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it, and am hoping it's joined by some "friends soon"

Challenge wrap-up:

1. [old goal] Plank 60 min...yup, finally finished it. It took me about 9 weeks! I'm going to start it again next challenge, and anticipate getting through it more quickly.

2. [old goal] Cook 10 new/storage meals. I was up to 9.5/10. I'm having a dinner party on Tuesday and making some new things, so this one will be done too.

3. Run 100 miles.  Did 14 today, bringing me to 117.9. Running has been so-so lately. Warm weather is hard for me, but slogging through the summer is necessary for fast fall times.

4. 100/200/100 knee/negative/full pushups. I might still do some today, but I'm ending this challenge at 95/163/1. I'm most proud of the full pushup. I should be able to start building these, but I have to be careful. It's pretty much a max effort for me right now and puts a strain on some little muscles in my shoulder and chest.

5. 16 days under 2300 calories.  Yes! 16 days and maybe 17 today (though I'm not going to worry about it today because I ran so much). I lost about 3.5 pounds. I would like to lose about 5 more, so I'm keeping this challenge next time.

Sushi list: It was stagnating for a while. Today I made some progress...figured out some information about my retirement account and finally exchanged my propane tank. Up to 7/10.

Overall I feel pretty good about this challenge. It's a super busy time of year for me, and this challenge format worked pretty well.

• Like 6