squeakyvalkyrie levels up!

3 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I found this thread early in Week 1, and then I lost it, and now I found it again. I'm confusing myself.

I'm also following this now, mainly for SCA inspiration. :)

HI!!!! SCA is the obsession I never knew I needed (and am not sure I want...) But, being in the society was a package deal when I met Kermit, at least until he's knighted. Then we can discuss cutting back... So I'm doing the best I can.

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

my challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6  my character  my quest

when it rains, look for rainbows; when it is dark, look for stars

I must have been researching the middle ages too much, because now I've got the plague... Well, not quite, but it feels like it. I guess I should have listened to my body when it started rejecting workouts. Now I'm fluiding up and taking it easy. Hopefully once I'm feeling better I can get back on track with my workouts....

Image result for scott pilgrim sick gif

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

Sleeping in instead of working out is helping out immensely. I actually woke up yesterday feeling refreshed for once! I'm still sticking to IF and curbing my carb intake, so I'm still losing weight. Hopefully I can kick this cold soon, we've got a Terrain Race on Saturday! I am excited and terrified all at the same time. My bestie and her hubby may come and join us, or at least come and laugh at us. It should be fun. I've just got to stop feeling like I've been punched in the face.

Image result for scott pilgrim vs the world gif

Kermit had a friend over to play Warhammer 40k last night, so no dinner at the table. I also made it to bed late, but I did get my routine done. I did some painting and watched some TV. I thought I only had two more shields in my queue, but then two other people reminded me that I had offered to paint their shields if they registered their arms... I've got a couple of months to wait for those though. I really need to paint less and sew more, but that's hard to do with a piece of plywood and a bunch of terrain on my dining room table... Maybe it will get cleaned up tonight.

• Like 3

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

1 hour ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

Sleeping in instead of working out is helping out immensely. I actually woke up yesterday feeling refreshed for once! I'm still sticking to IF and curbing my carb intake, so I'm still losing weight.

Progress!

VPJKvB.gif

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

It is mud run day! After a week of no workouts and getting all the sleeps, I am actually feeling awake and excited! And, one of my workout shirts that used to be super tight is comfortable now, loose even! So I've already won the day. Time to go rock this thing.

kim_pine_scott_pilgrim.gif

• Like 3

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

Awesome pictures. Judging by the After smiles, the mud run was fun! So when is the next one?

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

Today begins a new week. Last week was a really nice break from workouts and getting up super early. This week, I'm back at it. Today is my rest day, Tuesday and Thursday will be workouts and Wednesday and Friday will be yoga. Or at least that is the plan.

Lots of activity over the weekend! We did the mud run on Saturday, then went to a pool party. Yesterday I procrastinated cutting out the fabric for my new dress by building a new desk for Kermit. So now he can paint all the 40k miniatures and make his mess in his own space instead of in the living room. It feels nice to have that off my never-ending to do list. I did get some of the pieces cut out, I should get the rest of them done today. Then begins the sewing. Luckily, it is an underdress, so I don't need to hand sew any of it.

I have been trying to grow out my pixie cut, well full shaved side undercut. I keep thinking I want long hair. But I hate growing it out more than I like it long. I cut in some bangs last week to see if that would help me with the patience needed to grow it, but I'm over it. So I'll see if I can get a true pixie cut soon. With the popularity of shaved sides, getting a faded pixie is difficult.

Image result for RAMONA FLOWERS HAIR GIF

• Like 3

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

On 6/10/2019 at 9:02 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

May you find a stylist who listens and cuts well

The sounds like an overly specific Irish farewell. ;) 

• Like 3

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Sorry for ghosting. I have readjusted my priorities lately and that means most of my challenge goals are no longer things I am focusing on. IF is still a thing, but it has stopped providing weight loss benefits, so Kerm and I are working on cutting out sugar and carbs to help spur the scale downward. We do eat at the table more often now, less in front of the TV, which is nice. It also stops us from being sucked into just zoning out all evening.

I need sleep more than anything right now, so I stopped getting up early for workouts and yoga. This gives me lots more energy when I get home from work, so I can spend time weeding and working in the yard. So I'm still active, just in a less quantifiable way. I miss hiking and want to get out into nature more, but the yard work is taking up all my spare time. We picked up a BBQ and a smoker this weekend (yay family rejects!) so getting the our back patio put in is even more pressing. I do make an effort to just relax on my hammock every day, so that helps me feel more connected to the natural world. 

I dropped the idea of sewing a new dress before crown. All the pieces are cut out, but I just don't have the time. I want to be outside leveling up our yard. The night time routine is hit or miss, but I have been more on top of the dishes. Having a house guest makes me want to keep the house cleaner and the kitchen more usable, even if he never cooks. I need to get to bed earlier, even without getting up for workouts, I'm not getting enough sleep. Which means more rockstars than I would like to be drinking...

I don't feel like I failed this challenge, it just wasn't working for me. And work has gotten crazy, so I have less time to keep up with updates and checking in with everyone. I am hoping that I will be able to be more active for the next challenge, but the next couple of weeks are nuts for me, Alaska this weekend, New Hampshire two weekends from now. Once the traveling is done, I want to regain my focus. But for now, I'm just keeping my head above water and that is working for me.

• Like 2

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

On 6/10/2019 at 9:02 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Good luck in your hair style journey. May you find a stylist who listens and cuts well

I wasn't so lucky. I think I just need to buck up and stop getting cheap haircuts. It isn't bad, but it isn't what I wanted either. I didn't even take pictures because I dislike it so much. I had to do a bunch of trimming on it when I got home. I even had pictures of what I wanted... At least it is just hair and will grow back.

• Sad 3

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

First of all, hair is such a pain. I'm sorry it didn't turn out how you wanted, but you totally have the right attitude! (FWIW, I'm in the opposite boat, my hair is long and I never do anything with it, but I don't want to cut it because I don't want to not be able to put it in a ponytail when I work out).

Secondly, recognizing a challenge isn't working out is A-OK! They aren't all going to be about success and recognizing what you can do RIGHT NOW, is totally more important than trying to stick with something just because. Sleep is a great goal to focus on because it is so important to being successful with everything else. And hey, working in your backyard is getting out in nature. Maybe not exactly what you meant, but it's not like you are in the house! 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

First of all, hair is such a pain. I'm sorry it didn't turn out how you wanted, but you totally have the right attitude! (FWIW, I'm in the opposite boat, my hair is long and I never do anything with it, but I don't want to cut it because I don't want to not be able to put it in a ponytail when I work out).

Secondly, recognizing a challenge isn't working out is A-OK! They aren't all going to be about success and recognizing what you can do RIGHT NOW, is totally more important than trying to stick with something just because. Sleep is a great goal to focus on because it is so important to being successful with everything else. And hey, working in your backyard is getting out in nature. Maybe not exactly what you meant, but it's not like you are in the house! 

Thank you. I it is hard for me to set goals and not accomplish them. But I'm happier with how I'm spending my time and energy right now, and that really is what it is about. Once I can get the yard to a more easily maintainable state, I can focus on other things.

• Like 3

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

59 minutes ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

I don't feel like I failed this challenge, it just wasn't working for me. And work has gotten crazy, so I have less time to keep up with updates and checking in with everyone. I am hoping that I will be able to be more active for the next challenge, but the next couple of weeks are nuts for me, Alaska this weekend, New Hampshire two weekends from now. Once the traveling is done, I want to regain my focus. But for now, I'm just keeping my head above water and that is working for me.

You know that having realistic expectations and the ability to adapt to changes in circumstances actually count as a win, right? :)

56 minutes ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

I wasn't so lucky. I think I just need to buck up and stop getting cheap haircuts. It isn't bad, but it isn't what I wanted either. I didn't even take pictures because I dislike it so much. I had to do a bunch of trimming on it when I got home. I even had pictures of what I wanted... At least it is just hair and will grow back.

Not what you wanted counts as bad, actually. Very bad. Worse than bad - any stylist deserving of their license should have the ability to listen to the client, understand what the client wants, and to ask questions for half an hour if that's what it takes to make sure stylist and client are on the exact same page on what is being done to the client's hair.

I used to work in a full-service salon, (though not as a stylist) and what you are describing would have been considered completely unacceptable by everyone who worked there. You are absolutely right that it will grow back out, but it's still annoying while we wait for that to happen. On towards a different salon next time!

• Like 4

Book Riot Challenge 2021

3 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

You know that having realistic expectations and the ability to adapt to changes in circumstances actually count as a win, right? :)

Not what you wanted counts as bad, actually. Very bad. Worse than bad - any stylist deserving of their license should have the ability to listen to the client, understand what the client wants, and to ask questions for half an hour if that's what it takes to make sure stylist and client are on the exact same page on what is being done to the client's hair.

I used to work in a full-service salon, (though not as a stylist) and what you are describing would have been considered completely unacceptable by everyone who worked there. You are absolutely right that it will grow back out, but it's still annoying while we wait for that to happen. On towards a different salon next time!

All of these things! It doesnt matter the price point either. I’ve gotten amazing twelve dollar haircuts and really awful 70 dollar cuts. Its all about the person holding the scissors and whether they are fully present and treating you with the respect you deserve, :) 

we can show off our “i had to fix this mess when I got home” hair together! Lol

• Like 2