• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

It's been awhile... Rather than try anything fancy I'm just going to load an old Assassin Creed game I've already completed and try out New Game+. This way I can ease into the gameplay and remind myself how the controller feels in my hand and what weapons work best for my style of play. Going off of memory, I'm choosing the following weapons, shields, etc...

Weapon:  Body Weight exercises 3x a week

Shield: Track food every day

Armor: No gluten 

Health Potion: 3 cups of water/tea (replacing the mega amount of coffee I drink)

Animus: Sleep 7 hours

I'm going to do a week zero and see how it goes.  I haven't been very motivated to exercise so that will be my biggest challenge.  In fact, I won't put a time limit on the amount of exercise I do in a day. I think I'll just focus on Bulgarian Split Squats, Side Planks and Push Ups.  

ad2c18fca90675be0c4175439e2fdf6c.jpg

• Like 4

Day 1 Week Zero

Weapon:  Body Weight 1/3

Shield: Tracking food 1/7

Armor:  No Gluten 1/7 

Health Potion: 3 cups of water/tea 1/7

Animus: Sleep 7 hours- I think so.

I did my push ups and squats outside while I took a walk.  Forgot about the planks so I did them this morning. 

Today is a coffee kind of day so we shall see if I can choke down some water.  Wish I liked it. Even harder to drink it when it's cloudy and damp outside.

Had a rough night of sleep, but I think I ended up with 7 hours.

• Like 1

Weapon:  Body Weight 1/3

Shield: Tracking food 2/7

Armor:  No Gluten 2/7

Health Potion: 3 cups of water/tea 1/7

Animus: Sleep 7 hours- 2/7

Pretty good day even though I missed the water goal. I had 2 glasses and just couldn’t step away from the coffee machine. I’m working extra hours this week so it’s going to be hard to get my workouts in but they are pretty quick. And I know I’ll feel better if I do them. Guess I’m out of excuses!

F360E35A-B5A5-4825-9C31-2D0FB0938D1E.jpeg

Nice start to week zero.Have you tried warm water with a bit of lemon? So hard to want to drink water on cold days, so sometimes I will do that. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Nice start to week zero.Have you tried warm water with a bit of lemon? So hard to want to drink water on cold days, so sometimes I will do that. 

I have tried that and I actually like plain hot water better. It’s sort of weird but I’ll have that some mornings in between my 1st and 2nd cup of coffee. I need to make that a habit since I crave warm drinks in the morning. 

Weapon:  Body Weight 2/3

Shield: Tracking food 3/7

Armor:  No Gluten 3/7 

Health Potion: 3 cups of water/tea 2/7

Animus: Sleep 3/7

Good workout with plenty of stretching after. Ate too much because it’s my birthday and I wanted pizza. But I kept it gluten free and tracked it. Also got in my water because I had a sinus headache and water seemed like the smart choice. All in all a solid day. 

• Like 2

Got busy with work. We are about to close our temporary library space and open our new building. Lots to do and quite a bit of physical work as well. Bins filled with boxes are seriously heavy!

Weapon:  Body Weight 2/3

Shield: Tracking food 5/7

No Gluten 4/7 

Health Potion: 3 cups of water/tea 3/7

Animus: Sleep 5/7

We had a cupcake party at work to celebrate our 2-week countdown to the new building. I made room in my diet for one glorious cupcake, gluten and all.  Missed the water goal yesterday. I had a flavored water but it had artificial sweeteners so I didn’t count it. 

I will get in a body weight work out tomorrow, I’m just too worn out from standing on concrete floors and lifting boxes. And I’m going to try to be more active on the boards starting tomorrow. 

On 5/26/2019 at 3:55 AM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Great seeing you here!

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day.

(Love the photos on Fb).

Hi!!!

Thank you!  I thought about making my recent trip to Ireland part of my challenge theme just so I could use some of the photos. :fat:

• Like 1

Week Zero wrapped up fine and was a good warm up. It let me see where I’ll struggle and also brought up some ideas for things I may want to add. Each week I’m going to add a Boss Battle! It will be something that I’ll do (or not do if it’s a bad habit) for one week. So, on to a Week 1!

———————————

WEEK 1 DAY 1

Weapon:  Body Weight 1/3

Shield: Tracking food 1/7

No Gluten: 1/7 

Health Potion: 3 cups of water/tea 1/7

Animus: 7 hrs of Sleep 0/7

BOSS BATTLE: The Jackal

No Grains! 1/7

I’ve had a lot of muscle aches and I know some of it is because I’ve been eating too many grains. Going to see if I can get them out of my system.

The Jackal

6426CF4C-29FA-413C-AFD0-6C5FAB40617F.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lightning said:

Hi!!!

Thank you!  I thought about making my recent trip to Ireland part of my challenge theme just so I could use some of the photos. :fat:

There are definitely a couple photos which might still fit in with this theme: castles (even ruins), armour, crests...

Edited by ElizeElvinFoxRyder
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

There are definitely a couple photos which might still fit in with this theme: castles (even ruins), armour, crests...

Good point. Maybe I’ll get creative this weekend and sneak a few into my challenge. The whole time we were in Ireland my daughter and I kept pointing out things would be good vantage points for an Assassin Creed game.

876D8A9E-493E-4CD3-B6C9-DA66A0908284.jpeg

• Like 3

The boys are playing one of the Assassins Creed games on XBox. They absolutely love it, then at times Rocco creeps around the house in "stealth mode". Adam just uses his abilities to be quiet and hide in dark corners to give me a fright! He is very lucky I don't have the instinctual reaction to kick or slap out when I get a fright. :D

• Haha 1

It's your challenge! You can incorporate your photos however you want. ;)

Moving is a lot of work. Glad you guys had some fun cupcakes to celebrate. :D 

• Like 1

Good point. Maybe I’ll get creative this weekend and sneak a few into my challenge. The whole time we were in Ireland my daughter and I kept pointing out things would be good vantage points for an Assassin Creed game.

876D8A9E-493E-4CD3-B6C9-DA66A0908284.thumb.jpeg.a696096b2749170652cefd3ad7b90b30.jpeg
I saw the pic and thought: that looks St. Pats! And then red you have been here in Ireland! next time you pass by, say hi!
  • Like 1

WEEK 1 DAY 2 & 3

Weapon:  Body Weight 2/3

So, the reason for the Boss Battle is because I have been having joint pain due to eating too many inflammatory foods over vacation.  Granted, some of the aches and pains are probably normal for a 49 year old assassin, but I can usually manage the pain with food.  This week I am extra achy so I'm going to modify my body weight workout.  Yesterday I walked 2 miles and did my push ups plus a few moves from an Animal Flow workout I used to do.  I'll get back to squats and side planks when I don't feel like I'm 100 years old.

Shield: Tracking food 3/7

Wasn't pretty yesterday, but I tracked.  Had drinks with some friends and that never leads to trouble :drunk:

No Gluten: 3/7 

Didn't touch the leftover cupcakes.  Feels like a win.

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea each week 8.5/21

Decided to switch this to a weekly goal so I can make up the difference if I miss a cup one day.  Seems more realistic and pushes me in a different way.

Animus: 7 hrs of Sleep 2/7

This usually isn't that hard for me, but my stress is high with work issues and feeling like I'm being pulled in too many directions with family.  Just barely got 7 hours the last 2 days. 

BOSS BATTLE: The Jackal

No Grains! 3/7

So I chose the Jackal for this battle because he is a tough Boss but the battle is pretty straightforward. Also, taking him down is extremely satisfying. Grains are like that for me. Just don't eat them and I'll feel significantly better, but it's so hard to do.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm about to take on yet another boss.  This battle will be long and arduous and could take the entire challenge to complete. This next boss is dangerously strong and slippery quick. She dodges my attacks and then summons her stone warriors to distract me.  I'm reaching the ruins that have been home to the creature for centuries. I only have a few corners to turn and then I will enter her lair and begin the fight...

dun1.jpg

dun2.jpg

abbey1.jpg

15 hours ago, Diadhuit said:
On 5/28/2019 at 8:43 PM, Lightning said:

876D8A9E-493E-4CD3-B6C9-DA66A0908284.thumb.jpeg.a696096b2749170652cefd3ad7b90b30.jpeg

I saw the pic and thought: that looks St. Pats! And then red you have been here in Ireland! next time you pass by, say hi!

I hope to go back!  We are even thinking of hoarding our vacation hours until we have enough to take off an entire month.  Would love to have enough time to settle in and just enjoy the land for awhile. Ireland is in my heart.