Lightning tries New Game+

On 5/29/2019 at 1:56 AM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

The boys are playing one of the Assassins Creed games on XBox. They absolutely love it, then at times Rocco creeps around the house in "stealth mode". Adam just uses his abilities to be quiet and hide in dark corners to give me a fright! He is very lucky I don't have the instinctual reaction to kick or slap out when I get a fright. :D

My husband has pics of me with my hoodie on skulking around in a crypt under the Christ Church. I will not be posting those. :ph34r:

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Fun idea to add a boss battle!

Thank you!  I'm starting to remember how much fun I can have with a challenge.  

21 hours ago, raptron said:

Moving is a lot of work. Glad you guys had some fun cupcakes to celebrate. :D 

Everyone at work is getting giddy and stupid.  We are so worn out, but also so very excited about our new library.  Today is the last day in our temporary space and I know I'll spend more time packing and lifting boxes of books than I will engaging patrons.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

On 5/30/2019 at 10:54 PM, Cataleya said:

Yeah no grains sounds insane. I could probably do it one day, but past that would be hard. Even if you don't want it, it feels like it's in everything.

They are EVERYWHERE!  I've tested the theory over and over and my joint pain and puffy eyes go away when I avoid grains.  

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

WEEK 1 DAYS 4 & 5

Weapon:  Body Weight 2/3

Shield: Tracking food 5/7

No Gluten: 4/7 

Health Potion: 3 cups of water/tea 4/7

Animus: 7 hrs of Sleep 4/7

BOSS BATTLE: The Jackal

No Grains! 4/7

I was doing a good job parrying the Jackal's advances but I he knocked me on my ass yesterday....  We had an "all hands on deck" work day to get the books on the shelves and set up some other areas of the library.  It was a lot of fun for me and I got to move around and lift stuff which is something I love getting paid to do.  When we broke for lunch I found out that we had sub sandwiches and cookies brought in for all of us.  There were a few people from high up in the organization that attended the lunch and for some reason that made me feel like I had to participate. My plan was to nibble a few bites of the sandwich and then go home for lunch, but I stayed the whole time and tore into the sandwich like I hadn't eaten in a week. :hororr:  It was delicious and I paid for it later with a stomach ache and hip pain.  Less learned (again!)

BOSS BATTLE #2: Medusa!

I'm going to add a second Boss battle starting today.  This one will last the entire challenge.  I'm actually currently battling Medusa in AC Odyssey and it has been a real slog.  Battling (and losing to) Medusa is tedious so this Boss Battle is all about Adulting and doing the things I don't want to do. So, by the end of this challenge I will complete the following:

Sign my son up for Driving Lessons

Complete the our final Homeschool Review with a teacher

Make plans to see an old friend

Bring a meal to my friend

Sign my son up for Fall classes

Take my car in for an oil change

Celebrate my B-day with my Mom

Schedule a massage for myself

Finish reading a book

Beat Medusa

Screen_Shot_2018-11-21_at_8.56.45_AM.png

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

I think that was a good start to the challenge.

I can totally understand that you were so hungry from lifting those boxes and books that you tore into the sandwich. Sorry that you had the pains afterwards to show for it.

Go get week 2, and Medusa (through the challenge) :D

• Thanks 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

Dang, that Medusa boss battle has a task for like each of her head snakes! 

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

WEEK 1 Wrap Up

Weapon:  Body Weight 3/3

Shield: Tracking food 7/7

No Gluten: 6/7 

Health Potion: 3 cups of water/tea 6/7

Animus: 7 hrs of Sleep 6/7

BOSS BATTLE: The Jackal

No Grains! 6/7

The Jackal was defeated!  I'm still having some hip pain so I think I'll battle him again this week and see if that take the edge off my joint pain.

Week 2 is off to a good start.  It will be more difficult to stay on plan towards the end of the week but I'll deal with that when it comes.  Lots of food temptations at work right now. Pizza was brought in for us today and we had THREE boxes of donuts.  I didn't eat any of it, just a small bag of chips. Thursday and Friday we will have a crap-ton of food again, so wish me luck!

Complete the our final Homeschool Review with a teacher  First half will be done Wednesday

Bring a meal to my friend   Done

Sign my son up for Fall classes  Done (basically. he is on the waitlist for one)

Take my car in for an oil change 

Finish reading a book Done (before I go to bed tonight)

Beat Medusa

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Such a good week 1!

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Week 2 Day 2

Weapon:  Body Weight 1/3

Going to push myself to get another set done today.  I really don't want to. Like REALLY don't want to. :beguiled:

Shield: Tracking food 2/7

No Gluten: 1/7 

Not sure if I had gluten at work so I'm just going to assume I had a small amount.

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea  4/21

Got lazy. I was super exhausted yesterday after work and just forgot. I napped a lot and drank coffee to keep myself going. I think the intensity at work plus high pollen count got to me. 

Animus: 7 hrs of Sleep 2/7

Pretty sure I slept 10 hours if you include naps.

BOSS BATTLE Redo: The Jackal

No Grains! 1/7

Oh well.  Skipped the donuts, the cookies, and the pizza. But the homemade key lime cheesecake was too much. It was actually fantastic and I didn't retreat a single bite. Some things are worth a little taste and this is one of those things for me. 

Complete the our final Homeschool Review with a teacher  First half will be done Today

Sign my son up for Fall classes  Done (basically. he is on the waitlist for one)

Take my car in for an oil change  Done!

Finish reading a book Done 

Beat Medusa

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

WEEK 2 DAY 3

Shield: Tracking food 3/7

No Gluten: 2/7 

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea 7/21

Animus: 7 hrs of Sleep 3/7

VERY up and down day. Ended up having a great workout but had a not-so-great food day.  I kept getting hit with waves of good news then bad news and I couldn’t get my mind right. 

I did some thinking and I believe my issue is that I was settling into a good rhythm and lately life has been tossing out little roadblocks. Once my work schedule is back to normal and my daughter is settled into her apartment and my son has his summer job I will have a little more control over my time. There is bigger “stuff” going on with my husbands job but I’m going to have to trust him to navigate that. And there is stuff with my Mom and friends that I feel like I’m neglecting but I just can’t be there for everybody and have to let that shit go. 

BOSS BATTLE: Jackal (no grains)

1/7

Oooops.

BOSS BATTLE #2: Medusa!

Complete the our final Homeschool Review with a teacher  done!!!

Make plans to see an old friend Done

Sign my son up for Fall classes  Done

Beat Medusa

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

I love how you skipped the pizza an donuts, and then made the decision to enjoy the key lime pie. I think that is super sustainable. Sometimes  the tendency is to think we always have to say no, but  letting ourselves enjoy the treats helps us to say no the things that we are only meh about.

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

19 hours ago, Lightning said:

And there is stuff with my Mom and friends that I feel like I’m neglecting but I just can’t be there for everybody and have to let that shit go.

image.png.ccc1e98e8916209f3b67305196379229.png

As Brandt told me recently, even if I wanted to help, I can't if I'm not emotionally healthy or in a position to help. It would do more harm to me. So ... yes... let it go, and focus on keeping yourself emotionally healthy. *hugs*

• Like 2

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

Week 2 Days 4-6

Weapon:  Body Weight 3/3  (I adapted one workout due to soreness)

Shield: Tracking food 6/7

No Gluten: 2/7 

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea 17/21

Animus: 7 hrs of Sleep 6/7

I knew this week would be difficult.  I struggled mightly with no-grains and even staying gluten free due to my weird schedule, poor planning and temptations. We had our big grand opening at the Library on Thursday and then a special Family Day on Friday.  I ended up working extra hours one of those days and wasn't prepared so I grabbed food from the break room.  Then Friday was an 8-hour day that turned into 10.  I spent the whole day on my feet and by the time my family arrived for a special tour of the building I was depleted and easily succumbed to the catered food that we had for the event.  I'm not too torn up about it though.  It was a very unusual week and I still managed to get in 3 workouts, most of my water, maintained decent sleep and tracked all the food.

BOSS BATTLE: Jackal (no grains)

1/7  Yeah, I'm going to have to respawn on this one.

Celebrate my B-day with my Mom  (will do that this Thursday)

Beat Medusa in the game Done!!!!!!!!! IT was sooooo difficult!

Had to research how other gamers managed to kill Medusa. I discovered a whole new aspect to the game regarding leveling up my gear and abilities. I feel like a real gamer now :congratulatory:

killmedusa.jpg

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

On 6/6/2019 at 1:09 PM, Elastigirl said:

I love how you skipped the pizza an donuts, and then made the decision to enjoy the key lime pie. I think that is super sustainable. Sometimes  the tendency is to think we always have to say no, but  letting ourselves enjoy the treats helps us to say no the things that we are only meh about.

Thank you.  That's what I'm trying to do.  It's easier when I'm in maintenance and there is more wiggle room for special foods/meals. 

On 6/7/2019 at 2:30 AM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

image.png.ccc1e98e8916209f3b67305196379229.png

As Brandt told me recently, even if I wanted to help, I can't if I'm not emotionally healthy or in a position to help. It would do more harm to me. So ... yes... let it go, and focus on keeping yourself emotionally healthy. *hugs*

Very true, I just think I need a lot more 'alone time' than most people.  I think it makes me look selfish or appears that I don't care.  I just need more time to build up my reserves and also have to be careful not to take other people's pain/stress/worries and make them my own.

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

20 hours ago, Lightning said:

Very true, I just think I need a lot more 'alone time' than most people.  I think it makes me look selfish or appears that I don't care.  I just need more time to build up my reserves and also have to be careful not to take other people's pain/stress/worries and make them my own.

I understand that. We have a similar situation here in the house. Adam and I are very similar in temperament. We need a lot more alone time to build up our reserves. Rocco and Brandt on the other hand don't need/want a lot of alone time.

As long as you know you aren't selfish, and that you do care. At some point you can try to explain it to family, if it comes up, and they don't understand. Most people will understand, some won't. But you also can't worry about that, because you have to do what is best for you.

• Thanks 1

Stormie Omartian

Week 2 Round-up

I did one extra long workout on the rings, a yoga and animal flow workout, and a 2 mile walk with planks.  Plus I did miles of walking at work this week.

Shield: Tracking food 7/7

Tracked it all, the good, the bad and the ugly.

No Gluten3/7

Might be 4 out of 7 but it doesn't matter.  I'm feeling all kinds of hip pain and my eyes are super puffy.  I'm making this goal extra important next week.

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea 21/21

Had extra water yesterday to hit my weekly goal.

Animus: 7 hrs of Sleep 7/7

This has been easy since I've been exhausted most evenings. Although staying asleep is usually the hard part.

BOSS BATTLE: Jackal (no grains)

1/7  Too much going on for me to take this on right now.  I'm going to allow myself to have corn for the rest of the challenge but try to stay away from all other grains.

Celebrate my B-day with my Mom  (will do that this Thursday)

Schedule a massage for myself (made the phone call just waiting to hear back)

Finish reading a book Done (actually finished 2 and should have a 3rd done this week) 

Beat Medusa in the game Done

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Great job on the week, double bonus for doing so well on a busy week

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 6/10/2019 at 5:56 PM, Elastigirl said:

Agree! Medusa fell! The Jackal won't last long between week 3 and week 4. Corn isn't gluten, but ok, it is a grain. Wanted to say I think you can get away with that one, as it shouldn't give you gluten problems. *shrug* not sure. Stay strong and treat yourself to some me-time in whatever form you can.

Stormie Omartian

On 6/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, Elastigirl said:

Thanks!

On 6/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Agree! Medusa fell! The Jackal won't last long between week 3 and week 4. Corn isn't gluten, but ok, it is a grain. Wanted to say I think you can get away with that one, as it shouldn't give you gluten problems. *shrug* not sure. Stay strong and treat yourself to some me-time in whatever form you can.

I have joint issues with most grains.  Wheat causes joint pain AND stomach issues so that is the one I try to be strict with.  But, I feel better when I limit all grains.

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Typed in all my Week 3 stuff and it didn't post.  Sooooo, here is a quick breakdown

Medusa is complete.  All the tasks are done.

I'm on pace to at complete at least 80% on all my other tasks. Water  and tracking will likely not be 100%

Had a home-cooked (gluten free ) birthday meal at my Mom's house.  Hip is getting better but, I'm babying it this week. I'll be back later with more and to pop in to everyone's challenges.

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Week 3 Round-up

Focused on movement rather than specific exercises since my hip is still an issue. Went for 3 walks and spent 2 days helping my daughter move. Also did a 30 minute yoga session.

Shield: Tracking food 5/7

Took 2 days off. Was only supposed to be 1 but no harm done. 

No Gluten: 6/7

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea 16/21

Forgot one day then had a couple of misses. 

Week 2 Round-up

I did one extra long workout on the rings, a yoga and animal flow workout, and a 2 mile walk with planks.  Plus I did miles of walking at work this week.

Tracked it all, the good, the bad and the ugly.

No Gluten: 3/7

Might be 4 out of 7 but it doesn't matter.  I'm feeling all kinds of hip pain and my eyes are super puffy.  I'm making this goal extra important next week.

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea 21/21

Had extra water yesterday to hit my weekly goal.

This has been easy since I've been exhausted most evenings. Although staying asleep is usually the hard part.

BOSS BATTLE: Jackal (no grains)

1/7  Too much going on for me to take this on right now.  I'm going to allow myself to have corn for the rest of the challenge but try to stay away from all other grains.

Sign my son up for Driving Lessons done

Complete the our final Homeschool done

Review with a teacher  done!!!

Celebrate my B-day with my Mom  done

Schedule a massage for myself done

Finish reading a book Done (actually finished 2 and should have a 3rd done this week) 

Beat Medusa in the game Done

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Dang, doing great! 

• Thanks 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Didn't mean to go dark!  This happens a lot with me, stuff comes up and this takes a back seat.  I used to beat myself over it and then quit the site because I felt like I was "doing it wrong". Well, this is just how I have to do my challenges.  NF helps keep me accountable even when I'm not logging in.   I will never be as active on the boards as I'd like to be and that is going to have to be okay.  

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Week 4 Round-Up

Shark Week happened and I lost ALL motivation.  That happens sometimes and I've learned to honor the need for rest.  I did make myself go out for a walk for my 3rd exercise session but the pushups and squats I had planned just didn't happen.

Was a little loose with the tracking but I'm still weighing in at 135 so, I think I'm just starting to figure out what maintenance is for me.

No Gluten: 7/7

We had a luau at work and people brought in a lot of good looking foods.  I may have gotten a whisper of gluten in a meatball I had, but think I navigated it well.

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea  NO CLUE

Totally bagged on this.  I just hate drinking water.  I'm going to have to take baby steps with this.  In the past I tracked anything that didn't have caffeine or calories.  Might do that again.

I slept 10 hours Friday night and again Saturday night.  Shark week is no joke when you are staring perimenopause in the face.

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

37 minutes ago, Lightning said:

Well, this is just how I have to do my challenges.  NF helps keep me accountable even when I'm not logging in.   I will never be as active on the boards as I'd like to be and that is going to have to be okay.  

AND IT IS OKAY! We're here for you no matter how often you check in. :)

25 minutes ago, Lightning said:

Health Potion: 21 cups of water/tea  NO CLUE

Totally bagged on this.  I just hate drinking water.  I'm going to have to take baby steps with this.  In the past I tracked anything that didn't have caffeine or calories.  Might do that again.

Lemon water? Ginger water? Those little like squirts of fake flavor (while not perfect definitely still help with hydration)?

25 minutes ago, Lightning said:

I slept 10 hours Friday night and again Saturday night.  Shark week is no joke when you are staring perimenopause in the face.

SLEEP IS GOOD THO.

• Thanks 1

Raptron, alot assassin