[Sylvaa] Is An Athlete - Part II

Good to see you rebounding. Getting shit done too.

tenor.gif?itemid=10584134

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It’s nice to see you bouncing back.

I am absolutely resilient. 

This week is going fairly smoothly. I haven't eaten my weight in sweets or anything and bought enough healthy foods for lunch through the week (which is generally my downfall when I'm at home). I've made it to the gym and for runs as expected and been making progress in getting the house cleaned up before we have guests over this weekend. I'm still a bit stir crazy or something though. Just not settled. I think everything has kind of calmed down around here and I'm just not sure what to do. 

Two other things; I've signed up for a CAPM class to be able to sit for the certification exam. I'm actually pretty excited, as this is something I have been looking into for a while (I actually wanted to do this as part of my MBA, but it didn't work out at the time), so it should be fun. I'm not really sure what the heck I want to do long term work wise, but I know that I need to do something if I want to change my current state. I've been applying for jobs, but it's been difficult, so I'm hoping this opens some more doors.

Also, we signed up for one of those not pretty freggie boxes. Our first one should be at the house on Friday. I've wanted to try one for a while, but it's been hard to find one that will deliver to our house (this one doesn't guarantee local produce, which is good and bad). I am excited that I was able to choose to have delivery on Friday, so I'll have the weekend to cook / eat the freggies (since regardless of what the kids say, it will primarily be me). As of right now, the kids say they are super excited, however I think they are envisioning 10 pounds of fruit showing up at the door, when in reality it's probably going to be like 15 pounds of kale. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

As of right now, the kids say they are super excited, however I think they are envisioning 10 pounds of fruit showing up at the door, when in reality it's probably going to be like 15 pounds of kale.

I laughed way too hard at this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I'm super late to the party but sending all the hugs for all the crap that's been happening. <3

9 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I've signed up for a CAPM class to be able to sit for the certification exam.

I know it's a while away now, but let me know how the exam goes? Even though I took my project management class 2 years ago apparently I'm eligible to take the exam forever? It's a lot more related to your career than mine, but I've been thinking about doing it anyway. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 hours ago, fleaball said:

I know it's a while away now, but let me know how the exam goes? Even though I took my project management class 2 years ago apparently I'm eligible to take the exam forever? It's a lot more related to your career than mine, but I've been thinking about doing it anyway. 

As long as you received something that shows you completed the course, you should be eligible. Although, according to the class I am taking, not everyone is even audited (which would be the only reason to need that - and I would assume a transcript from the course should be sufficient). 

I mean, I don't see that it would hurt - the certification is good for five years, which would give you plenty of time to figure out if you'll use it going forward (and it seems like that that time, a lot of people go on to their PMP). 

• Like 2

Wow, I'm not doing a great job of updating my own thread now am I? 

Work is really busy and I am on vacation next week, so I'm trying to make sure I actually get to enjoy a week of work. So I'm perusing threads as normal, but probably not interacting as well as I should.

We got our first ugly freggie box on Friday and it was amazing! I was kind of worried, because it took until Thursday night for me to get any kind of tracking information and at the time it was in New Jersey, so I questioned how it was going to get to us in time, but it did. We ended up with peaches, apples, baby bok choy, lettuce, a candy cane beet, some kale, onions, and potatoes. There might have been more, but I can't remember at the moment. We've eaten through most of it already and I made a beet and kale salad with bacon that was actually pretty yummy. We are scheduled to get a box every Friday, so I'm still excited to see the next one. Also, since I'll be home next week, it'll be easier to eat it all. 

I ran 3.5 miles on Saturday. It was really hot when I ran (I posted about it in the 5K PVP) due to some timing issues that came up, but I got through it. I've actually been doing a really good job sticking to my workouts, although I'm still trying to figure out a way to incorporate more strength training into my routine. More to follow on this one. I'm definitely seeing running improvements though, I think the Yancy program is actually helping me! 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Work is really busy and I am on vacation next week, so I'm trying to make sure I actually get to enjoy a week of work. So I'm perusing threads as normal, but probably not interacting as well as I should.

We got our first ugly freggie box on Friday and it was amazing! I was kind of worried, because it took until Thursday night for me to get any kind of tracking information and at the time it was in New Jersey, so I questioned how it was going to get to us in time, but it did. We ended up with peaches, apples, baby bok choy, lettuce, a candy cane beet, some kale, onions, and potatoes. There might have been more, but I can't remember at the moment. We've eaten through most of it already and I made a beet and kale salad with bacon that was actually pretty yummy. We are scheduled to get a box every Friday, so I'm still excited to see the next one. Also, since I'll be home next week, it'll be easier to eat it all. 

I ran 3.5 miles on Saturday. It was really hot when I ran (I posted about it in the 5K PVP) due to some timing issues that came up, but I got through it. I've actually been doing a really good job sticking to my workouts, although I'm still trying to figure out a way to incorporate more strength training into my routine. More to follow on this one. I'm definitely seeing running improvements though, I think the Yancy program is actually helping me! 

I have appreciated the likes. :)

That ugly freggie box sounds amazing. I've never heard of candy cane beets! I had to google it, and they're really quite pretty! how do they taste in comparison to other beets? Are they pretty beety?  

I'm really glad you're sticking to the workouts! I can't wait to hear more about it! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

That ugly freggie box sounds amazing. I've never heard of candy cane beets! I had to google it, and they're really quite pretty! how do they taste in comparison to other beets? Are they pretty beety?  

For the small box, it's only like $24 (with shipping) for a weekly box. So it's been worthwhile cost wise - as long as I use the stuff. The kids were really excited, because I think they thought they were going to get this huge box of fruit, but none of them tried the beets. :rolleyes: Oh! there was also a butternut squash in there - the kids all loved that roasted. 

I didn't think it was as dirt-like as red beets. I roasted it first, then ended up warming up in bacon grease, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I really ended up liking them. I feel like they were a bit sweeter than red ones. 

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm really glad you're sticking to the workouts! I can't wait to hear more about it! 

I spend hours a week on the treadmill at 15% incline. That's my life right now. Not really, but kind of. I signed up for an online small group training thing a few months ago that is OCR based. I really like it now that I've stuck to it and focused on improving. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I was gonna ask how that first 15 lbs of kale was.

• Haha 1

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

On 6/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, Sylvaa said:

Oh same here.
giphy.gif
The freggie box sounds like a great idea... I should look into something like that, so I'm bound to have more vegetables than what I'd choose myself at the store.

• Like 2

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

My own page!  // Instagram

Found your thread!! I'm sorry your challenge started off with such a challenge. That's never easy to go through. But I'm glad that you are bouncing back and hitting goals. 

What is this work tomato thing? I picture you just eating tomatoes at work...

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

1 hour ago, RedPandaOne said:

What is this work tomato thing? I picture you just eating tomatoes at work...

Don't judge me! I <3 tomatoes! :D 

I use the Pomodoro Technique to keep myself productive at work. My work computer came with a tomato timer available, with a 25:5 (work to rest) ratio, so I use that on an almost daily basis (with the exception of meetings, which I count as one tomato regardless of length). 

• Like 3
On 6/5/2019 at 11:34 AM, Sylvaa said:

Don't judge me! I <3 tomatoes! :D 

I use the Pomodoro Technique to keep myself productive at work. My work computer came with a tomato timer available, with a 25:5 (work to rest) ratio, so I use that on an almost daily basis (with the exception of meetings, which I count as one tomato regardless of length). 

That's awesome

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Ditto was RES said. That is really cool. If I was actually busy at work, I would adopt that myself. 

And hey, I don't like tomatoes so I will gladly give you any I don't eat to you. So no judging there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

5 hours ago, RedPandaOne said:

And hey, I don't like tomatoes so I will gladly give you any I don't eat to you. So no judging there.

Ditto this! I can't eat tomatoes (nightshades) so you can have my share as well :D 

• Like 1

Spoiler

The Italian in me adores the idea of extra tomatoes!

In all actuality, it's been super helpful with getting work done. My initial goal was 5 tomatoes a day, but I've worked myself up to at least 8. It's kept me more focused and helped me to get more things done than I have previously. I have a really nice daily journal that I got for Christmas, so when I get additional tasks, I write them down. Usually, my Friday's are spent cleaning up any unfinished tasks from the week. I also have a standing task in Outlook (it's what we use at work) every Friday, where I track follow up. So (for example), if I was waiting for a return e-mail and I gave 10 days for a response, I write it in my standing task with the Friday that I need to follow up. It's not a perfect solution, but I lose track of a lot fewer things these days.

So I officially have a high school graduate now! He doesn't walk the stage until Tuesday, but classes are over. I am super happy for him! Yay! My parents and brother are driving up from Florida to visit for the week and to attend graduation (also, to go out for dinner, because we are going to an all-you-can-eat crab house). I'm taking vacation also. I'm not sure what exactly we will do all week, but I guess we will figure it out as we go along. 

I've also decided to take the weekend "off" from working out. I'm going to hit my run days, but I'm waiting until Monday to start my new lifting program. This will be in conjunction with my current OCR program, as a supplement. The taking the weekend off is more about not having time to fit it into the next few days and not wanting to make myself crazy because I want to get my workouts in, but I can't.

• Like 10
7 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I've also decided to take the weekend "off" from working out. I'm going to hit my run days, but I'm waiting until Monday to start my new lifting program. This will be in conjunction with my current OCR program, as a supplement. The taking the weekend off is more about not having time to fit it into the next few days and not wanting to make myself crazy because I want to get my workouts in, but I can't.

Sounds like the smart thing to do!

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Good morning my darlings!

I'm back baby! Last week was so amazing and refreshing. I did a whole lot of nothing (I did get my house cleaned before my parents came), got to watch my son walk the stage, and went to an AYCE crab restaurant. I spent very little time online, except for playing some D3 with my husband. We played a bunch of card games, including finishing the first Pathfinder Adventure. I did all of my workouts, including my runs. Although today I am super sore due to squats on Saturday, then a 3.5 mile run on Sunday. I just ended up spending a lot of time with the kids, which was amazing. 

This week, I'm back on the road. Tonight is a gym night, tomorrow run, Wednesday gym, then Thursday rest. I've got a lot of things to do to get caught up, but this week is short on the meetings so far. (Yay!). 

• Like 8

Sounds like an amazing week!!

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

15 hours ago, RES said:

Sounds like an amazing week!!

It was really nice! It was a reminder of how nice it is not to travel either. I have another week at home coming up in a few weeks and I'm already looking forward to it (going to my son's new student orientation for college). 

Also, I didn't mention it earlier, but it appears my step-son is going to be living with us full time. He talked to us this weekend about not wanting to sleep at his mom's house anymore. This actually surprised me a bit as I didn't think he would get to the point where he cared where he slept (out of all of the kids, he is the most laid back; very little seems to rattle him). I'll most likely find out how this conversation goes on Thursday when I get home. 

And a look into the mind of Sylvaa. Last night at the gym included deadlifts. The way my current program is structured, I have 10 minutes to complete at least 15 DL's. If I can't get the 15, then I stay at that weight until I can. Well, after the gym, my back was a little tight. Not like, I hurt my back, but that it was sore. So of course I did what any good new lifter would do and asked for a form check next time I did them. And was feeling a bit frustrated, thinking that I already didn't have good form with such a light weight. .... Until I realized that the weight was 78% of my body weight. (I woke up this morning just fine. I think it was just from the change in routine. I am still going to get a form check, but I didn't hurt my back). 

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

thinking that I already didn't have good form with such a light weight. .... Until I realized that the weight was 78% of my body weight.

:o :o :o 

Glad you didn't hurt yourself!

• Like 3

Spoiler