• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

JessFit

JessFit's Time to Grow

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Maybe I should just change all my challenge goals to "survive" 

 

That's the reward. Rewards can't be goals ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Tonight is girls night. I've promised myself the gym after, but that was before I got a text from my property manager that I have to have my apartment clean for showings tomorrow.


Ugh. Cleaning instead of deadlifts? Such a disappointing swap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spent the bulk of the last week helping a friend move. She's a single mom with a 4 year old so I spent a lot of the week child wrangling. I got very little of my own packing done and didn't make it to the gym at all. Basically failed all my own goals this week... stress eating, no gym, zero chin up work, but I guess I got in cardio when I took the small human to swim in the lake. I do not begrudge her the time I spent helping her, but I'm closing in 4 days and I'm a bit panicked now. The upside is that I've got 30 days til the move, the downside is that I'm hella busy in those 30 days. I've got the bulk of my books and my kitchen packed, which is good. I'm trying to buy fewer groceries and eat through what I've got so I have less to move. I'm constantly putting stuff in the give away bag. I really really really need to dedicate myself to packing up my craft room. 

 

This morning I went to the gym at work, because sleep is a thing I'm not real good at lately. I was supposed to squat 170 but I only worked up to 135. I'm not a morning gym kind of person, but any workout is better than no workout right now. 

 

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JessFit said:

 The upside is that I've got 30 days til the move, the downside is that I'm hella busy in those 30 days. I've got the bulk of my books and my kitchen packed, which is good. I'm trying to buy fewer groceries and eat through what I've got so I have less to move. I'm constantly putting stuff in the give away bag. I really really really need to dedicate myself to packing up my craft room. 


Good luck. My theory is that the packing will expand or contract to fill the available time. So you'll be okay. But stressed. But okay. 

Ooooh, you have a 170lb squat? Noice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Harriet said:


Good luck. My theory is that the packing will expand or contract to fill the available time. So you'll be okay. But stressed. But okay. 

Ooooh, you have a 170lb squat? Noice. 

You're probably right. I just know that I don't have any free weekends between now and the move, and I'm traveling for work, trying to paint the new place, etc. So I don't want my focus to have to be on packing.

 

As for my squat, THANK YOU! I get frustrated because my best squat in the last year has been 200 lbs for 2 singles. Previously my best was 250 for a single, I accept that I took 2 years off but I sometimes get frustrated when I'm "only" repping 170 since my comeback. Its nice to be reminded that I'm actually maybe a little strong lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blerg, also stressing about packing! i have no idea where I'll find the time so hopefully what Harriet says is true :) I actually just put a calendar reminder in after catching up on your thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 1:13 PM, JessFit said:

You're probably right. I just know that I don't have any free weekends between now and the move, and I'm traveling for work, trying to paint the new place, etc. So I don't want my focus to have to be on packing.

 

As for my squat, THANK YOU! I get frustrated because my best squat in the last year has been 200 lbs for 2 singles. Previously my best was 250 for a single, I accept that I took 2 years off but I sometimes get frustrated when I'm "only" repping 170 since my comeback. Its nice to be reminded that I'm actually maybe a little strong lol. 


250lb!

 

 giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d0267f55752737755

I guess you are a bit strong :) I can totally understand the impatience. But I guess if you've done it once, you can do it again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I close on the condo tomorrow, eeeeek. I did the mentally beneficial thing yesterday and took half a day off work to pack up my sewing room. I'm so glad I did. It was necessary. I've also got my new to me porch furniture painted. I had a great lift on Tuesday where I busted through my bench plateau and repped out 95 lbs for 3 sets of 5. 90 is usually my sticking point and I'm hoping that I can continue to make progress. I'm still eating my stress (and getting too busy and forgetting meal prep) but I'm staying stable in weight. I did 2 full days of chin up work this week and one yoga class, all of which contribute to my goals. 

 

Sorry I'm not being as active on the forums, I'm catching up on everyone every few days though. Hugs

 

Goal 1:  85.12%/80% compliant. 

Goal 2: Chin-up and pull-up work 4x a week: 5/20

Goal 3: Lift 2X week.  7/10

Goal 4: Cardio 1x/week: 7/5

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JessFit said:

I close on the condo tomorrow, eeeeek. I did the mentally beneficial thing yesterday and took half a day off work to pack up my sewing room. I'm so glad I did. It was necessary. I've also got my new to me porch furniture painted. I had a great lift on Tuesday where I busted through my bench plateau and repped out 95 lbs for 3 sets of 5. 90 is usually my sticking point and I'm hoping that I can continue to make progress. I'm still eating my stress (and getting too busy and forgetting meal prep) but I'm staying stable in weight. I did 2 full days of chin up work this week and one yoga class, all of which contribute to my goals. 

EEEEEK so soon!!! Props to you for still fitting in the chin-ups and yoga in the midst of a busy week. Taking some time off to pack sounds smart as well, and awesome that you've got the patio furniture all set to go too.

 

Also, HUZZAH for breaking through a lift plateau - that's gotta be a satisfying feeling.

 

43 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Sorry I'm not being as active on the forums, I'm catching up on everyone every few days though. Hugs

0 apology needed there - move week does that to everyone, I think!

 

43 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Goal 1:  85.12%/80% compliant. 

Goal 2: Chin-up and pull-up work 4x a week: 5/20

Goal 3: Lift 2X week.  7/10

Goal 4: Cardio 1x/week: 7/5

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, Harriet said:

Awesome benches! Wizard plates for 5! 

WIZARD PLATES! WOOO WOO!

I will get to 135, some day, for at least one! I WILL! 

 

 

So, I'm a home owner now... yikes. Dad came to visit this weekend and he works nights so I ended up awake from 3am Saturday morning to 1am Sunday. He slept a chunk of hours mid day. I got far too few hours of sleep this weekend, but whatever. I'm dropping the ball on everything. No meal prep, haven't eaten an on-plan meal in 4 days, etc. That being said, thanks to stress, I've actually lost 1.5lbs. 

 

Squatted on Thursday, 170x5x3. I wasn't feeling it, so after the second set I wrote my squats down in my log as "completed," because then I HAD to do them. It worked and I got them done. Yay. Bench again tomorrow night. Holding myself to 2 days a week seems to be doing the trick during this crazy move time. I did, however, get upwards of 10K steps 5 of the last 7 days, and upwards of 9k steps the other 2. Not bad for a powerlifter with a desk job lol. I also got 48 flights of stairs on Friday, because 3rd floor to 3rd floor without elevators while moving basic stuff in gets you a whole lot of stairs.

 

Goal 1:  82.61%/80% compliant. 

Goal 2: Chin-up and pull-up work 4x a week: 6/20

Goal 3: Lift 2X week.  8/10

Goal 4: Cardio 1x/week: 7/5

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations, homeowner!

 

I'm glad you made it through the whole dad situation. Hopefully he's appreciative of your efforts. I have also found myself resorting to 2 days a week instead of my preferred 3-4 due to random business. It's better than nothing! I'm also learning to respect the "incidental exercise" in these busy times. Embrace those steps and floors! I'm sure there will be plenty more of them in the process of making your new house into a home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

Congrats on your new home! :D So exciting!

 

And you did great keeping up with everything as best as you could! Sometimes life throws you a wrench, but you made it through. (And 48 flights of stairs does indeed count as a workout. My hamstrings just quivered at the thought lol)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JessFit said:

I also got 48 flights of stairs on Friday, because 3rd floor to 3rd floor without elevators while moving basic stuff in gets you a whole lot of stairs. 

 

My leg muscles are crying just from me reading that. Ouch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JessFit said:

Squatted on Thursday, 170x5x3. I wasn't feeling it, so after the second set I wrote my squats down in my log as "completed," because then I HAD to do them. It worked and I got them done.


Aha! Magic! So, if I write down that I did deadlifts for 190lb, will I then do them because I will have to have done them? Or does it only work for weights you can already hoist but don't want to? 

 

3 hours ago, JessFit said:

So, I'm a home owner now

 

Congrats! May your home be cosy and sturdy and catfull. Or dogfull. Or peaceful. Whatever you prefer.

 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d07ec5c6a744e4a67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

And you did great keeping up with everything as best as you could! Sometimes life throws you a wrench, but you made it through. (And 48 flights of stairs does indeed count as a workout. My hamstrings just quivered at the thought lol)

 

 

23 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

My leg muscles are crying just from me reading that. Ouch.

Funny story, my mother (aka my favorite travel buddy) cannot pass a tower without wanting to climb it... it is physically impossible for her to not stop and inquire. We've climbed towers and belfries in multiple states and countries. In November in San Diego we did 50 floors one day, in September the Cologne Cathedral got us to 67 floors in about 30 minutes. I fully have to train at the gym to keep up with my 57 year old mother when we do things! (Side note: she lives in Arizona and volunteers at multiple state parks and hikes about 3 days a week year round. Last week she just hiked the Grand Canyon, again... She lives the active life. I train for the active life as I stare out the gym window at snow and rain. Stupid Iowa.) I was like, "ugh, moving sucks, 48 flights today and that was just some snacks and basic toiletries and cleaning supplies." She goes, "Wow, wimp." Thanks Mom! Hahahaha she said it with love though. 

 

15 minutes ago, Harriet said:


Aha! Magic! So, if I write down that I did deadlifts for 190lb, will I then do them because I will have to have done them? Or does it only work for weights you can already hoist but don't want to? 

I think this is the ideal method for the "I think I can, but I'm not positive," moments. Still, go ahead and give the magic a try, you're totally gonna hit that 190 DL soon anyway! 

 

 

16 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Congrats! May your home be cosy and sturdy and catfull. Or dogfull. Or peaceful. Whatever you prefer.

I prefer it to be a small zoo, but my HOA would have issues with that... I travel too much for it to be dogfull even though I'm desperately in want of a doggo but I hope the kitty enjoys it. 

 

On the dogfull note, I found my new favorite sport this weekend! I attended the Dachshund Derby and it is EXACTLY what it sounds like. Random weiner dogs racing. The athletes have a 100% chance of stealing your significant other but they're so cute you totally understand it. Attached photo is of Bear, he got kind of excited by all the people and never left the starting line, he was too busy trying to make friends with all the people around him. 12/10 still a great weiner. 

 

 

IMG_9291.jpg

IMG_9308.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JessFit said:

On the dogfull note, I found my new favorite sport this weekend! I attended the Dachshund Derby and it is EXACTLY what it sounds like. Random weiner dogs racing. The athletes have a 100% chance of stealing your significant other but they're so cute you totally understand it. Attached photo is of Bear, he got kind of excited by all the people and never left the starting line, he was too busy trying to make friends with all the people around him. 12/10 still a great weiner. 

 

20 hours ago, JessFit said:

IMG_9308.jpg

giphy.gif

I fully endorse this sport. 100%.

 

Also your mom sounds cool :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG those dachshund race photos are the cutest!

 

And CONGRATULATIONS on being an official homeowner - that's got to feel good, and best of luck with all the moving stuff, fingers crossed your whole process is as smooth as possible! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I hung out with a parrot, got my hair colored, and benched 100lbs for sets! I'm SO EXCITED! I've not benched this much in 2.5 years, and I've never benched this much at this low of a body weight. My best ever bench was 120 for a single, and I'm desperate to overtake that number. 

 

I'm so exhausted and I have so much to do that meal prep has fallen to the side. I'm too stressed to sleep well, and too tired to function well. I'm thankful that my lifts are going as well as they are considering I'm fried.

Goal 1:  83.67%/80% compliant. 

Goal 2: Chin-up and pull-up work 4x a week: 7/20

Goal 3: Lift 2X week.  9/10

Goal 4: Cardio 1x/week: 7/5

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job on the big bench numbers! And honestly, it's incredible that you're able to maintain that sort of routine when going through the home-buying process.

 

You're crushing it! Nice job!

 

Edit: How did I forget to comment on the parrot?? By the way, what?!

Edited by Deckard Gainz
Parrot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JessFit said:

Yesterday I hung out with a parrot, got my hair colored, and benched 100lbs for sets! I'm SO EXCITED! I've not benched this much in 2.5 years, and I've never benched this much at this low of a body weight. My best ever bench was 120 for a single, and I'm desperate to overtake that number. 

 

Nice Benching! 100lb is excellent. 

 

But what colour? And what parrot? I miss the parrots of my hometown. So bright and screechy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now