• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

39 minutes ago, deftona said:

As someone who always comes out as either Slytherin or Gryffindor, I take exception to you having to protest so much there may be such a thing as a good Slytherin. 

#JusticeForTheAmbitiousWe'reNotAlwaysEvil

Seconded as a Slytherin married to a Slytherin, both with solid Ravenclaw tendencies!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deftona said:

As someone who always comes out as either Slytherin or Gryffindor, I take exception to you having to protest so much there may be such a thing as a good Slytherin. 

#JusticeForTheAmbitiousWe'reNotAlwaysEvil

WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO? HAVE YOU NOT READ MY TITLE?!?!?!

Girl, I know this. 

I have this conversation with my nephew often. That Slytherin's aren't all dark wizards. Because he's a Gryffindor and he's like "Slytherin is evil!" but let's face it, he was totally sad that Harry Potter wasn't in Slytherin. BUT he'll never admit that now. But before he started reading the books, he chose Slytherin. :D:D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sciread77 said:

Seconded as a Slytherin married to a Slytherin, both with solid Ravenclaw tendencies!

*eye rolls* I know not all Slytherins are bad, but they weren't all sunshine and rainbows in the books either. People hear Slytherin and think "EVIL" 

WHY AM I DEFENDING THIS?!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

*eye rolls* I know not all Slytherins are bad, but they weren't all sunshine and rainbows in the books either. People hear Slytherin and think "EVIL" 

WHY AM I DEFENDING THIS?!

Who needs sunshine and rainbows when you have pasty skin and UNLIMITED POWER? *cackles*

Ahem.

*straightens tie and sips tea*

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Who needs sunshine and rainbows when you have pasty skin and UNLIMITED POWER? *cackles*

Ahem.

*straightens tie and sips tea*

***laughs*** That's wonderful!!!

2 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

I have a lot of reservations about Gryffindors myself. 

I'm a Gryffindor with strong Hufflepuff traits. We can be pretty obnoxious :D

• Like 1

I cried a lot today. It was a breakthrough, and a confrontation of feelings that I've been living with for so long I didn't even realize I've been holding onto this mindset. this belief that I had completely failed at life and as a result I'd given up on actually having one, and just making these half hearted dreams and challenges. It looks great on paper. I just don't really believe it's going to happen for me. So my dad who NEVER confronts me basically said "Stop giving up! Recognize the good in YOU and channel that to take your life back from the shitty things that have happened to you."

I feel awful and wonderful at the same time. and ready to sleep for like 12 hours.

• Like 4

I’m glad to hear that. He’s right. And now is a great time for good sleep ASAP. That’ll help solidify those understandings and the associated emotions in your mind. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sciread77 said:

I’m glad to hear that. He’s right. And now is a great time for good sleep ASAP. That’ll help solidify those understandings and the associated emotions in your mind. 

You are right. Goodnight! And thank you!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I feel awful and wonderful at the same time. and ready to sleep for like 12 hours.

Hope the after cry sleep went really well. Sometimes those can be the best sleeps ever! 

I get what you are going through, although my experience is definitely different from yours. All I can say is that I'm glad your dad called you out and hopefully will continue to be supportive as you figure out how you are going to make your life the one you want to be living. <3

Unrelated: I always get mad at the HP quizzes, because I 100% am ALWAYS Hufflepuff. Not that there is anything wrong with being a Hufflepuff, but I kind of always felt that I should test Ravenclaw.

a2790a8062f325e85505a9f084bc0f50.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Hope the after cry sleep went really well. Sometimes those can be the best sleeps ever! 

I get what you are going through, although my experience is definitely different from yours. All I can say is that I'm glad your dad called you out and hopefully will continue to be supportive as you figure out how you are going to make your life the one you want to be living. <3

Unrelated: I always get mad at the HP quizzes, because I 100% am ALWAYS Hufflepuff. Not that there is anything wrong with being a Hufflepuff, but I kind of always felt that I should test Ravenclaw.

a2790a8062f325e85505a9f084bc0f50.jpg

I can totally see you as a Ravenclaw but also a Hufflepuff. I think the Hat should ask is where we want to be. Thats the truest way to the story.   Also I laughed out loud at Hufflebuff!

And thank you. I feel completely vulnerable today, but also safe. This is a safe space to open up. Which feels weird. But good :) 

• Like 3

Walked deeper into the woods today. The trails are drying out which means no falling today :D 

on the way back, I heard bells. And then this beautiful doggo with a bell ziptied to his collar ran around us. We met his owner later on. The bell was smart, especially if he was gonna let his dog run wild. Cicadas are everywhere. The sound is constant and the ground is covered in them. Walking in the woods feels good. It was beautiful today, even with the bugs

I feel better after yesterdays talk. Kinda strange, but good strange, 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

http://time.com/4809884/harry-potter-house-sorting-hat-quiz/

I'm 71% Raven claw, 20% Slytherin, 5% Griffindor, 4% Hufflepuff

Though I always thought I should belong in Delta House.

This one sorted me as a mostly Hufflepuff, then Ravenclaw, a wee bit of Gryffindor, and not at all Slytherin.I bumped a link and lost my specific results.  Very interesting!  I LIKE IT.  :D 

• Like 1

I spent the entire day in a darkened room due to a migraine. I am feeling a little better but common sense is telling me to log off now. :) 

but if you take the House Sorting Quiz Curl Brogo posted, share your results! I love House Sorting!

• Like 3

Gooooooooooood monday to youuuuuuu!

We are halfway through the challenge! I feel like I’m really getting the hang of all three components to this challenge. I’m walking a lot more, and I love it. I can take time for myself without any problems now, and I’m in the habit of brushing my teeth after dinner so with a few exceptions, Its going really well.

aiming for life long habits and not challenge perfection has really been good for me. I don’t feel like I’m aiming for 100% anymore, and its so less stressful. I really want to lock in exercise as a habit, but I’m taking on an additional challenge of cutting out sweets. Just the white refined stuff. No more candy, sweets, sugary coffee. :) Mom wants to do it because her stomach hurts, and I said I would except father’s day. We’re gonna go until my dad’s birthday at the end of the month. Dad and I are going out for dessert on fathers day. It feels like a logical next step in my eating habits to cut out sugary sweets from a daily thing to a sometimes thing. 

Because I am changing the parameters of the challenge, I got weighed today. I’ve lost six pounds since this challenge started! I’ll be getting weighed at the end of the challenge to report and we can see the difference cutting out sweets has on my weight loss! 

• Like 5

:) I walked two miles in the neighborhood today, and it's just boring to walk in a loop, but it was good enough. I got a lot of chores done while I was not eating sugar. Except in my coffee. I know I said I wasn't going to but you know what? I did. No regrets. I can go without sweets for the entire day but dammit I'm putting a little sugar in my coffee. 

I was feeling really tense, and I was starting to write this post and it was so negative, and I realized "I need my hour of alone time!" Unplug, did some sudoku and read a couple chapters in my book, and maybe fell asleep instead of finishing up my hour. Funny enough, sleep doesn't really count as alone time. But it does count for "My goodness I was tired, and now I can chase my nephew around all night" :D 

• Like 5

This morning, Mom, the 8yo nephew and I went hiking on our favorite trail while Dad was at training. We set up that we were going to be gone a while, so Dad was looking forward to extra gym time, and Mom and I were excited about getting to the very top of hill. I'm not sure we needed the extra time because the  nephew set a fast pace until the very end when we had a consistent incline to walk up. He said "My legs! My beautiful legs! They're so sore!"

I love that kid.

• Like 4

It's been a good day. I'm taking a break from exercise. Nothing is wrong, I'm just really tired, physically and emotionally. I could use a couple of quiet days to just check off some boxes and relax. Which should be tomorrow and Saturday so, yay!

The no-sugar challenge is over. It was opening the door to some unhealthy eating patterns that I've been working so hard to get away from. I don't really think we eat that much sweets anyway, but just the restriction made me feel out of control. Mom and Dad were supportive of this. So we're sticking to three meals a day, like before. 

I am so tired.  *added note*   I'm still good though. It's not a bad tired. It's just a "Yes, I am going to sleep so well tonight" tired. :) 

• Like 4

A cicada landed on me, and lemme tell you, I handled it with grace and poise*. Yup, that’s me, Queen of the Outdoors. 

I took today off, and canceled my evening plans. Not because of the bug, lol. But I felt off and out of sorts, and sometimes a day to stay in one’s pajamas with a mug of tea is just the thing. 

I puttered around and did some organization projects. I’ve been making small adjustments to what is out and handy, and what gets packed away. I’ve always found comfort in cheerful clutter but right now, I’ve packed most of it away, and it’s made the every day chores so much easier. But there are two places that I’ve been avoiding: my desk, and my closet. I am almost done with my desk, and I made a little ( very little) progress in my closet. I did, however, make excellent progress in Fire Emblem, Birthright. :D 

*shrieking and muppet arm-flailing

• Like 3

Boy this week went by fast, didn't it?

This was definitely a rough week. I was really busy, which is just sometimes how the week falls. Tried to do too much with the diet, and it backfired a bit. 

Hormones are being a jerkface. And I was just being genuinely sad about my dad's vision. He's getting surgery next week to try to stop the progression of glaucoma. It won't make his vision better, it just will hopefully stop the progression of glaucoma for a year or so. We just want to buy him more time with the shitty vision he has left. 

I slept too much over the last couple of days. I definitely ate too much, and I've wallowed in sad feelings quite a bit. I feel like the week started just okay, and ended with me on my ass. Or more accurately hiding under my blanket and stress-napping. 

So this week's theme is definitely Setbacks. Which from a story telling standpoint is just about right, isn't it? Now we can end this challenge with a win! NOT ONLY DID SHE BOUNCE BACK, SHE CRUSHED ALL THE GOALS!  Setbacks make the next victory so much sweeter :)

Next week is also busy, but I'm planning ahead for that. Victory, Victory!

(are you buying this? I think I might be. Not quite. But almost. :))

• Like 3

On 6/8/2019 at 7:58 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

but if you take the House Sorting Quiz Curl Brogo posted, share your results! I love House Sorting!

Hufflepuff - 47.5%

Ravenclaw - 44.9%

Gryffindor - 7.6%

Slytherin - 0%

Probably accurate. 

I feel like week 3 is a great week for set-backs. Week 1 you have focus and drive, week 2 is all about maintaining, then week 3 is setback time, so you can end strong during week 4 with sustainable changes. I'm sorry that you've had so many feelings, but they make a lot of sense and I hope this week is less sad. 

• Like 2