• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

As some people know here, I am a Bowler. This challenge, I have signed up for all the bowling. haha. First we start off with the USBC Open Nationals Tournament in Las Vegas, Nv. I fly out on Wednesday the 29th, and return home on the 1st of June. Thursday I bowl team event (3 games) then Friday will be double and singles. (6 games total). The day after I get back, I signed up to bowl a Match Club "fun" day event. On June 15th, I bowl in the California State Tournament. Team/Doubles/Singles all in one day (9 games). Then I have two different Match club bowling events on the 22nd and 23rd of June. (One travel out of town). Still in June, i have two more Match club events on the 29th and 30th (both travel out of town) This, plus my normal league bowling haha. Summer league is starting up, and this summer I am only bowling one league. 

So, I have a lot of bowling headed my way. Along with some bit of traveling.

This challenge will be pretty similar to last challenge. I'll add in a few things to try to kick it up a notch. I did decent in the last challenge when I wasn't trying to self sabotage myself. Hopefully, this challenge I can keep that under control.

Goal#1 - Tracking, Keto, Calories, and Intermittent Fasting

Pretty much the same formula as last challenge. Though this time, I am going with some Max numbers. Last time I wanted to be close to 2100 calories on my workout days. I gave myself a but of room though. I re-looked at my target macro numbers, and am going to try go with 2100 calories MAX on working days, 1700 MAX on rest day. This means 2101 calories is over.

I am also continuing with IF. My current goal is 18 hours fast. I am going to keep that this challenge. I might toy with the longer fast this challenge, but we shall see.

I also need to make sure I am under 20 grams of net carbs each day. All this while tracking everything. Chronometer for food, and LIFE for fasting.

During the days I am in Vegas, I am not going to worry about tracking in Chronometer. I think I will just get too frustrated trying, will play it by ear I suppose.

2100/1700 MAX Calories - 4 points

18 hour fasting done - 4 points

Under 20 grams of net carbs - 4 points

12 points per day. 84 points per week

Goal#2 - Run, Walk, and lift things. Be Active!

I am currently following the RunDouble 5K Improver plan. I am not doing 4 runs per week. Instead I am sticking to my 3 day run schedule for now.  This pretty much means I run a 5K, then the next time I run intervals. The intervals seem to change distance or resting times every couple of times. 

Along with this, I am keeping to my step goal of 10,000 steps per day. 

I still also have my goal to someday do a pull up. Hopefully, this year. I won't get there if I really don't start training for it though. Workouts will still be on the non run days. Week 0 I am going to look into creating my own bit of workout schedule, or even see if there is a plan I should follow. I think I need to start doing a bit more targeted workout vs randomly picking 4 exercises to do.

This last bit I want to try having more active minutes in Fitbit. I want to target 100 minutes per day. My plan is to get in my normal walk time, then each hour or so, make sure I get in a few steps. I will work this out a bit more during Week 0 I hope. Overall though, I want to get away from having to just rely on one big walk or run to get in the steps for the day. It would probably be better to move more often instead of sitting there.

Run the 5K improver on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - 4 points each day

Workout on the non run days Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays - 4 points each workout

10,000 steps per day - 2 points

100 active minutes - 2 points (this may change)

Sunday is rest day

6 points per day. 36 points per week.

Goal#3 - Rest up

I need to make sure this sleep is on lockdown. I may even work on changing my sleep to go to bed a little earlier. We shall see. For now though, pretty much the same as last challenge.

10:30 PM off the computer and start reading. 11:30 PM time to get to bed.

My gamer night (Saturday night) never has set hours. So the plan is to Log off the game within 15 minutes of us being finished. Then get in 30 minutes of reading before heading to bed.

Off to bed at 11:30 PM plus reading done - 4 points per day.

Gamer night, log off in 15 minutes, and read for 30 minutes - 4 points

4 points per day, 28 points per week

Goal#4 - Create that positive headspace

I want to get myself into a good frame of mind each day. Or even before going to bed. I'm not sure what will be best for myself yet, but I want to explore my options here. Last challenge I struggled with some self sabotage. It's really just those mind games going. This challenge (particular in week 0) I want to find something that works for me. Maybe I use a meditation app to help out, or I just have to spend 5-10 minutes focusing on a positive aspect for me that day. Pumping myself up for the day. 

Using the Mindfulness Coach app, complete a Mindfulness training session each day.

Training session completed 4 points per day. 28 points per week.

Measurements:(Week 0 / EoC)

Neck: 17.44 in / 

Chest: 46.22 in / 

Waist: 48.30 in / 

Bicep (L) (no flex): 14.84 in / 

Bicep (R) (no flex): 14.29 in / 

Forearm (L): 11.77 in / 

Forearm (R): 11.92 in / 

Thigh (L): 25.59 in / 

Thigh (R): 25.55 in / 

Weight: 255.9 lbs / 266.1 (week 1) /  

Week 0 - (05/20 - 05/26) - test running ideals

Week 1 - (05/27 - 06/02) - 0/140-176 (if I can track)

Week 2 - (06/03 - 06/09) - 0/176

Week 3 - (06/10 - 06/16) - 0/176

Week 4 - (06/17 - 06/23) - 0/176

• Like 8

Following to watch you throw the rolly-thing at the standy-uppy-things in order that the rolly-thing might knock down the standy-uppy-things in the most efficient manner possible.

And to watch you kill your goals until they die.

• Like 5

Great challenge :). I also like that mindspace-goal, I hope it will help you stay strong throughout the month.

• Like 3

The past couple of days have seen the return of the self sabotage beast! Blah. Hopefully, today I start the kick off again of it. Time is growing short before I fly out to Vegas. I had a hard time sleeping last night. I let myself start thinking about all the things. Mind was racing, and I couldn't seem to get it to calm down for a long time haha. I know I saw 2 AM rolling up before I was finally able to settle down the brain to sleep. I had pushed back my run a day, so I did it today. It was rough going, but I did get it in.

I have been looking into concentrating on a few exercises to get me stronger, and hopefully get that pull up done by the end of the year. Not looking too great so far ;) 

Tonight is sweepers night for my Thursday league. Hopefully, I do well. Maybe we can take 1st place overall, and I can do well enough to win some sweeper money too ;)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Tateman said:

The past couple of days have seen the return of the self sabotage beast! Blah. Hopefully, today I start the kick off again of it. Time is growing short before I fly out to Vegas. I had a hard time sleeping last night. I let myself start thinking about all the things. Mind was racing, and I couldn't seem to get it to calm down for a long time haha. I know I saw 2 AM rolling up before I was finally able to settle down the brain to sleep. I had pushed back my run a day, so I did it today. It was rough going, but I did get it in.

I have been looking into concentrating on a few exercises to get me stronger, and hopefully get that pull up done by the end of the year. Not looking too great so far ;) 

Man, there must be something in the air, I've had some self-sabotage too lately. But every day is a checkpoint and a chance to have another go. Good on you for keeping positive and still getting in a run!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Tateman said:

The past couple of days have seen the return of the self sabotage beast! Blah.

Oh no! I hope things turn around quickly. I hate that feeling. 

12 hours ago, Tateman said:

Mind was racing, and I couldn't seem to get it to calm down for a long time haha. I know I saw 2 AM rolling up before I was finally able to settle down the brain to sleep.

I keep paper and a pen near my bed, and when I can't sleep because there's too much on my mind I just write it all down. If there's a ton of stuff to do, I make a list. If there's something bothering me, I figure out all the aspects of the situation I'm struggling with. I started doing that because I noticed that even when my mind was racing, it wasn't racing through lots of new content -- I'd mostly just be thinking the same things over and over again, going around in circles. Once it's written down, I don't have to worry about keeping it on my mind anymore. 

Sometimes it's hard to wind down after a writing session, in which case I just concentrate on lying still with my eyes closed for as long as possible. That usually does the trick. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I keep paper and a pen near my bed, and when I can't sleep because there's too much on my mind I just write it all down. If there's a ton of stuff to do, I make a list. If there's something bothering me, I figure out all the aspects of the situation I'm struggling with. I started doing that because I noticed that even when my mind was racing, it wasn't racing through lots of new content -- I'd mostly just be thinking the same things over and over again, going around in circles. Once it's written down, I don't have to worry about keeping it on my mind anymore.

This helps me as well :). Except I often forget to put pen and paper next to my bed, and walk to the room next door to fill up the empty white board while not really being able to see what I'm writing :rolleyes:.

How did the bowling game go?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Oh no! I hope things turn around quickly. I hate that feeling. 

Sometimes it's hard to wind down after a writing session, in which case I just concentrate on lying still with my eyes closed for as long as possible. That usually does the trick. 

Yeah, it is mostly rehashing stuff I already thought about, or even listed down. This night in particular, I was visualizing my day for when I fly out to Vegas, and actually bowling there. Then going over other things. I have in the past opened up my phone to jot down notes if I was feeling that strongly over it. That night, I was trying all the deep breathing techniques, and everything else I could think of. A lot of stuff almost worked. I would get to that point where I am going to fall asleep, then wake right back up.

5 hours ago, Waanie said:

This helps me as well :). Except I often forget to put pen and paper next to my bed, and walk to the room next door to fill up the empty white board while not really being able to see what I'm writing :rolleyes:.

How did the bowling game go?

Bowling went ok. I did not bowl that great, so no sweeper money for me. I did bowl well enough to help my team take 1st place overall though. That was an extra $50 for each of us :) 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Tateman said:

Bowling went ok. I did not bowl that great, so no sweeper money for me. I did bowl well enough to help my team take 1st place overall though. That was an extra $50 for each of us :) 

Nicely done! Team 1st is fantastic, even if you didn't break any PRs. It just gives you room to keep striving to do better ;) 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I am here. Good luck. Hope things went better today.

Good to have you along :)

9 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

It's almost time for USBC Open Nationals!!!!!! How ya feeling? 

I am pretty excited to go. Week 0 and up to yesterday have been horrible though.

Ok, update time. Been kind of out of it this week 0. Runs were delayed last week, but I ended up running on Thursday. My calf muscles were kinda hurting a bit afterwards, and were hurting some at bowling too. Friday I did get in a walk, but again the calf muscles were not feeling too good once I pushed it a bit. I decided Saturday I would skip my run and just focus on recovery for the weekend. Apparently the real focus was eating everything in sight haha. I am not sure why, but nothing seemed to satisfy the hunger. Maybe it was me getting bored of the same foods I have been having. I had that feeling like I want something substantial. Like a steak or something. Even my wife was having that feeling this weekend.

So move onto Monday. I was going to get up and run. Then i didn't. Staying up too late, and making all the bad decisions this weekend. The scale this morning was at 267 lbs. Yay, self sabotage monster strikes again!

Well, nothing I can do about all that, and I just have to move on. This morning, I did run a 5K. I am going to attempt running intervals tomorrow morning before I fly out to Vegas. This will get me back on track. If the calf muscles start hurting, I'll just stop up early. 

Over the weekend I did do some work on my computer area at least. Go go last challenge goals haha. I have also been trying out some meditation/headspace apps. The one I have chosen to go with is Mindfulness Coach. So far it seems good. I did do a session yesterday, and then one today in the car after I ran. I plan to get in that once each day.

I want to get my workout in today as well. This way I can get myself back on track. I'll be tired out, but that's ok :) I also need to adjust the finals goals and points for this challenge. I don't think I will focus on active minutes in fitbit quite yet. Maybe something more like just move more every hour or two. Things will be super busy this week, so it might just have to wait til I get back.

Despite the huge failures of the last few days, I am feeling good still. Really excited to go do my best. It's been keeping me up a bit sometimes. My brain just wants to think of all the things haha. 

• Like 4

Might as well list out day 1 stuff too.

Food:

2938.1 Calories, 43 g net carbs. 14 hrs 24 mins fasted. - 0 points

Exercise:

1,208 steps. Run moved to Tuesday. - 0 points

Sleep:

11:40 PM to 7:02 AM. No reading done. - 2 points

Mindfulness: 

App done Level 2 session completed before bed. - 4 points

Today shall be better :)

• Like 3

Today was better, though I did not read before heading off to bed (in a few minutes) and I did not workout. I did run this morning, and my food intake was at a decent level. :) I've been getting things ready for tomorrow. Hopefully, I can calm the brain down enough for sleep. Then be able to run in the morning.

• Like 4

What inspires me about you is that no matter how often the sabotage-monster gets you, you keep showing up and pick up the good habits again. You're steadily improving your habits, even if they don't always go as planned all the time.

• Like 4