• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teirin

Teirin's standards have never been lower.....

Hey! Just dropping by to see how it's been and if there's anything we can do to support you. :)

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, Kishi said:

Hey! Just dropping by to see how it's been and if there's anything we can do to support you. :)

Thanks!  Still alive.  Cally is settling into getting insulin shots and I'm waiting for a toenail to fall off.  Things are otherwise somewhat stressed but ok.  I have mostly been shutting down some after work instead of doing a lot useful.

Shit to deal with:  the apartment is a mess and I have gained significant weight.  Garden still not planted.

The good stuff:  Presentation is looking good, sleeping ok at least, Heidi loaned me tools to get the garden and worm bin sorted. 

• Like 3

I'm glad to hear that sleep is going better. It sounds like you have been having a tough time. I hope you can gradually get back to feeling good about things.

Update:  Now that I'm sorting through some of the mess in my head it's getting better.   I'm generally like that.  Slow build up of stress that I don't really register until I'm really stressed out.  It peaks and I start dealing with it now that I know it's a thing.  It gets better somewhat rapidly after that. 

The best news:  Cally's latest bloodsugar was 4.9 and she is cleared to go down to one insulin injection per day! 

State of the apartment:  getting better.  Some things still need to be done but the kitchen and bathroom are in better shape.

Presentation is next week!  I'm still finalizing details and need to make sure I can talk for near long enough.  Bit nervous but I think it will go well. 

State of the foot:  all the problems I was having with my foot were related to the nail trying to grow around the bone at the base.  Now that it has been shoved out and disconnected, my foot stopped hurting.  It detached on one side this morning and should be clear on the other side pretty soon.  Bonus is that it looks pretty clean underneath!   

Garden:  not yet, but Heidi has loaned me everything I need to build the worm bin and I will hopefully do that soon.

• Like 6

On 6/23/2019 at 3:53 PM, Teirin said:

State of the foot:  all the problems I was having with my foot were related to the nail trying to grow around the bone at the base.  Now that it has been shoved out and disconnected, my foot stopped hurting.  It detached on one side this morning and should be clear on the other side pretty soon.  Bonus is that it looks pretty clean underneath!

This sounds horrible, but I'm glad things seem to be looking up!

6 hours ago, RES said:

This sounds horrible, but I'm glad things seem to be looking up!

It was more annoying and sometimes painful.  Most of teh time it was ok though.  Not as bad as it sounds!

• Like 1