Hiyaaaa[emoji4]

Hey, I'm very new to this! My fiancee recommended this platform to me to help me achieve my goals and hey, I like a challenge [emoji123] I've came on here to start my own 4 week challenge, starting today (21/5).

My goals are:

1. Use My Fitness Pal every day, tracking my macros and making sure to hit my protein goal every day, which is something I've struggled with A LOT even up until now! I'm going to try and hit that by making sure I plan my protein first on my meals[emoji4] I'm hoping that tracking my macros will help me lose some pounds!

2. Do 3 workouts per week (my fiancee has been teaching me to box and I love it, such a good stress reliever![emoji23])

3. Dog walking - we have a staffy rescue that has a great deal of energy most of the time and we live right next to a massive park so I'd like to take him there every day, but I'm going to set my target at 5 times per week!

4. Keep moving! - I have a quite active job and track my steps on my Huawei watch but I need to make sure I keep up with the movement on my days off too, not just because it's good for your health but also because my macros are set to a level of activity! I'm going to do at least 10000 every single day [emoji4]

5. Self care - make sure I do at least one little thing for my self every day, cause you've got to keep your mind healthy too right?! [emoji8]

Starting weight (21/5): 177lbs

Goal weight after 4 weeks (18/6) : 170lbs

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Hi MissDee, welcome to NF.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, MissDee said:

making sure I plan my protein first on my mealsemoji4.png

Planning out your protein first for meals is an excellent strategy.  :applause:

If you could please, take a minute to go into your Tapatalk settings and turn your Tapatalk signature off. Thanks!

On 5/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, MissDee said:

On 5/21/2019 at 11:35 AM, MissDee said:

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

So I'm a few days into my challenge, a few things are happening [emoji4]

I've started the couch to 5k, two runs in and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would [emoji123]
today's the first day Ive managed to stay completely on my macros and trying to hit my protein goal, it's very high but I've found a more manageable level for me!
So far enjoying it, just been for a healthy food shop with my fiancee and I feel good knowing we have good food in. [emoji7]

• Like 5

Hi Miss Dee!! I'm so glad you're here!  :D  Your goals look excellent! How did your macro tracking and movement go this weekend? 

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 42

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Books in Progress:

Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (24%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%)  |  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (0%) 
Books Finished:
Captivating (100%)  |  The Prodigal God (100%)  |  Not Yet Married (100%)  |  Gentle and Lowly (100%)

Hi and welcome! Your goals look great, good plan with the protein. I have also just started with a couch to 5k plan, can't say I'm 'enjoying' it exactly but it's much less like torture than I expected it to be ;) 

• Like 2

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

Nice goals! Welcome to the rebellion!

I love running intervals, it's the increasing my running time I struggle with :lol: 

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Sometimes protein powder can help, or other snacks you can add to your day. 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Couch to 5k is a great program. Congrats on keeping going with it, even when times are rough!

If you want to keep working on running/walking, please consider joining the Scouts guild next time around (you wouldn't have to stay there forever, changing guilds is completely normal). It has been a little quiet over there recently, but I've just signed on as a new Guild Leader, and I will do my very best to make it fun and interesting...in addition to providing support and bits of advice. And don't feel like you have to only focus on endurance to be a Scout. We all have a variety of goals....I'm working on pushups and diet too (for example).

• Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

So I've fell off the wagon a little, I've been eating better and definitely focusing on keeping a positive mindset and changing how I think about food. It is working, however fitness wise I've paused a little because I've had a bad back for a while now. This comes from a few things, I am NOT flexible at all, it's actually scary. Also being overweight always adds strain to my back and also my sciatica isn't helped by the added weight gain. I'm working on that though and keeping on moving [emoji123] going to be trying yoga in order to try and help my back so fingers crossed oh that one [emoji7]

• Like 3

It's smart to take a break if you are injured and/or in pain. If walking is something you can still do, keep up with that.

Yoga can be great for back problems. Have you done much yoga before? As you may know, there are all different styles...some are very vigorous and some are more gentle. If you are new to yoga, be careful to listen to your body. Don't be afraid to ease off or modify a pose if it is hurting your back. If you are going to live yoga classes (rather than watching a video or something), it would be helpful to tell the teacher that you have a back problem (if you haven't already). [If you've already thought of all this, just ignore me!]

Very good work on diet!

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016