Atrytone Rolls into Another Wheel Challenge

Good luck with the housing! I hope it works and eases your mind. 

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I'm glad things are looking a little bit up!

Things are definitely looking up. We have running water again and I had a much needed short break from work. The only negative thing that happened today was the taco place I was going to go to for lunch today was closed because of broken equipment. Tragic.

37 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Good luck with the housing! I hope it works and eases your mind. 

Thank you. I hope so too and it really would ease my mind. As much as I love my parents, and appreciate the huge favor they're doing for me, I find it much easier to relax when I'm completely alone. People - even people I love - are exhausting. 

• Like 1

Today's positive is discovering a new awesome recipe (that I only half followed). I now have a mushroom leek thyme soup base that will suite a bunch of different flavor profiles. It'll be fun to experiment. :D 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Atrytone said:

Tragic

Tragic Taco is the name of my Madonna cover band.

• Haha 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

4 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I would follow this band around the country in a camper van

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

22 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I laughed WAY to hard at that.

17 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

I would follow this band around the country in a camper van

Same.

• Like 1

My viewing yesterday went well. The apartment isn't perfect but for the price it is it doesn't have to be. Also it is MUCH larger than my micro suite was (less storage though hilariously enough). I really hope I get it but I have to wait until Wednesday to find out.

• Like 1
On 6/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, Atrytone said:

Walk to Mordor

Yeah, I've kept mine updated; I just haven't walked much.

On 6/16/2019 at 1:45 PM, Atrytone said:

viewing yesterday went well.

I'm glad it went well!  Keeping fingers crossed for you!  Waiting for stuff like this is the worst.  Do what you can to try to relax and be at peace.

• Like 1

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Yeah, I've kept mine updated; I just haven't walked much.

I'm counting all my walking not just deliberate walking. My previous job - kitchen work - involved a lot more running around than my support work job does. So I'll have to start going on actual walks now probably. (Not that that's a bad thing).

I'm glad it went well!  Keeping fingers crossed for you!  Waiting for stuff like this is the worst.  Do what you can to try to relax and be at peace.

I think I'll make my mom a belated birthday cake tomorrow and maybe try for tacos again. Food is my happy place so trying new things is always a delight.

• Like 1

Today's positive was finally going back to the gym. It's been too long and it was harder than I would have liked but baby steps are still steps.

• Like 2

Starting today I'm attempting to count calories. It's less about my actual caloric intake and more about actually paying attention to what I'm eating. The past while (days, weeks, months) I've been eating my feelings. Eating my stress. When I went to the gym my workout gear was too tight. Before it was almost too big. I got back up to the heaviest I've ever been and that makes me sad so I go eat ice cream - which is counter productive. 

My workout yesterday was very basic; 30 minutes on the elliptical on a lvl 1 hill climber program. I used to be able to do 40 minutes on lvl 7 of the same program and struggle to get my heart rate up. I would be breathing fine and barely break a sweat. That was not the picture I painted yesterday. It kind of drove home how much I've given up. How far I've fallen. It was upsetting but I'm going to use that upset to motivate myself.

So calories. Working out will be easier as I lose weight and losing weight will be easier the more I work out. I've got this.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Atrytone said:

I've got this.

Great plan!  You can totally do this!

Any word on the apartment?

KBO. - Churchill

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Great plan!  You can totally do this!

Any word on the apartment?

Thank you. And yes, I didn't get it. This is a huge blow and I've been crying intermittently for the past 15 minutes or so since I found out. 

• Sad 2

I'm very sorry to hear that.  I completely understand your disappointment.

• Thanks 1

KBO. - Churchill

tw: mental health stuff

Spoiler

So I finally got into the doctor. He gave me both an anxiety and a depression scale. I scored high on both (the only time a high score is a bad thing) and he's prescribed me anti-depressants. I'm supposed to see him again in two weeks. I think this is probably a good thing.

3 hours ago, Atrytone said:

mental health

Sounds like a positive step.  I hope that you find it helpful.  It made a world of difference for me.

KBO. - Churchill

50 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Sounds like a positive step.  I hope that you find it helpful.  It made a world of difference for me.

Thanks. I hope so too. And honestly this has been something I've been struggling with since I was a little kid. It's about time I got help.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Atrytone said:

help

It can be a difficult step to take.  Good work!  :-)

KBO. - Churchill

Oh, I’m so sorry about the apartment! What a downer. I would be upset too. 

Hope the doctors reccomendations has a positive affect !

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

It can be a difficult step to take.  Good work!  :-)

51 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Oh, I’m so sorry about the apartment! What a downer. I would be upset too. 

Hope the doctors reccomendations has a positive affect !

Thank you both. :) 

tw: mental health stuff
Spoiler

So I finally got into the doctor. He gave me both an anxiety and a depression scale. I scored high on both (the only time a high score is a bad thing) and he's prescribed me anti-depressants. I'm supposed to see him again in two weeks. I think this is probably a good thing.

Been there, done that. I hope things work out for you.
  • Thanks 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Wrap up time.

I nailed Finances. Did half of my Health goal. Failed Social. Contribution is in progress.

Career (7/10) - No change. Still love my job even though there are good days and bad days.

Finance (6/10) - Increase of 2 points. I’m feeling a little better about my financial situation now that I know what my average income is and about how much I can spend on a place. It might not be enough for this area though unless I get more hours soon.

Health (6/10) - Increase of 2 point. I only went to the gym once but I've started being more aware of what I'm eating. I also went to the doctor and he took me very seriously about my mental health concerns. He's given me a prescription that will hopefully help.

Social (8/10) - Increase of 4 points. Playing D&D with everyone is a lot of fun. I also went to Pride this year and it was an absolute blast sunburn notwithstanding.

Contribution (6/10) - Increase of 2 points. I've signed on to do a volunteer training session with Haven. Nervous but excited.

Recreation (7/10) - Increase of 1 point. D&D is going great. I went to Pride. I've started gaming again a very little bit. I also binged Season 2 of L.A. By Night on youtube. It was fucking awesome.

Love (7/10) - Increase of 1 point. One of my friends said I'm the best DM he's had. That felt pretty great.

Self-Image (6/10) - Increase of 1 point. Adulting is making me feel a bit better about myself. Doing my finances and getting to the doctor were hard but I did it anyway. Go me.

Since I have all my categories up past the half-way mark I think I'll do something different next challenge. Not sure what yet. Maybe something VtM themed to feed my current obsession.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for the kindness they've shown me this (and in previous) challenge(s). I've been having a rough time and your support means the world to me even if I'm not always great at showing it. See you all next challenge!

Life Wheel June 24.png