• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedPandaOne

RedPandaOne reporting for duty

i've had a loooooot of dental work done (multpile rounds of braces, surgeries, you name it) and i usually get pho or some other soup to eat with my ibuprofen if it's a rough time in the chair. i also find fizzy water to help because it's cold and like, idk, feels like it's massaging my sore gums? haha it's hard to describe, but it helps, i swear. good luck at the dentist!  

Thank you! Mostly got a clean bill of health. Teeth look good, but need to floss more. I guess flossing just the day of the appointment isnt enough?

And I was a bad girl and got McDonald's afterwards. I eat that crap maybe twice a year. But a burger sounded good and I knew theirs was soft enough I could handle it. Because my jaw was sore for the rest of the day. And I did have a coke. Shame on me.

And I NEED to start exercising!! I was going to do my 20 seconds of courage in August and dress up as Nyssa al Ghul to meet Stephen Amell. Ordered my costume and it arrived today. It is both too small and too big. The pants could be taken in an inch. The top gives me cleavage and is too short. *sigh* I can have the pants taken in and wear a black tank to hide my stomach. But not sure what to do about the chest area.
  • Like 2

I lost track of the weekend, sorry guys!

Saturday was both soda and exercise free.

I was going to take a walk around the track on my way back from the movies but I realized I needed to go grocery shopping, and it was all perishable stuff I was buying. So I couldn't buy it, stop and walk, and then continue on home. Could I have done either one Sunday? Yes, but that requires me to go out when I hadn't planned on it. I'm horrible, really I am. But the good news is that when I went shopping, again I did not buy soda! None is in the house to tempt me!! 

Sunday, again no exercise. Grr. I went to a paint night last night and we ate at the restaurant first. I had a coke at dinner and then a rum and coke during the painting. I need a different go-to for my alcohol. I don't like beer, and most wines are eh. But luckily I only drink a handful of times throughout the year. Maybe once a month, on the high end. 

I had set my alarm to get up and work out this morning. And then last night happened. Went to bed around 11pm. Was too hot, then too cold. It was after 1am by the time I fell asleep. And then my lovely Salem decided he was lonely and wanted attention/food at 4:30am. When I denied both we then got into a fight over him chewing on plastic he kept on fishing out of a bag. Seriously, first time I took it away and then put it at the bottom of the bag. He went in and dug it out! So I took it away again and put it ontop of my dresser when he was out of the room. He came back and found it. So it ended up in a drawer, which he then tried to open. I love him, but I am not going to miss these 4am wake ups when they go back to my parents for the summer. I have found a catio I can buy for them next year! I just need to double check my lease to see if I can put it in the window (no clause that only a/cs can be placed in the windows. Man, I hope not). So, I did not wake up and work out. I needed that hour. I am exhausted. 

I did not food prep yesterday either, but this was not being lazy, I did not need to. I have a piece of chicken left for today. I did make a salad to go with it this morning. And tonight I will be making sweet n sour meatballs for the rest of the week. The salad to be my veggie side. 

• Like 2

I also keep on coming back to this little treadmill. Treadly. Compact, can slide it under my bed or couch. I think the only thing stopping me is the price. I don't have the space for the treadmill that's at my parents, or else that would have moved with me. I've had my eye on it for about a year. 

So... these are my projected numbers for today. Oops. The cheese may be underestimated, so numbers might go up a bit, but not enough to hit minimum. I either overeat or way undereat. I haven't had a happy middle in awhile. 602ac78d3d8a7e6d372c7893d7211067.jpg

• Like 1

Is Salem your cat? Cause that sounds like a very cat-like behavior. I definitely get why you'd be exhausted after a night show like that :D

Also I feel you with the calories. I've found that usually when I try to eat healthy the amount of calories go down a LOT. It's hard to adjust the amount of food i eat, no matter if it's mc donalds or a salad. It's gonna look like the same amount but the calories very much disagree! 

Haha, yes, Salem is one of my cats. The other is Selina. She's nice, she lets me sleep.

I'll eventually get a handle on the eating right amount of calories. Right now I'm only tracking a day or two a week. Next challenge will include a goal to track everyday.

• Like 1

Monday update:

No soda

No exercise

Prepped sweet n sour meatballs for rest of week

Tuesday update:

Glass of soda at dinner

No exercise

Also, I was taking pictures of my waist because I'm still dealing with the company who made my costume. I dont think they believe that it's that small compared to the rest of my measurements. And I got a picture of what i think I've been imagining for a long time now. I'm pretty sure my stomach sticks out more on my right side where the pain is. Anyone know how I can get the image to upload so you can see it? I keep getting a "upload failed. This is an adult image" message via the app. It's me in my work pants and a bra. I'm showing less than someone in a bathing suit.

• Like 1

Okay, so if I just cut my bra out of the picture it's fine. I wonder if its because I was wearing a beige bra and it thought it was naked boobs?

Anyway, am I insane or do others see that it sticks out more on the right side more?ec77a2ba580015ffc3f8493175537673.jpg

It's normal to be non-symmetrical in the stomach when you're storing fat.  The pain may be something as simple as things getting stressed on one side more than the other, but you should get checked out if you can.  Hopefully it's nothing more serious than PCOS.  

I tried to find some low-cal drink for you to switch to, but a lot of it is vodka or drinking something almost-straight.  Seltzer, vodka, and a splash of juice is at least not-cola.  Non-alcohol wise, 4oz of fruit juice in 8oz of seltzer might be a little better.  Try switching to ice tea or lemonade when you're out.

• Like 1

I don't want what I packed for lunch. I want to order something. I don't want to spend the money. I'm bored. 

But update on yesterday!

No soda

No exercise

didn't make more salad to eat with my lunch for today/tomorrow thinking that the meatballs have pineapples with them. Went to scoop out more for today and there is only 1 chunk of pineapple left :( 

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 11:52 AM, Gobnait said:

It's normal to be non-symmetrical in the stomach when you're storing fat.  The pain may be something as simple as things getting stressed on one side more than the other, but you should get checked out if you can.  Hopefully it's nothing more serious than PCOS.  

I've had three ultrasounds done, all done several years apart. The first two were done by one hospital and the doctors found nothing. The third one I did about 2 years ago (I cant believe it's been almost that long) at a different hospital, and the ER doctor suggested it was my gallbladder. No stones were detected, just shadowing while doing the ultrasound. Before I gained my weight back, I was starting to notice my stomach start to distend on that side. But then again, I never had a flat stomach, just noticed that the tops of my jeans were more rolled down on that side than the other. And of course I'm always lying down when being examined so if I even try to bring it up it's not noticed. I did bring PCOS up to my ob/gyn during one of my last appointments and she just shrugged it off. Said since I've been on the pill for so long, that would be helping me with any symptoms. Everything has happened after going on them, that it isn't PCOS. Not entirely sure I believe that thinking, but not going to fight it. I still think my thyroid might be to blame, but I won't get on that one again right now, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Re: the pain - have you tracked the occurrences? I get a pain in my side when I ovulate every month (thinking outside the box if things like the gallbladder have been at least previously ruled out). It's pretty annoying and took me a good long while to figure out that is what it was. Also, have you tracked your food compared to when the pain happens? When my husband had gallbladder issues, they weren't able to get a good picture of the stones, but took action based on his food diary vs pain.

But echoing it is totally normal to not be completely identical on both sides and size will impact how noticeable it is. It's also possible that the size difference is unrelated to the pain and it is just coincidence that they are on the same side. 

I'm currently tracking to see if there is a pattern. So far it's not related to TOM, its definitely dietary and gut based. My mom had gallstones and I remember the pain she went through. Not fun at all.

I'll figure it out eventually. This is just one of the longer flair ups I've had in a long time. But this too shall pass (one way or another) and I'll be fine.

• Like 1

Happy Saturday!!!

Yesterday didnt go too well, and I'm disheartened today.

No exercise - I think its because i dont really like the videos i have and am too lazy to go out and walk.

No fruit/veggie(?) - unless you count me getting lettuce and pickles on my tuna salad sandwich?

Soda had - went to the movies and had their "small". Aka, a crap ton of soda. And I had my pain all the drive home afterwards. Hmm

I'm also disheartened. Did my monthly weigh in and I'm six pounds heavier. SIX POUNDS IN ONE MONTH!!!!! WTF!!! I dont even know where to point and be like, yea it was because of this. I just. *sigh* I don't know.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 7:20 AM, RedPandaOne said:

I'm also disheartened. Did my monthly weigh in and I'm six pounds heavier. SIX POUNDS IN ONE MONTH!!!!! WTF!!! I dont even know where to point and be like, yea it was because of this. I just. *sigh* I don't know.

daps for being disheartened. but don't give up! you've been doing so well and just trying/wanting to try/making the plan is such a huge step in the right direction. 

bodies are weird, i lost and gained about 7 pounds this month (so beginning and ending at the same weight) and i have no idea what's happening.

onward and upward though! you got this! 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 6:04 PM, harborcoat said:

bodies are weird, i lost and gained about 7 pounds this month (so beginning and ending at the same weight) and i have no idea what's happening.

Oh man, that's frustrating! 

So, I'm actually a little worried. I've gained another pound and a half. But yet none of my clothes are fitting different. I'm also now over the weight limit of the little treadmill I was going to order on Friday :( But, why am I all of a sudden gaining weight so quickly? Is it connected to the pain I'm having? *mind going to the worst place* do I have a tumor? <--- okay, probably not. But, I kept the weight off for 7 months, and then all of a sudden (with no difference in diet/exercise) the weight comes pouring back on. I'm having deja vu from a couple years ago when the weight gain first started. Except instead of a couple pounds a month, it's a couple pounds a week. I don't even know where to go in this instance. Hospital? Primary care? Who do I talk to? This is not normal for me. 

• Sad 1

So I realized I haven't given any updates on my goals all week!!!

Soda

Saturday - I believe I had a small bottle (12oz)

Sunday - I had two(!) small bottles

Monday - no soda (yay)

Tuesday - 1 glass at trivia (I want to make this the only time I drink soda)

Wednesday - no soda, even though I wanted it so badly!

Exercise

Ha! We will just skip this....

Meal prep

Sunday - no, knew I was going out to lunch with work on Monday so pushed it off a day

Monday - prepped what I thought was enough salad for 3 days, turns out when they said 3 servings, it meant as side salad not as an entree

Tuesday - no

Wednesday - no

Thursday - prepped food for today and tomorrow, this morning. 

• Like 2

I hope the weight gain is somehow your body going "retain water!" for some odd reason.  Good on you for checking in.  Might I introduce you to the concept of an apple fizz?  Does fruit juice and carbonated water count as a soda?

23 hours ago, Gobnait said:

I hope the weight gain is somehow your body going "retain water!" for some odd reason.  Good on you for checking in.  Might I introduce you to the concept of an apple fizz?  Does fruit juice and carbonated water count as a soda?

I think you were right. I pretty much spent all morning peeing. Got curious and weighed myself, down 4 pounds! I usually don’t weigh myself every week, but I think I will for a few more weeks to see if there is a trend. 

I don’t think that counts as soda because there’s no sugar. I’m usually not a fan of regular carbonated water but that sounds interesting. If I find the right fruit juice to cover the taste and not be loaded with hidden sugar I could make this work.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 5:04 AM, Gobnait said:

Does fruit juice and carbonated water count as a soda?

8 hours ago, RedPandaOne said:

I don’t think that counts as soda because there’s no sugar.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but yeah, I'd count it as soda. It has no ADDED sugar, but fruit juice is basically sugary water. link and link. Of course it's waaaay healthier than factory-made, but still it's whole lot of liquid calories. 

Have you tried simple carbonated water with lemon juice? Or vitamin C (sometimes you can buy it in powder form), or a dash of sour salt/citric acid. Add some ice cubes and refreshing drink with no calories. 

Vit. C is also perfect for tea if you run out of lemons and want to make yourself an ice-tea. 

I think it would depend on what juice I get. Like, if I pressed my own apples vs buying Motts, which I'm sure adds more sugar than what is naturally in apples.

My biggest thing is flavor. I drink the soda for the flavor, not for the bubbles like a lot of people. I can't stand the soda stream soda that people make, it just tastes horrible.

I packed some Mio in my lunch bag this morning so I can at least have that at work to put in my water instead of raiding the soda supply. Now to finish packing my actual lunch...

• Like 2

Help! I made pulled pork with my mom yesterday and I cannot figure out what a serving size would be! I got the nutritional info, but no idea how to track it. Here's the recipe:

3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed

1 package McCormick® Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning

1/2 cup French's Tomato Ketchup (We used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce instead)

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/3 cup cider vinegar

It says it serves 10. Aside from taking a measuring cup and figuring out what 10 servings comes to (which is too late now, we ate a good portion of it yesterday for Father's Day), I don't know what to do. 

• Like 1