• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM basks in the midnight sun

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, raptron said:

I want thissss.

brewed awakenings - next RI trip, let's do itttt

 

24 minutes ago, raptron said:

looking pretty good, tbh!

 

part of why i still commit to these challenges is that otherwise i wouldn't stop myself and say hey, dude. you actually did a lot, okay?

 

Week 4 – Monday

 

I went to the gym on a Monday morning – that felt great

 

squats

95x5

115x5x4

 

ez bar curls

50x5x5

 

underhand cable pulldowns

105x5

110x5x4

 

lying toe touchers

10x2

 

DL

135x5

 

the day was stressful though. period started, I had a cry sesh at work, there is so much work. luckily, the goals meeting for my dad went really well, I’m just kind of waiting for the next insurance hammer to fall. I wasn’t able to see him though bc he was still at his doctor appointments in boston.

 

I went home and did some yoga, including bridges and clamshells. cooked dinner and prepped snacks for work today.

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 8/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/3 midnight cutoff, current avg 7h37m

 

the plan.

M: AM gym; visit dad; PM yoga

T: PM yoga

W: AM run; visit dad

T: AM gym; work book club

F: AM yoga; travel to maine

S: 5K; bachelorette things

S: groceries; meal prep

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a truly amazing end to the week and weekend!!! That breakfast sandwich description had me drooling, and I just finished lunch!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

part of why i still commit to these challenges is that otherwise i wouldn't stop myself and say hey, dude. you actually did a lot, okay?

 

Yes! Let these internet parchment scrolls serve as a record of your valour! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 4 – Tuesday

 

coulda shoulda woulda went for a run. but didn’t. slept in instead and went to work early to finish a project. didn’t even yoga at night. dinner took a while to cook and then I passed out early. also finally watching the new season of Agents of SHIELD :encouragement:

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 8/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/3 midnight cutoff, current avg 7h58m

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 4 – Tuesday

 

coulda shoulda woulda went for a run. but didn’t. slept in instead and went to work early to finish a project. didn’t even yoga at night. dinner took a while to cook and then I passed out early. also finally watching the new season of Agents of SHIELD :encouragement:

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 8/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/3 midnight cutoff, current avg 7h58m


Moar NEW SHIELD?!? Or old shield? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

brand spanking new as of last month!

yayyyy not on netflix though. I will wait. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 4 – Tuesday

 

coulda shoulda woulda went for a run. but didn’t. slept in instead and went to work early to finish a project. didn’t even yoga at night. dinner took a while to cook and then I passed out early. also finally watching the new season of Agents of SHIELD :encouragement:

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 8/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/3 midnight cutoff, current avg 7h58m

sometimes you need the sleep more than you need the exercise. Balance is important. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 4 – Tuesday

 

coulda shoulda woulda went for a run. but didn’t. slept in instead and went to work early to finish a project. didn’t even yoga at night. dinner took a while to cook and then I passed out early. also finally watching the new season of Agents of SHIELD :encouragement:

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 8/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/3 midnight cutoff, current avg 7h58m

It was a gloomy day better suited to other things. ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JessFit said:

sometimes you need the sleep more than you need the exercise. Balance is important. 

 

20 minutes ago, raptron said:

It was a gloomy day better suited to other things. ;)

 

true that. definitely fine with my decision as i was able to get a run in this morning!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 4 – Wednesday

 

good weather for a morning run outside! 2.55 miles in 33:20. maybe some sort of 5K early morning adrenaline (espresso shots??) will get me across the finish line around the 40 min mark.

 

I tried to make sure I was tightening my core to avoid low back pain and keeping my ankle tight instead of floppy as well. running form ftw.

 

Left work early to visit my dad. he is actually improving y’all. He can move his arms and legs a bit more but his mind seems to be back to his normal. Speech has come back in leaps and bounds. His medicare days in skilled nursing run out on july 8 and I still haven’t figured out if his secondary insurance that I got him last month will cover these costs.

 

Spouse had made dinner and started laundry by the time I got home *swoon. I helped finish up and prepared food for today. another episode of SHIELD and we were laughing out loud  it was a good night!

 

Fitness: 3/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 8/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/3 midnight cutoff, current avg 7h49m

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Left work early to visit my dad. he is actually improving y’all. He can move his arms and legs a bit more but his mind seems to be back to his normal. Speech has come back in leaps and bounds.


This is great news <3

 

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 His medicare days in skilled nursing run out on july 8 and I still haven’t figured out if his secondary insurance that I got him last month will cover these costs.


I press you the thumbs.  Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Left work early to visit my dad. he is actually improving y’all. He can move his arms and legs a bit more but his mind seems to be back to his normal. Speech has come back in leaps and bounds. His medicare days in skilled nursing run out on july 8 and I still haven’t figured out if his secondary insurance that I got him last month will cover these costs.

Oh man, that's good news about your dad's improvement. Fingers crossed the secondary insurance can step up.

 

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 Spouse had made dinner and started laundry by the time I got home *swoon. I helped finish up and prepared food for today. another episode of SHIELD and we were laughing out loud  it was a good night!

Ahh, love it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 4 – Thursday

 

I am getting all the sleep here in week 4. I finally had a slow-ish day at work. I spent a lot of it … decompressing? And filling up all my online shopping carts. Didn’t buy anything as I have a haul coming in soon and should probably try those on first.

 

We did our work book club, it was water for elephants, which I enjoyed! We talked about it and then watched the movie, haha. Christoph Waltz and Rosie save it for sure.

 

I also got a call from my sister saying that our grandfather (my dad's dad) went to the hospital last night for a fall/brain bleed. I believe he had surgery and apparently is doing much better today. my poor family is going through the ringer this year. Didn't go to bed until late for me which meant I slept in this morning. and I kind of feel like I had 10 vodka sodas instead of 2 seltzers and a beer.

giphy.gif

 

Fitness: 3/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 21/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/3 midnight cutoff, current avg 7h52m

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 4 – Thursday

 

I am getting all the sleep here in week 4. I finally had a slow-ish day at work. I spent a lot of it … decompressing? And filling up all my online shopping carts. Didn’t buy anything as I have a haul coming in soon and should probably try those on first.

 

We did our work book club, it was water for elephants, which I enjoyed! We talked about it and then watched the movie, haha. Christoph Waltz and Rosie save it for sure.

 

I also got a call from my sister saying that our grandfather (my dad's dad) went to the hospital last night for a fall/brain bleed. I believe he had surgery and apparently is doing much better today. my poor family is going through the ringer this year. Didn't go to bed until late for me which meant I slept in this morning. and I kind of feel like I had 10 vodka sodas instead of 2 seltzers and a beer.

 


Ah, sorry about your grandfather! Good work on the sleep. Sleep is life. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 7:42 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

I also got a call from my sister saying that our grandfather (my dad's dad) went to the hospital last night for a fall/brain bleed. I believe he had surgery and apparently is doing much better today. my poor family is going through the ringer this year. 

 

...that's putting it mildly, it seems. I hope you get a break soon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dziadzia moved to a skilled nursing center last night and seems to be doing much better. thanks everyone for your well wishes <3

 

Week 4 – Friday

 

Productive day at work, ran home to cook up a quick hungryroot and finish packing for the weekend.

 

As soon as spouse got home we took off for Maine. We didn’t get there until later when most of the group was getting ready for bed. a few of us went out for drinks and dancing though! my fitbit says I got in the moistest dancing between 1 and 1:15am so I did not stick to a midnight curfew…

 

Fitness: 3/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 21/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/3 midnight cutoff, current avg 7h50m

 

Week 4 – Saturday

 

less than 4 hrs sleep before the very early 5K. I finished in 40:22 which is better than I thought I’d do after very little “training” and no sleep. the run itself felt rul terrible though. my right foot fell asleep?? my bachelorette tank top needed constant readjusting. and of course some general nausea of running. It didn’t last though and I felt much better after a free slice of pizza, a free beer and a shower. I also got in the rest of my yoga after the run.

 

veggies: salad, asparagus

 

Week 4 – Sunday

 

woke up bright and early since the whole group crashed around 10:30 haha. got some donuts and coffee and headed to a beach to enjoy the greaaaat weather! Unfortunately got a sunburn on my chest, should’ve reapplied there.

 

spouse wanted to visit other friends after that so we dropped some stuff off at home and went to their apartment pool. The pool was shaded by trees though so I didn’t want to stay in the water. I was definitely getting to a crash point but we stayed and watched a bunch of community (they’d never seen it!) until 11pm. home and in bed by midnight!

 

veggies: green peppers

 

week 4 scores!

Food: 3/3 weekend vegetables

Life: 4/10 boxes packed; 1/1 home insurance; 1/1 dad insurance

Fitness: 4/5 runs, 5/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 30/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/3 midnight cutoff, weekly avg 7h25m

 

my veggies were a stretch as the asparagus was on pizza and the peppers were in a chipotle burrito… good effort though for a weekend away. i honestly lost count of the boxes packed but I'm sure I did more than 4. i'm going to keep most of the same goals next challenge but allow for exceptions to the midnight cutoff rule. it may also be time to cutoff phone use in bed. i use it to wind down but i can't think of another way to help me get a bit more sleep.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now