• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guzzi

Tracking Sleep

Does anyone else track their sleep (using an activity tracker) and would you be willing to share your sleep data?

I am really struggling with tiredness right now and I think it’s the volume of deep sleep vs restless sleep that’s the issue for me.  I’m in bed by 10:15 - 10:30 each evening, which is the time that leads me to getting off to sleep quickly and easily, but my sleep data looks like a Tesco’s barcode.  :cower:

It would be really interesting to see how other people’s sleep compares.  I will try to post some pics of my sleep record but Tapatalk has been playing up and refusing to upload my images for some reason....

Here's mine from last week: 8c03f4883cd9aea3a8c60f90f2ff8a97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You may have already found it, but if you click on an individual day, you can compare that night's sleep to both the past 30 days of your own history, as well as the 'benchmark' for other ladies around your age too.

@JustCallMeAmber Thanks got the response.  Wow, you get so much more sleep than me! :o 

I couldn’t find the ‘benchmark’ thing, but i did find more info about how it records sleep.  Apparently if your Fitbit tracks your heart rate then it can show you your sleep cycles....  I’m using a Fitbit Flex 2, which doesn’t have that function so the data is less accurate.  I actually do have a Fitbit that does measure your heart rate so i might try wearing that for a few nights to see if it gives me more information. 

• Like 1

I used Sleep Cycle for about a year. but I didn't feel that much of a difference in my percentages. I did use it to track some supplement effects. But as long as I average 49-56 hours a week I seem to be fine. Right now I just use Life Cycle. If I'm feeling lethargic, I check it and it's usually because I've been averaging in the low 40s.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Wow, you get so much more sleep than me! :o 

If it makes you feel any better, I still typically feel pretty tired when I get out of bed during the work week lol

22 hours ago, Guzzi said:

I couldn’t find the ‘benchmark’ thing, but i did find more info about how it records sleep.  Apparently if your Fitbit tracks your heart rate then it can show you your sleep cycles....  I’m using a Fitbit Flex 2, which doesn’t have that function so the data is less accurate.  I actually do have a Fitbit that does measure your heart rate so i might try wearing that for a few nights to see if it gives me more information. 

Ah, that explains why your chart looked different from mine. Do you usually sleep until you wake up naturally, or do you wake up by alarm? And do you practice good sleep hygiene? (Ok, that's probably a kettle/pot situation, since I don't currently do that myself :lol:.) I know some of my fellow warriors that do pretty well on an average closer to 5 or 6 hours. 8 hours a night is hard!