• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

*gives Nymianh a high five on finding a fellow pathfinder down here* 

I'm retired, though. Only running a single Strange Aeons PBP on paizo boards. 

And Grats on finding a way to sneak kale into meals, I heard that stuff is yucky ><

Hmm... Ground cumin... I'm trying to incorporate cumin into my diet. And drinking a cup of cumin water is stretching it, even for me. I wonder if it goes with blackbeans.... 

But chickpeas are a very forgiving food. We soak the dried chickpeas (340g) overnight in 1100 ml water and cook it for about 4h in a slow cooker with salt, 2 Bay leaves, half a bulb of garlic, 7 shallots, a handful of ground black pepper corns. I smash the onions and garlic and black pepper corns ol skool with a motar and pestle. Then we just take out the whole lot, drain the water and nom. Even my niece joins in the fun. 

14 hours ago, Mortimer said:

*gives Nymianh a high five on finding a fellow pathfinder down here* 

I'm retired, though. Only running a single Strange Aeons PBP on paizo boards. 

And Grats on finding a way to sneak kale into meals, I heard that stuff is yucky ><

Hmm... Ground cumin... I'm trying to incorporate cumin into my diet. And drinking a cup of cumin water is stretching it, even for me. I wonder if it goes with blackbeans.... 

But chickpeas are a very forgiving food. We soak the dried chickpeas (340g) overnight in 1100 ml water and cook it for about 4h in a slow cooker with salt, 2 Bay leaves, half a bulb of garlic, 7 shallots, a handful of ground black pepper corns. I smash the onions and garlic and black pepper corns ol skool with a motar and pestle. Then we just take out the whole lot, drain the water and nom. Even my niece joins in the fun. 

Hey! Another PF person! Awesome! :D

Strangely I can barely *taste* the kale in this recipe. I'll admit it's better with spinach and Swiss chard though. (And double the spices.)

Gamer dork food notes, hyper-happy-to-share version:

Spoiler

We make a variation using Thai red curry paste and chunky peanut butter that fills up the gaming group--we call it the "Davor special" after the character whose mom makes it for him while he's growing up--half-orc boys get pretty hungry, and it's cheap and filling. We *usually* do burritos (pinto beans & ground pork), but sometimes do the "Davor special", and every once in a while I give up and bake the boys corndogs.  It may not be the most nutritious stuff but at least I know the other players have a full tummy at least once a week. For some of the group, that's their biggest and best meal of the week.

OMG, dude. CUMIN + BLACK BEANS = SERIOUS WIN

Dooooo Iiiiiiit. You won't regret it.

Hmm. Since no one is eating the black bean stew except me, the next batch will be made with cumin. And I'll sprinkle cumin over the blackbean stew I'm eating on Wednesday - it has already been batch cooked. 

I think if I'm hosting any games in person (I'm more of a on the GM side of the screen person - I suspect it has to do with my inner need for control), the finger foods will be almonds and cashews. No chips and soft drinks in the house! 

Following up on "Do The Thing": I passed the Security+ today, with a respectable score.

Thank you for the challenge, miss_marissa! It definitely kicked my butt into gear!

• Like 2

Congratulations, NymianH! We finally figured out the trip to Taiwan thing, they said our package had been changed, we didn't want to take that package, so I asked them for a new package and now we're going for a slightly more pricy package to Taiwan. But again, how many people get to brag that they've been in a hot air balloon? We'll get to do that when we're there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NymianH said:

Following up on "Do The Thing": I passed the Security+ today, with a respectable score.

Because you are awesome. Duh.

Seriously, congratulations. Well earned reward for hard work! :) 

Also, I did try out a new recipe, even though it's not very adventurous. I made a dry rub, and applied it to a rack of baby back ribs, that I wrapped loosely in aluminum foil and put into a 300F/150C oven for five hours. After the five hours, I brushed barbecue sauce over the ribs and increased the temperature to 350F/175C, and uncovered the ribs (also removed foil as needed). Oven baked for another 15-20 minutes. Ate with garlic bread and much enjoyment.

Dry rub spice mix:

• 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 tablespoon or less of cayenne pepper (unless you like it HOT)
  • 1-2 tablespoons chili powder

The dry rub:

mx6B1tc.jpg

A corner of the finished product:

HhEReix.jpg