On 6/18/2019 at 10:54 AM, Salinger said:

You are doing amazing wow!!! Great job CQ <3 xx

On 6/18/2019 at 8:17 PM, Cheetah said:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys!

Week 4

Tuesday - Crossfit
Strength: Overhead Squats 5x5

I really hate overhead squats! I'm very bad at them and the last time I did them I only used the bar to practice technique. This time I attempted to add some weight. I failed with 25kg so dropped down to 23.5kg and managed to get through all 5 sets at this weight. I had to put on my wrist wraps though as it was incredibly stressful on my wrists. 

WOD (I'm struggling to remember this wod, but i think this is right!)

6 RFT

9 Front Squats - this was thrusters, but I subbed those out for front squats due to my shoulders

7 ring rows

5 bar facing burpees

I quite liked this one. 

Wednesday - Bulletproof shoulders program

I did my first session from the program on Wednesday and oh boy, is it intense! There are some exercises for strengthening the rotator cuff that are really hard but I made sure I finished all of them. 

Thursday - Crossfit

Strength: Snatch Grip Deadlift 6x3 

This was an interesting one. The idea is to build strength for the snatch that we'll be working on during this strength cycle (fun!). It's a weird setup as you have to have a really wide grip on the bar, which alters your starting position. It also changes your grip so the bar really digs into your thumbs. I comfortably managed 65kg, but any more and the bar would have slipped right out of my hands (the bar was slipping a lot in the last few sets)

WOD

3 Rounds:

5 elevated ring rows

5 C&J 

Straight into

3 Rounds:

7 Ring rows

5 C&J

So the idea was to pick the hardest variation of a gymnastics movement that helps build to a bar muscle up (so a bar muscle up if you can do them) that you could do for the first 3 rounds and then pick a slightly easier movement for the last 3. The hardest I can do is elevated ring rows, so that's what I did. 

I can't do jerks, so I just did the cleans. But I wanted to push myself as hard as I could so I went as heavy as I thought I could manage for the amount of rounds. I went for 35kg, thinking that if it got too difficult, I could drop the weight down for the final three rounds. Turns out that I didn't need to do that and did all the power cleans at that weight. It's the highest weight I've ever cleaned. It felt very bad ass! Now I really want to find out what my 1RM power clean is!

alison brie kiss GIF by GLOW Netflix

Ohhh I so need to do a GLOW themed challenge next time

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Great work!  I've never tried an overhead squat, but it sounds like the kind of thing that for me would end in a head injury.

You're doing awesome, keep it up!

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Week 4

Saturday - Crossfit

I did my usual Saturday morning Metcon. The warm up was a lot of running - 400m tethered with partner, 400m wall ball carry ending with 400m tethered. Running with a wall ball is as awkward as it sounds, thankfully, years of OCRs has prepared me for such things :P

Metcon
100, 80, 60, 30,15

Ab-Mat Sit ups

box jump overs

Db snatch

My partner and moved quickly through this workout, but the time cap was really short for such a long workout (25 mins). We were half way through the 60 reps when the time cap hit. It would have been nice to finish the workout, but I get that time caps are there for a reason. It was a very hot and humid day so my clothes were drenched with sweat!

I had an appointment at the vet for Dexter-cat to get his boosters and his annual check up. The vet was very happy with his condition and said he looked very healthy for a cat his age, which was nice to hear. I love the little shithead.

After the vets, I jumped in the car and met @Rhovaniel at her gym for a squat session. We were hoping to do some squats and deadlifts, but the gym was very small and there was a big group of bros using the equipment. We managed to jump on a squat rack, but when we finished, the bros were using the only deadlift platform, so we messed around on the rig in the middle of the gym and then called it a day and went for a coffee. 

Sunday - Running & Bulletproof shoulder program

It took me the whole challenge, but I eventually went for a run! It was nothing big, just a twice around the park but it was was what I needed. When I got back I did the second session of my shoulder program. This session wasn't as intense as the first one, it was more focused on mobility than building strength.

Challenge Wrap Up

1. Get to the end of this damn challenge! DONE

I'm still here! I didn't engage with others as much as I wanted to. But the aim was to get back into the habit of updating, so next time around I'll make sure I follow more people and post on their challenges.

2. CrossFit 3 times a week, obvs DONE

I don't think I missed a session over the last 4 weeks. More importantly, I'm still really enjoying it. I'm definitely getting stronger and that makes me excited.

3. Run........sometimes NOT DONE

I could have done better here. I used running in WODS as an excuse not to run on my own. I'll carry this over to next challenge

4. Bulletproof Shoulder Program

I've made a good start here. I'll continue this in the next challenge. 

• Like 1

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

• Like 1

2020 Races: