Strength (STR) - 2

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 3

Constitution (CON) - 3

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 2

Health Goals

Run at least three times a week STA +1, CON +2

I've been running on and off (mostly off) for a few months. I trained for and ran a marathon about eight years ago but stopped running afterward and hardly ran again until last November. I was running every second day until I developed a chest infection in January and have been inconsistent ever since.

Run 10km in under 45 minutes (current best 57:33) STA +3, DEX +3

This is actually quite daunting. Since the marathon, I have run 10km exactly once (last December, dressed as Santa Claus). Barring illness or injury, I'm sure I can do it again but the time is a real challenge. I'll consider the challenge 75% complete if I do it in under 50 minutes, 50% if under 55, and 25% if under an hour.

Be able to do 50 push-ups in a row STR +2 STA +2

I should be able to do this. I've been to that level before but haven't consistently done push-ups for about a year. I had a small but persistent wrist injury that stopped me doing them for a couple of months, and put me back to square one, and I couldn't find the motivation to start again.

Life Goal

Get approved for a mortgage WIS +2

I currently live in a rented apartment with my partner and our 3-year-old son. It's too small, we need a garden, and don't want to waste any more money paying someone else's mortgage. So I need to get the paperwork together and sort out a mortgage application.

Edited by funkyderek
Additional information

I ran 3.09km today in 14:12.

A decent time. At that pace I would complete 10km inside 46 minutes. I'm more concerned with distance at the moment as I've been struggling to do much more than 3km lately.

I also cycled 4.38km (to work) in 9:59, over two minutes inside my personal best. I was still late!

Ran 3.05km yesterday. 14:55 which was a decent time. I beat my personal best for a mile (6:44) which was the intention, and also scraped a PB for 1 km. My overall time suffered as a result. I need to work more on increasing my distance than my speed.

Ran 3.05km yesterday. 14:55 which was a decent time. I beat my personal best for a mile (6:44) which was the intention, and also scraped a PB for 1 km. My overall time suffered as a result. I need to work more on increasing my distance than my speed.

Good goals! I agree with what you have said here - I find that I do best if I build a distance base and then work on speed. Good luck with your PB!

Woot for a PB, and for self-motivation!

I did 45 push-ups yesterday in five reps. A little sore after that. I intended to go running today but my calves were too sore. I may have strained what I have discovered are my soleus muscles. Hope I'll be OK to run tomorrow.

I eased back into running yesterday. 3.07km in 15:00 exactly, which is pretty good considering I was taking it easy. The disastrous attempt at speed work may have had some benefit after all.

Having talked to a physiotherapist (OK, a physiotherapy student who's just finished his degree) it seems that switching from walking to work to cycling may have been a factor. I'll be alternating from now on.

Nice work! How are your calves?

Much better, thanks. I ran 4km on Saturday and another 3km today. Another 63 push-ups yesterday.

I don't know if my 10km goal is achievable without injury. But I'll keep working towards it anyway. I'll get there eventually.

I ran 5.41 km yesterday in 26:12. That's a distance record for this year (by about 150 metres) and my best 5km was just 7 seconds outside the PB I set on Saturday. Not bad considering I'd already cycled 8km that day.

Thursday's my birthday. Would I be crazy to attempt a 10km?

Having not done any push-ups for a while, my app told me yesterday was an endurance test i.e. as many push-ups as possible without a break. I managed a disappointing 25.