Elastigirl :The Joy Continues

Elastigirl

47 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That is so awesome! I am very happy for both of you. I'm familiar with Dave Ramsey series as well and when people follow them it very rarely goes badly. I'm proud of both of you for your focus and hard work. Now go out there and build wealth. Enjoy that dinner!

Thanks. And as my it doesn't have to be perfect to work, we didn't follow him perfectly, and we still were able to do it.

• Like 2

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

So, to me, the budget, and health is all just part of the same picture. The focus being that I need to live my life with intention. The older I get , the faster time goes by, and I realize that unless I purposely set a course of action, I will just end up drifting along aimlessly, never really accomplishing anything.

Oh EG, this is amazing and exactly what I needed to hear tonight!! I want to be intentional in every area of my life too - thank you so much for sharing your progress and learning with us!! And congratulations on paying off your house! That's just awesome!!!

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

On 5/30/2019 at 4:51 AM, Elastigirl said:

I sing so I don't forget to breathe

Nice trick!

Congratulations on achieving budget goals and getting debt free! That's amazing! Enjoy!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

On 5/31/2019 at 8:20 PM, Elastigirl said:

PAYING OFF OUR HOUSE! That's right , we are totally 100% debt free!!

Oh that is amazing! Congratulations!

On 5/31/2019 at 8:20 PM, Elastigirl said:

And I am very thankful for this place. It has helped me to write out my goals, and to really work on them. And the people here are all so special, thank you all, for all your encouragement !

And we/I'm thankful for you! Thank you for always being there for us, sticking to support us, and just being an all round good friend :love_heart:

Hope you both had a great dinner! :loyal:

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 5/31/2019 at 5:41 PM, SkyGirl said:

Oh EG, this is amazing and exactly what I needed to hear tonight!! I want to be intentional in every area of my life too - thank you so much for sharing your progress and learning with us!! And congratulations on paying off your house! That's just awesome!!!

Thanks, and I'm glad that it was encouraging for you.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:28 AM, zenLara said:

Nice trick!

Congratulations on achieving budget goals and getting debt free! That's amazing! Enjoy!

Thanks

On 6/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, KB Girl said:

Wauw congratulations! That definitely deserves a celebration :) 

Very inspiring! It must be a great feeling. 

Your crow also looks awesome, I can't believe you're able to sing through that. :o

Thanks, it is an amazing feeling .We actually own our house. I mean you always say yo own your house, but really the bank owns it, but now it is ours!!!

On 6/1/2019 at 4:42 PM, NicTheRugger said:

Your crow pose is great! Love the idea of singing to remember to breathe. Keep up the great work!

Thanks. I learned that trick on here.

18 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Oh that is amazing! Congratulations!

And we/I'm thankful for you! Thank you for always being there for us, sticking to support us, and just being an all round good friend :love_heart:

Hope you both had a great dinner! :loyal:

Thanks. And the dinner was amazing. We had steak, and carrots with maple glaze, wine, and the most delicious sorbet for dessert

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Wow congrats!!! That’s quite an achievement, very inspiring! :) Love the whole health connection too.

Also A+ for singing crow :D 

Thanks

18 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Wow, congratulations!  That’s fantastic!!!!!

Thanks

• Like 3

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Well CNBC stated the average American had 38k in personal debt, not including mortgages, so Grats for being much better then the norm! 

I think that preparing your own food is much cheaper then eating outside but I'll need to crunch the numbers for the zucchinis (for my zucchini boats) - they aren't that cheap. But $7 of cauliflowers and broccolis would keep me fed(veggie wise), for lunch and dinner for 3 days. And those $7 might get me lunch and dinner for the day outside if I'm trying to be economical? 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Well CNBC stated the average American had 38k in personal debt, not including mortgages, so Grats for being much better then the norm! 

I think that preparing your own food is much cheaper then eating outside but I'll need to crunch the numbers for the zucchinis (for my zucchini boats) - they aren't that cheap. But $7 of cauliflowers and broccolis would keep me fed(veggie wise), for lunch and dinner for 3 days. And those $7 might get me lunch and dinner for the day outside if I'm trying to be economical? 

Thanks. Yes, compared to that, we really weren't in debt "much" but it was time to level up. Amazing how much stress is removed when you have savings in the bank.

When we were first working on getting out of debt, we rarely went out to eat. Now we have an envelope with  money in it for going out to eat. Having only a set amount to spend on eating out makes me less willing to just eat out if I'm tired (I'd rather save it and go out for a date night ) So more often if we  are too tired to cook, I just do tuna sandwiches or fix a salmon patty with veggies.

For the most part, I think eating at home is much cheaper than eating out. A couple of things that really saved me money are ; making a meal plan and grocery list, using the food (mostly) that is in the house before buying new food

• Like 5

For last week I lost about a half a pound, putting me at 119.2

I started the cut on March 11. I lost 6.5 pounds, 2.5" on the belly, 2.5" on the waist and 1.5 " on the hips overall. Pretty good!  And, as I said before I am pretty sure I gained muscle, as the inches are lower than when I was at 118.

This week I am switching to maintenance. I listed myself as sedentary. so my calorie allowance is  bit lower than before on maintenance. I figure that should help on the weekends, as I always eat more. I also decided on weekends that I like the  freedom to eat a bit more, with game nights and often Sunday church food.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

For last week I lost about a half a pound, putting me at 119.2

I started the cut on March 11. I lost 6.5 pounds, 2.5" on the belly, 2.5" on the waist and 1.5 " on the hips overall. Pretty good!  And, as I said before I am pretty sure I gained muscle, as the inches are lower than when I was at 118.

This week I am switching to maintenance. I listed myself as sedentary. so my calorie allowance is  bit lower than before on maintenance. I figure that should help on the weekends, as I always eat more. I also decided on weekends that I like the  freedom to eat a bit more, with game nights and often Sunday church food.

Congratulations on the successful cut!  I never have the discipline to be methodical enough for true cut and gain phases. 

Enjoy those weekends!  With how hard to workout I'm sure you can handle a little food-freedom.

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

8 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Yeah another thing about eating in is also the convenience of having to dial the number and wait for your food. Your food is in the freezer! Now to make sure my new house has a microwave... 

I've never lived anywhere without a microwave. Not sure what I'd do.:smile-new:

• Like 1

Did a ring workout from GMB yesterday https://gmb.io/rings-workouts/- the pushing strength one. And I did some pull ups, because I want to work back up with those. Today I did a weighted vest workout of squats and lunges, and crow practice.

Yesterday evening my son came over. We had salmon and coleslaw, and a new recipe with delicate squash flavored with a bit of maple syrup and sage. When I was at the garden store, they had sage plants, so I bought one. Sage isn't really a herb I cook with much, but I liked the flavor. We are going to Disneyworld in December, which is a long time away. But if you want dinner reservations at the more popular restaurants you need to reserve now. So we did some trip planning of which day we wanted to be at the park, and the fancy restaurant we wanted. We are going to eat at the Be Our Guest restaurant (Beauty and the Beast themed) It is very cool, and reservations fill up fast.

I am now on maintenance. I am tracking with MFP. I always feel like I should write a disclaimer, because people always wonder how to get it exact. The answer is you can't. If you look at the amounts of calories people list on MFP, and it often varies. If something is packaged, that is easy, but fresh food is harder. I use it to give me a general idea, and for accountability. It actually helps me to feel like I have more choices. So if I feel like having some dairy free ice cream, I just need to realize that then I need to eat less of something else. So maybe for dinner I can just have some protein and salad, and then have room for dessert. When  it's just me or hubby, I weigh my food. It's quick and easy to do. When we have other people over, I just eyeball it. And some foods  (like soup) I just eyeball.  My point is, I don't get overly worried about making things exact, ball park is close enough. I believe MFP is just one of the tools I use. I also need to pay attention to my hunger cues. This week I am back on maintenance. That means when I finish a meal I should feel satisfied. Not so full as to be uncomfortable. But like I am happily content with what I ate. If over the next couple of weeks my weight steadily goes up or down, then I will adjust as necessary

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Sage isn't really a herb I cook with much, but I liked the flavor.

For me sage always tastes (and smells) like American Thanksgiving. I used to use more of it (I had a couple large sage plants growing) but then realized it was so much better if I just saved it all for Thanksgiving. So now I rarely use it, except for Thanksgiving where I go overboard. I think I got that from my grandmother, but not sure.

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

On 6/3/2019 at 5:26 PM, Lightning said:

Congratulations on the successful cut!  I never have the discipline to be methodical enough for true cut and gain phases. 

Enjoy those weekends!  With how hard to workout I'm sure you can handle a little food-freedom.

Thanks. Neither do I really. I more just have times where I'm more lax about what I eat, and don't care if I gain some weight. And then I decide to lose the weight. But I do keep working out, so I have gained muscle

6 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

For me sage always tastes (and smells) like American Thanksgiving. I used to use more of it (I had a couple large sage plants growing) but then realized it was so much better if I just saved it all for Thanksgiving. So now I rarely use it, except for Thanksgiving where I go overboard. I think I got that from my grandmother, but not sure.

The only time I really use it is Thanksgiving. It will be interesting to see how having it in the garden  changes that

• Like 4

On 6/4/2019 at 2:26 AM, Lightning said:

This sums up my thoughts. Congrats on the great cut phase.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

20 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

This sums up my thoughts. Congrats on the great cut phase.

Thanks

• Like 1

Went on  walk with my friend today. Also did my ring workout:

5 circuits

ring plank hold 10 sec

ring knee push up 7/6/5/5/4

dip and top position 8/8/8/8/8

top position hold 10 sec

5 sets of pull up 1 full, 2 half, a hold and a negative

stretching

• Like 6

On 6/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, Elastigirl said:

Today I did a weighted vest workout of squats and lunges, and crow practice.

Beast! What a great idea to add a weighted vest to something like crow practice. I'm also late to the graduation of debt party, but CONGRATZ to you and Mr. I :D That's so awesome and freeing to not have that weighing down on you guys!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

You know, it's so cool that you can do pull-ups and top position holds and dips. I'm a little bit jelly, but in a good way ;)

I love mixing it up. Doing kettlebells for a while, then something else

12 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

Beast! What a great idea to add a weighted vest to something like crow practice. I'm also late to the graduation of debt party, but CONGRATZ to you and Mr. I :D That's so awesome and freeing to not have that weighing down on you guys!

Wolf

Not quite that beasty , the vest was for the leg work, not the crow.