Elastigirl :The Joy Continues

On 6/18/2019 at 3:55 PM, Mortimer said:

I put myself in zumba classes every fortnight. Now when the music plays, my feet start to twitch, but I don't know what to do with my hands and the rest of the body lol. 

:biggrin-new: Do you enjoy it?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Had 18,000 step yesterday.I went on a short lunchtime walk, and then did some housework, and then went on another walk with hubby in the evening. He's in a contest at work, so he's super inspired to get all the steps in

The scale had gone up two pounds since last week. Some of that was just more eating out, sodium. But, I had been on a birthday eat all the foods fun time, so I scaled it back. Tracked my calories in MFP, but then didn't enter the calories burned from our evening walk. Today the scale was down a pound. I'll do the same today and see how that works. Pretty easy way to scale back, as walking doesn't make me super hungry.

Copy and paste from my training logs the last  two days

warm up
then crow training.Crow training was amazing. One of those perfect days where you feel like everything is clicking. I almost didn’t do it, because when I woke up my shoulder felt sort of cranky (not sore, just stiff) but after I warmed up it felt fine. I found the right balance spot, and it almost seemed easy. Was able to do a few 30 second holds
Warmed up some more then did
4 circuit 5 reps
goblet squat- 25#/30#/30#35#
single leg deadlift 25# x 3 last set 30#
walking lunge- across room and back and then across
jump squats

frog stretch

Today

warm up
Then I did 100 Kettlebell one hand swings with 25Lb. I heard a coach on a podcast say that for women, doing things like swings before your strength workout can boost testosterone and the other good hormones, and help you with the strength. So, I thought I’d try for a bit and see how it worked.

5 sets
reverse row 5 reps- did pulling prep felt strong
push up - nailed them felt super strong

rest
5 sets
dips- did a couple full dips each set, then toes on ground
pull up - mix of full, partial, negative

rest then 2 sets
plank hold RTO
top position
was going to do 3 sets, but I was tired

Then did a cool down

• Like 7

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Sorry I'm very late, but happy birthday :) 

Sounds like you celebrated properly- and isn't it nice to be able to have your cake and eat it and then just scale back a bit the following days? 

On 6/20/2019 at 3:56 AM, Elastigirl said:

then crow training.Crow training was amazing. One of those perfect days where you feel like everything is clicking. I almost didn’t do it, because when I woke up my shoulder felt sort of cranky (not sore, just stiff) but after I warmed up it felt fine. I found the right balance spot, and it almost seemed easy.

Awesome and lovely! Wish you many more of those days. 

• Like 2

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sorry I'm very late, but happy birthday :) 

Sounds like you celebrated properly- and isn't it nice to be able to have your cake and eat it and then just scale back a bit the following days? 

Awesome and lovely! Wish you many more of those days. 

Thanks, and not so late. It was very nice.

10 hours ago, Hiroro said:

Looks like your challenge is going great, sorry for being so late :P 

Happy belated birthday!

So good to see your crow practice paying off! And I'm beyond impressed that you can out-pullup your husband and son, wow.

Thanks! Well, to be truthful, neither my husband or son are trying to do pullups. Most likely if they worked on them, they would pass me in about a weekB) But, that  kind of proves that while I'm not super coordinated , I still have my tenacity super power!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Wow, you are doing so great with the crow pose now, and you had a great workout to follow that up too.

Hope your hubby gets all the steps in for that contest :D

Thanks.

It is nice that he is motivated because every evening we are  free he wants to go for a walk.He earns points for walking, and the points earn him an Amazon gift card. That's all the good stuff. The not so good, in the challenge he is in, some of the people are saying they are walking 200,000 steps a day, for like 5 days in a row:flustered:. So, obviously cheating. It's not like my husband's team was going to be in the top competitors, but still it's frustrating when people are obviously cheating. Ah well, he is still being motivated and likes to see how much he can help his team

• Like 2

Goal wise, this weekend wasn't good. Just in one of those I don't care modes. Saturday  I decided not to track food because I didn't want to, and I was  working out in the yard. NOt heavy work, but not light weeding either, so I have no idea how to track. Our raspberries were threatening a world take over, so I pruned them back into shape. It would be fine not to track, but then I jst wanted to eat all the things. And then at game night, I had more food. I didn't feel overstuffed , but close to it. Sunday I didn't track either. I did go for a walk. But I  ate a bunch of our snacky high calorie food (granola corn chips) and did feel a bit over stuffed. Well, moving on. Today is a new day.

Challenge wrap up;

Goals; 

Prayer before meals

Eat slow, think about how the food tastes, finish chewing before I take another bite, if I'm eating with others enjoy the conversation

Use MFP as a tool to help  my goals

Eat foods that nourish me and make me feel good

Treats I have, enjoy them  let them bring me joy

Pay attention to my hunger cues

When Eating out, keep within my goals ( exception my birthday!) 

I will of course keep working out. I am finishing up my kettlebell program, still working on my crow, going geocaching, lots of walks. Not sure what I'm doing after I finish the Kbs. Maybe rings.

I did really well. Had my birthday this challenge. Enjoyed it, went off track a little for a couple of days, then back on track. Big picture I did really well, staying on course for the majority of time. Interesting note; I can get just as burned out paying attention to my hunger cues ( sometimes I feel a bit neurotic on this- Am I really hungry- how do I know) as I do of tracking. I think that even those days where I say I don't care, I still do alright. Maybe a bit over maintenance but not bad. I maintained my weight., so that is good. And  gained in strength.

I'm trying to decide if I will eat at a deficit for the challenge or not. Mulling it over this week.

• Like 4

On 6/24/2019 at 6:20 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Happy very belated birthday!! 

And yay for crow pose, that's very very cool.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sometimes you need a break, as this weekend probably shows. Maybe it's been enough of a break? Maybe not? :)

Yes, it was really enough of a break. Monday I had no  problem tracking. I actually ate a bit under calories, because I wasn't that hungry. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 4:56 AM, Elastigirl said:

So, obviously cheating. It's not like my husband's team was going to be in the top competitors, but still it's frustrating when people are obviously cheating.

Oh that is very frustrating! and unfair! Because if they weren't cheating other teams would actually stand a good chance, and it really motivates you to put effort in. But if teams are cheating you may have a 'fatalistic' thought of why even try. But in general it just makes me angry. Good going on hubby for still putting in all effort, and you obviously for supporting him. :loyal:

On 6/24/2019 at 10:38 PM, Elastigirl said:

I did really well. Had my birthday this challenge. Enjoyed it, went off track a little for a couple of days, then back on track. Big picture I did really well, staying on course for the majority of time. Interesting note; I can get just as burned out paying attention to my hunger cues ( sometimes I feel a bit neurotic on this- Am I really hungry- how do I know) as I do of tracking. I think that even those days where I say I don't care, I still do alright. Maybe a bit over maintenance but not bad. I maintained my weight., so that is good. And  gained in strength.

Great going on this challenge! It's in your personality to want to stick to the rules, so even though you give yourself a little bit of a break some days, it is always in your thoughts (subconsciously), so I totally understand that any thing you focus on (like hunger cues), can lead to burn out. Maybe taking a bit of a break from tracking for only this break week, will help to alleviate a little bit of the pressure? You won't go crazy on food. That isn't like you.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 6/24/2019 at 10:56 AM, Elastigirl said:

Thanks.

It is nice that he is motivated because every evening we are  free he wants to go for a walk.He earns points for walking, and the points earn him an Amazon gift card. That's all the good stuff. The not so good, in the challenge he is in, some of the people are saying they are walking 200,000 steps a day, for like 5 days in a row:flustered:. So, obviously cheating. It's not like my husband's team was going to be in the top competitors, but still it's frustrating when people are obviously cheating. Ah well, he is still being motivated and likes to see how much he can help his team

Yeah definitely not possible to do 200,000 steps 5 days in a row. I don't even manage 20,000 steps 5 days in a row, though I come close. (18k - 30k steps per day) 

Yep, unfortunately you can cheat fitbit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/fitbit/comments/4bko9i/200000_steps_a_day/

3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Yeah definitely not possible to do 200,000 steps 5 days in a row. I don't even manage 20,000 steps 5 days in a row, though I come close. (18k - 30k steps per day) 

Yep, unfortunately you can cheat fitbit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/fitbit/comments/4bko9i/200000_steps_a_day/

A person on the link ran an ultra marathon and that will still only 108,000 steps! For my husbands work, in order to make it accessible for everyone, you don't even have to have a Fitbit, you can just manually record the steps.  It seems to me that the cheaters are just trolling. I mean, it is so obvious they are cheating.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Oh that is very frustrating! and unfair! Because if they weren't cheating other teams would actually stand a good chance, and it really motivates you to put effort in. But if teams are cheating you may have a 'fatalistic' thought of why even try. But in general it just makes me angry. Good going on hubby for still putting in all effort, and you obviously for supporting him. :loyal:

Great going on this challenge! It's in your personality to want to stick to the rules, so even though you give yourself a little bit of a break some days, it is always in your thoughts (subconsciously), so I totally understand that any thing you focus on (like hunger cues), can lead to burn out. Maybe taking a bit of a break from tracking for only this break week, will help to alleviate a little bit of the pressure? You won't go crazy on food. That isn't like you.

Thanks, yes it is my personality to stick to the rules. And I think I'm overstressing about gaining weight. Thanks for the reminder that I won't go crazy on food.

• Like 1