• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NightWatcher13

NightWatcher13 is back... Again, and a mite grumpy

602ee5c2a62b43d9f7fe089ece0f2d98.jpg

Yup, it's me. On the plus side, the new career trajectory is going really well... On the other hand, I've been working a lot and trying to get things sorted, so time has been an illusion for a few months.

Actual progress (outside of work) - over the last few months I've signed up for the local Y and a yoga class there, and while I haven't been minding my diet as much as I'd like to be I haven't gained more weight so that's a plus.

But I've settled into the new apartment, am extremely happy at the new job and actually feel like I'm making some progress in life in general... Which I haven't really been able to say for a long time.

Goals?

5ca525f74c0a0158a51ac47c3619c3f2.jpg

Main goal - reclaiming my time (and still my health as well)

SG1 - getting up earlier. (4 points/week)

5590b5d3255047fa0a642ce732488419.jpg

I'm glad my job is flexible and I'm basically allowed to get in anytime between 6am and 8am (and I haven't been yelled at for being later than that on occasion), but my base shift when I don't have overtime is 4 10-hr shifts, so getting in at 8am means I'm there till 6pm. So I need to get better at getting up in the morning when my alarm goes off instead of snoozing. Which means I need to get better at going to bed on time.

SG2 - food (5 points/week)

45eb376198634655561ab93b6096162b.jpg

So dieting doesn't sound fun. At all. But my knees are also getting more painful and my fat is actually limiting my flexibility more than my actual muscles are in Yoga right now, so I do need to get my food under control before I wind up with damage, either from all the sugar (family history of diabetes that I need to watch out for) or mechanically to my knees. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably always be heavy and I'm good with that, but I don't feel happy or comfortable in my body currently and it's making physical activity harder, so I need to get the diet under control so my body can get back to a more comfortable setpoint. I'm at 250-260 right now, ultimately I'd like to get back to 150ish - that being said if I get to 180 and my body's happy, I'm happy. So for now, my actual goal on this will be to track my food 5 days a week at minimum, and post it for accountability.

SG3 - Physical activity (5 points/week)

3617fe52c8644bca7c939d56c9b5f307.jpg

As mentioned, I opted to take a yoga class at the local Y that meets twice a week and now have a membership there as well. For this goal, it's not a specific activity I'm after - gardening, yoga, Zombies, Run! as a power walk (did I mention the knee pain? Yeah I can't run... But I do love Z,R!), swimming - they all count long as they get done for long enough to actually be a physical activity. So on top of yoga, I'd like to work on getting off work on time and going swimming or for a long walk

Life Goal - soooo this one is 2 things, but one is already well underway so I feel less bad - I just want the extra accountability.

Part 1 - Japanese. (5 points/week)

I've been re-learning Japanese for work purposes - my company is Japanese owned, and besides that I've always loved Japanese culture. So I've been working on that with things like Duolingo and Learn Japanese Podcast, I do need actual verbal practice as well but that's been harder to find.

Part 2 - guitar (2 points)

This one's the one I keep meaning to get to and not getting to. I'm starting out with just 2 practices a week for this (I have gotten slightly more consistent the last couple of months so it's about once a week rather than once a month that I remember to grab my guitar)

So, sorry for the repeat respawns this winter and disappearances... I will try to be consistent this round, and keep you entertained with pics of the grumpiest grump ever to grump

4926c62a92c320f9314130ca6fc8ec8e.jpg

(I guarantee this will happen at least once... Probably on a D&D night lol)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

New (to me) people! I love new people!

Sounds like things are coming to order in your life; congratulations on the job and the work you've been keeping at even if you weren't posting it here. Looks like you've got a good plan for going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whisper said:

New (to me) people! I love new people!

Sounds like things are coming to order in your life; congratulations on the job and the work you've been keeping at even if you weren't posting it here. Looks like you've got a good plan for going forward.

*Waves* well met!

Thanks much, I hope moving forward does go a bit more smoothly this round :) 

• Like 1

So, sorry for the repeat respawns this winter and disappearances... I will try to be consistent this round, and keep you entertained with pics of the grumpiest grump ever to grump

Welcome baaaaaack!!! I am glad your life clicked in while you were absent here, we missed you, but don't be sorry! We are here to support you and if you can't post we understand
  • Like 1

Welcome baaaaaack!!! I am glad your life clicked in while you were absent here, we missed you, but don't be sorry! We are here to support you and if you can't post we understand

Thanks much! It's good to be back

• Like 1

Welcome back :). I also got back recently, and sometimes it is so hard to not disappear again. However, I think that working on goals consistently actually helps me forward a lot. 

Anyway, I love the cat-memes in your challenge description (is it the same cat in all memes?)! Your goals are solid as well, I'll be here to cheer you on :).

• Like 1

Welcome back . I also got back recently, and sometimes it is so hard to not disappear again. However, I think that working on goals consistently actually helps me forward a lot. 

Anyway, I love the cat-memes in your challenge description (is it the same cat in all memes?)! Your goals are solid as well, I'll be here to cheer you on .

Thanks! Yeah, the accountability is something I desperately need so I don't keep shoving my health onto the back burner like I tend to.

Yup, it's all the same cat, Tartar Sauce aka Grumpy Cat :) she is/was (, she died recently) absolutely adorable and the captions with her face always make me laugh.
6461d65fb5d3fcc0ebc3f7ebd734c0fc.gif

• Like 2

Go figure, it was my weekend off and I woke up before 7 every. Single. Day. Hopefully that continues tomorrow without issue lol

I have a wasp that apparently decided she was going to live on my front porch - on of the big, nasty ones with a stinger from hell. I made her an offer she couldn't refuse (in the form of a lot of sugar water/lemon juice with soap mixed in) so I could actually have my porch back :) There's not many bugs I don't like, but those are on that list.

So far today food got tracked (I may have a snack later), japanese got practiced though my brain was extreeeemely uncooperative, and I will be going for a walk with Z, R! here in a bit cause it's nice and not super gross outside. My fingers on my left hand are still a bit grumpy from me practicing on my sister's acoustic this weekend for fun. It sounded super pretty though so I'm not super fussed about it, I just need to get my fingers used to the strings again. 

Points so far this week :

SG1 - Getting up - 1/4

SG2 - Food - 1/5

SG3 - PA - 1/5

LG - Japanese - 1/5, Guitar 0/2

• Like 2

Welcome back. I just started a new job and it is SUPER disruptive to my systems and really does break into my day :apathy: I'm glad your back and I'm glad you're settling in. Good luck on the challenge 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 8:17 PM, Countess D'If said:

Welcome back. I just started a new job and it is SUPER disruptive to my systems and really does break into my day :apathy: I'm glad your back and I'm glad you're settling in. Good luck on the challenge 

Thanks! And yeah, new jobs seem to be an extreme disruption to life even in the best of cases.

daf71d06b618bd395d21bf61b96d3336.jpg

Week 1 summary:
Up early - 3/4 points
Physical activity - 2/5 points
Food tracking - 5/5 points (woot!)
Japanese - 3/5 points
Guitar - 1/2

Overall not horrible, but not as great as I hoped. Part of that was having a party (farewell party for a coworker who's leaving the state) earlier this week when Yoga would have been on Wednesday, and no Yoga class Monday cause apparently the Y is closed on memorial day, and part of it was my brain being tired and not wanting to Japanese for part of the week for no discernable reason. But I'm not too upset about it, cause this week was crazy at work and other important things got done. Getting to work early most of the week (I did sleep in Saturday, Star Wars D20 went late Friday night) was super helpful :) So here's to a calmer week next week (it's my co-worker's weekend to work so it should be more laid back on my end... Should.) and doing better on my goals

• Like 1

Last week just plain sucked.

I did get about half points on everything, but without going into details drama with a coworker at work who is impatient to be switching positions (and therefore an absolute pain in the ass to work with currently) made a lot of last week very taxing. This week is going better so far, so hopefully I'll have an actual update coming shortly. I'm still fairly stressed with work things and the fact that I'm currently the only roommate doing housework because my current roommate is having an impossible time getting to a doctor to get her medications sorted out to deal with mental and physical health issues, but this week is at least still going better.

b8bd924b8599e5d0667a6f86607656ba.jpg

• Like 1