• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jakkals

Jakkals, 2019, nommer 5

It is getting cold. 

1. Walking, exercise challenge thingy part here.

I am taking much care of my ankle. It is much better, but I am aware of it. But I have to do something exercisey.

2. Keep a logbook on what I eat. Whether I like it or not I have to start counting calories sometime. This will be a start.

3. Sleep. This is very very difficult.

4. Whatever.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jakkals said:

3. Sleep. This is very very difficult.

I'm with you, there. Glad to have you onboard.

• Like 1

Dinsdag

1. Nope

2. Weighed breakfast, wrote down the rest.

3. Lights at 10:30, awake at 4:30. not enough

4. My car had some strange noises for a long time now. I finally got it on the ramp and fastened the bolt. In the process I had to remove the battery, and the wires under the battery's isolation disintegrated. That I only found on my way home when the car died on me. So my day was spend repairing cars and I have a very very rudimentary patch on a big problem. I am not pleased.

On the good side my brain stayed intact the whole day.

Kittens now need homes.

61610254_10156356328616589_3674525468700

• Like 4

Sort of the rest of the week

We had some internet trouble, and I got a serious case of the meh's.

Things sort of went downhill from there.

I had an outing yesterday visiting the yearly festival at the museum. My brother went with. It was good to mix with people, but I am easily running out of oomph among people these days. There was a singer that is apparently well known, after listening to him for 2 hours I wonder why.

I am eating like a pig. A fat pig. 

At least the repairs to my car seem to have worked. 

One kitten got a new home. 

61897200_10156363149696589_3136540721356

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jakkals said:

I had an outing yesterday visiting the yearly festival at the museum. My brother went with. It was good to mix with people, but I am easily running out of oomph among people these days.

My go to stance in these situations is to give forewarning that I'm not feeling all too well/am low on energy and might have to leave early. If the people with whom I've planned to go don't mind, then I go to the outing, enjoy it while I do, then take a back seat and either leave on my own or get away from people to let my batteries replenish and still enjoy it, without guilt.

My friends and acquaintances have learnt to know me that way so, nowadays, no real forewarning is necessary anymore (and I tend to enjoy these more and longer so I'm not always leaving early either). The point being that you should do what you enjoy.

You've got good things done among the downhill mehiness, keep at it.

• Like 1

Sondag

Done almost nothing. Walked the dogs, read in the sun, ate, read, sleep, youtube, sleep.

Our rowing season is over. It is too cold. I know, I am a coward.

Will try to do some decent postings this week. Adulting is hard.

• Like 5

You walked the dogs, read in the sun, ate, slept, read some more and slept some more, and youtube. Sounds like a rather pleasant relaxing day to me. :)

And yes, adulting is hard.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Emma said:

You walked the dogs, read in the sun, ate, slept, read some more and slept some more, and youtube. Sounds like a rather pleasant relaxing day to me. :)

And yes, adulting is hard.

Agree, sounds like what a Sunday should be :)

2 hours ago, Jakkals said:

Our rowing season is over. It is too cold. I know, I am a coward.

No, you're not a coward! You're sensible. You live up in the highveld area of Gauteng. Winter is COLD up there. If I don't want to get up early to exercise, and I'm down here in KZN which is mild compared to your place... that makes me a triple coward :D 

Make a cup of coffee and go sit in a sunny spot over lunch hour.

• Like 2

A week without posting.

Nothing really bad, nothing really good, I just went meh again.

I discovered Bondi Rescue on youtube, and did almost nothing else on Youtube for the entire week. It has been a long time since I went nuts about something, I think it is a good sign.

I did a very careful Parkrun, concentrating on my ankle the whole way. I ran half the distance, coming in at 42 minutes, and my ankle did not give any trouble. 

The last two kittens finally got homes, at 10 weeks. This week I have to take the mom to the vet. I do not know where to get the money, but it is not an option anymore.

62518372_10156382069716589_7721210111296

62166723_10156382069541589_2811326291624

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jakkals said:

I do not know where to get the money, but it is not an option anymore.

Aren't there stuff around the house, or tools that are double/triple that you could sell? Also, some vets are willing to do clinic cases, thus at a lower price.

Will pray for a solution.

I'm glad you were able to finish the park run, and your ankle was ok.

17 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Aren't there stuff around the house, or tools that are double/triple that you could sell? Also, some vets are willing to do clinic cases, thus at a lower price.

Everything we own is old and patched. If we wait a little more time we can start selling it as antiques. :). The microwave is 40 years old, my mother got it before we moved to this town.

Our local vet is very cheap. They charge R700 for the operation, the shelter charge R650, and I have to drive out of town for that.  I cannot do better, and I know the people.

But we will survive. We are solvent, it is just the cash flow that is bad.

Trying to scrape together the energy to start jogging again.

• Like 3

Dinsdag

1.  Did some running/walking. After work. It is too freaking cold in the morning.

2. Nope

3. In bed at 9:40,

read until 10:40,

awake at 3

Up at 5:30

4. I did not dress warmly enough. Will have to dose myself with pills again, I am on the edge of bronchitis.

I finished 4 books since Saturday. 2 were short, but every time I began reading obsessively I know something is wrong. I actually had the idea of dressing in running clothes, leave the front door, slip around the house and spend the time in my bedroom reading.

I do not like winter anymore.

• Like 4

Some days later.

IT seems that I have beaten the bronchitis. I still feel like crap sometimes, but the pain is gone. Planning on being very careful for a few days more, it has the habit of coming back with a vengeance.

I have slept enough last night. Feels weird. I think it was the pills.

The cat has been to the vet and back. I am now very poor, but I do not have to worry about kittens again.

• Like 4

The kittens have homes!!!! Yay! 

When it is cold outside, all I want to do is stay warm under a blanket with a hot mug of tea. I am here to be bossy:

Be kind to yourself.  Life is hard enough, don’t add on to the hardship by being so critical and calling yourself names. You are kind, generous, and have a big heart. You have always encouraged others and you raised kittens and made sure they got happy homes! Be as kind to yourself as you are to others. 

:love_heart:

• Like 2

Long weekend.

I had the sense to act sick. I stayed at home the entire weekend, dressed warmly and drinking pills. Coughed out my lungs at first, but it got better and better.

At the moment I am still wheezing a bit, but it is not painful anymore, so I have to go to work. I will see how it goes.

I had enough sleep. It is weird not to be tired.

• Like 3

Past week. 

Still snotty and slimy, but I am feeling OK.

Did Parkrun Saturday, 35 minutes, 11th place. I am sort of pleased about that. My ankle survived, and I ran most of the way.

I am worried. I have trouble I need to sort out, and I do not even want to act like an adult about it.

The loneliness is killing me.

• Like 1