• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

June 16th

sleep - went to bed after midnight. It was my conscious decision made to let me hang with my gaming friends.

workout  - none (rest day)

veggie in every meal - done

protein - lunch 60g, dinner - 14g, supper 46g - 120g total. Low. 

I overate on fats in lunch (yummy, yummy bacon), dinner was low on protein (but lots of stewed cabbage - I love it! ), and wasn't really able to throw more protein in the supper without overshooting my calories. Nothing to cry about tho.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, aramis said:

I overate on fats in lunch (yummy, yummy bacon)

I'm almost certain there's an exception if it's bacon

June 17th

sleep - internet till 10pm, then bed

workout (strength) - done 

protein - lunch 101g, dinner - 25g, supper 54g - 180g total. On point :)

• Like 3

June 18th:

sleep - went to sleep around 1am. Was busy spotting planes on nearby airport and spending quality time with my wife.

workout (running) - done 

protein - lunch 101g, dinner - 17g, supper 62g - 180g total. On point again.

I introduced running program "None to Run" as a progress from my interval jog/walking. Looks promising. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, aramis said:

I introduced running program "None to Run" as a progress from my interval jog/walking. Looks promising. 

I've used this and highly recommend it! Made a world of difference for me as well as the "Not Your Average Runner" training plans

June 19th:

sleep - went to bed around 10pm. Wife let me fall asleep bit after 11. Will not complain.  

protein - lunch 101g, dinner - 51g, supper 25g - 177g total.

I gave myself accountability reward for not skipping workouts since march - got myself proper running shoes (until now I was using my bushcraft boots).

• Like 3

June 20th:

sleep - went to bed around 10pm. Asleep soon after.  

workout (running) - done 

protein - lunch 79g, dinner - 33g, supper 68g - 180g total.

• Like 3

June 21st:

sleep - watched Luc Besson's "Lucy" with wife, went to bed around 10:30pm. Asleep after midnight with no particular reason.  

protein - lunch 101g, dinner - 41g, supper 39g - 181g total.

• Like 3

June 22nd:

sleep - evening walk, then supper. Went to bed at 10:30pm, fell asleep quick and without any problems.  

workout (running) - failed (because injury). Went on a 3km walk instead. 

protein - lunch 101g, dinner - 37g, supper 47g - 185g total.

• Like 3

June 23rd:

sleep - evening run, supper and a Malibu drink with wife. Bed at 10:30, asleep with no problem.

workout (running) - done (this one slipped from yesterday due to injury)

veggie in every meal - done

protein -  lunch 59g, dinner - 58g, supper 66g - 186g total.

• Like 1

And a post to sum up this challenge.

My goals were:

* Leveling my life - I need to start sleep consistently. My goal for now is to track my sleeping and clarify/note why I don't go to sleep as I should.

* Fitness - I need to get into running to learn to properly run (duh...) and boost my endurance. I will start learning from this article on my off days.

* Diet 1 - vegetable in EVERY meal.

* Diet 2 - I need to find a way to consume enough proteins. 

I start from the last (because who will stop me?)

* ENOUGH PROTEINS

I managed to create a system designated to work around meals made by my dad at home.

I skip breakfast because my stomach isn't happy with solid food in the morning.

Lunch - I batch cook my work lunch and make it as packed with protein as I can - 90-100g protein on average. I try to keep it low calorie as well, so I settled for now with 400g of chicken breast (weighted raw) with 400-450g grilled broccoli, cauliflower and carrot (frozen "Spring mix"). Chicken is either in form of fried/grilled garlic strips, or in form of stew with Italian herb mix. For now, the latter fits me better as strips tend to be very dry. 

Diner - not much place to move here. My dad cooks, I eat. Dinner is mostly some sort of carb heavy filler (pasta, potatoes, groats/rice or dumplings) with simple gravy, fried sausage/egg, sometimes pork or chicken breaded cutlet. My main concern here is 1)be very careful not to overeat on carbs, 2) throw as much vegetables in as I can. I try to make salads (even the simplest ones) for everybody to add some "healthy" to the meal. When my wife have time she cooks soups and one-pot dishes to add some variety to our family eating. 

Supper - here's where my "system" kicks in. I count calories and proteins of my daily meals, and plan my supper to fill the limit. In most cases it means I need to chum on some calories and lot of proteins, so my go-to food now is low-fat quark (I LOVE fresh milk and diary, and my body likes those too :D) with either fish or fruit depending on how low on proteins I am. Protein powder also helps to close the gap, but I try not to rely on it too much. One serving a day is enough 99% of a time, and if I can, I prefer real food over protein shake. 

* VEGETABLE WITH EVERY MEAL

This is self-explanatory. At first it was a struggle to remember about it, but I made a habit and it's effortless now. Once or twice when eating on the run I forgot about veggie, but overall I stick to this. Also, I changed my shopping habit - first thing I think about at store are vegetables to eat raw - this way I don't need time to prepare any salad or anything. If short on time, I just take a tomato or peel a cucumber and I'm good.

* RUNNING

This is going fine, I switched to "None to Run" program and I really enjoy my jogging. 

* SLEEP

I tracked. That was my goal. Now I need to write my reports down and "science the shit out of this". Better sleep habits will be established after research.

That would be all as for this challenge. Thank you, and see you in the next one. Cheers :) 

• Like 3