aramis on his way

June 5th:

sleep - went to bed ~ 10:30pm, fell asleep right after 11. Not bad, but too much funny cat videos in the evening.  

workout (bodyweight) - done

veggie in every meal - done

protein - lunch 95g, dinner 21g, supper 64g - 180g total. Target.

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Also:

On 6/4/2019 at 9:09 PM, aramis said:

Just realized I can make my protein shake on coffee - low cal as water, but delicious :D

giphy.gif

Yeah, mind blown indeed.

Thank you everybody for a good word and encouragement. Today I feel way better, and I'm pretty sure it's all in my head. 

Cheers :)

• Like 4

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

12 hours ago, aramis said:

Today I feel way better, and I'm pretty sure it's all in my head. 

It is!!

2016-03-07-1457362076-9973530-henryfordq

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

June 6th:

sleep - went to bed ~ 10:30pm, fell asleep after 11. Almost no computer in the evening, just quality time with my wife. Woke up about 2am due to thunderstorm, noticed it, changed my side and fell asleep again soon after..  

workout (running) - done

veggie in every meal - NOT done. Forgot about vegetable to dinner.

protein - lunch 95g, dinner 37g, supper 44g - 176g total. Good.

It was a hectic afternoon... I left work at 3pm, got home 3:45, ate dinner on the run (and forgot a veggie), went to school to organize tomorrow's family picnic (if it won't be a disaster, I'll be seriously surprised - nobody knows what to do, what's happening and who's in charge... Total mess). Came back home about 6pm, put kids  in front of TV for their cartoons. At 6:15 went on a walk, got caught by the rain. Got back home at 6:45 - shower. At 7 was already supper time for my kids, so I fed them and tried to eat my own supper. As I tried not to snap their necks, I somehow convinced them to tidy their room and took them to take bath. From this point time started to slow down, things became easier and calmer. Sheesh... we survived...

• Like 5

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

Quick report, since yesterday was family picnic at school and today is my town's festival (where I have some chores as well... bleh). Hectic weekend continues...

June 7th

sleep - went to bed ~ 10pm, fell asleep instantly.

workout (bodyweight) - done despite all the chores - it's a big WIN in my book

veggie in every meal - done, and ate some extra watermelon, strawberries and vegetable shashlik at the picnic :)

protein - lunch 95g, dinner (incl. picnic) 25g, supper 62g - 182g total. Good.

Now, run to the next chores...

On a side note - I weighted myself this morning and scale shows 77.5kg (171lb). This is stable (+/-1kg) weigh for almost a month (may 12th - 79, may 21st - 80, may 30th - 78), so looks like I found my TDEE (I try to keep my calories at 1800/day). It's a bit funny, because concerning NerdFitness calculator it is at the level of my BMR. Even with sedetary activity level it overshoots my needs for ~350kcal.  

Is it possible for me to being still on deficit, but exchanging fat for muscles (hence no weight loss), or am I rather outlier form formulas behind the calculator?

• Like 2

Bike build

Ugh... I guess I won't be sleeping tonight... I might as well report today...

June 8th

sleep - what is sleep? 

workout (running) - done 

veggie in every meal - done

protein - lunch 104g, dinner 10g, supper 67g - 181g total. Good.

Hectic day vol.2

It's 11:30pm. On my town's festival loudspeakers still blast some hideous disco. And it's just across the street from my house. I wonder, isn't there some laws that should limit loud events in residential area...? Bah, nevermind, let the people have fun. 

On more positive note - I finally started to add some running to my "learn to run" workout. 2 min march, 1 min run, rinse, repeat. Did 6 run segments. 

• Like 2

Bike build

16 hours ago, aramis said:

Is it possible for me to being still on deficit, but exchanging fat for muscles (hence no weight loss), or am I rather outlier form formulas behind the calculator?

At your height and weight, it's not likely.

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

8 hours ago, Hazard said:

it's not likely

Yeah, thought so. Also, just out of curiosity, I measured my body fat % (with calipers). I used 1 point and 3 point method, and as result I got something around 6-8%. I think it is a bit too low compared to how I look. Do you know anybody good with eyeballing estimate levels of BF% whom I could bug?

Bike build

4 hours ago, aramis said:

Yeah, thought so. Also, just out of curiosity, I measured my body fat % (with calipers). I used 1 point and 3 point method, and as result I got something around 6-8%. I think it is a bit too low compared to how I look. Do you know anybody good with eyeballing estimate levels of BF% whom I could bug?

Not an exact %, no.  But I could probably guess your % within a small range.  You'd need to post a picture here though.  Topless, so I can see your stomach.  And don't flex your abs in the picture.  Just stand relaxed.

I Stand With Gina Carano

Did you just told me a fitness equivalent of "send noodz"?

Spoiler

me-hehe.thumb.jpg.9263846c64a01492ae44f1a4c2540a60.jpg

Is it enough?

• Like 2

Bike build

2 hours ago, aramis said:

Did you just told me a fitness equivalent of "send noodz"?

:lol:.

Is it enough?

Yeah, that's fine. 

Around 16-19%

Keep in mind though, bodyfat percentage is a ratio.  Your percentage of bodyfat relative to your total weight is that high only because you don't have much muscle mass.

• Thanks 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

10 hours ago, Hazard said:

Around 16-19%

Higher than I thought, but yeah, gotta admit there's not much meat on me.

Anyway, June 9th:

sleep - browsed peoples' topics here till 10pm, then hit bed and fell asleep right away

workout - none (rest day)

veggie in every meal - done

protein - lunch 56g, dinner 29g, supper 89g - 174g total. Good.

Despite no workout, I did lots of walking, bending and squatting - it turned out we had pantry moths so I needed to clean some cabinets in the kitchen. I hate throwing food away, but had to discard some groats, flours and whole 1kg bag of almonds (sob, sob). 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Bike build

Despite no workout, I did lots of walking, bending and squatting - it turned out we had pantry moths so I needed to clean some cabinets in the kitchen. I hate throwing food away, but had to discard some groats, flours and whole 1kg bag of almonds (sob, sob). 

Oh no good luck! It's always a hassle when you need to get rid of unwanted guests in the house. Hopefully they'll stay out now! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, aramis said:

Higher than I thought, but yeah, gotta admit there's not much meat on me.

It’s obvious at a glance that you have a small waist, so I’d say you’re in great shape when it comes to how little total body fat you’re actually carrying.   Waist-to-Height ratio (WtH) is a better metric to use instead of bodyfat percentage.  WtH is just two measurements, and they can be done very accurately for everybody.  You already know your height.  So to get your WtH ratio you’d just need to grab a tape measure and measure your unflexed waist circumference at your belly button.   Divide your waist by your height and you’ll have your current ratio.

I Stand With Gina Carano

This week will be... funny. Our temp forecast:

temps.jpg.77a639227a7c9eb9ab0844acf3a5918f.jpg

In Celsius of course :) - it's up to 95 in F. For a week. With thunderstorms and tornadoes (why we even have tornadoes?)...

5 hours ago, Hazard said:

Waist-to-Height ratio (WtH) is a better metric to use instead

According to this, I'm at 0.42 ratio - college swimmer level  Of course I messed up. I'm at 0.45, which is still good.

Spoiler

yet still I look like coat hanger :)

[edit] messed my math

• Like 1

Bike build

50 minutes ago, aramis said:

According to this, I'm at 0.42 ratio - college swimmer level

Hide contents

yet still I look like coat hanger :)

A good comparison for you would be Michael Phelps.  You and he are the same height.  During his Olympic domination of swimming events, he purportedly had a 35" waist (89 cm), placing him at a 0.46 WtHr.   He was also sitting around 194-198 lbs body weight (88-89 kg).

Which is to say, you could probably shift your diet towards slow growth at this point, if you wanted to.

If so, then just make sure you exercise regularly.  Work to get stronger.  And aim to gain roughly 0.8 lbs (0.35 kg) per week.  That will allow you to add new muscle over time while minimizing any fat gains. 

If you want to do that, a good way of doing it would be to raise your calories by 100 per week, until you find the calorie amount at which you gain about 0.8 lbs (0.35 kg) of weight every week.

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

June 10th:

sleep - computer again till 10pm, then bed and fell asleep with some problems (heat etc)

protein - lunch 98g, dinner 37g, supper 43g - 178g total. Good.

• Like 3

Bike build

June 11th

sleep - due to heatwave my times shifted. Running at 9pm, supper at 10pm, bed at 11

workout (running) - done

protein - lunch 98g, dinner 28g, supper 57g - 183g total. Good.

• Like 4

Bike build

12 minutes ago, Pecs said:

I have no idea how you're alive

check my signature - and I really hate being weak. 

About temps - today at 6am was already 22C and rising. Funny time :)

• Like 1

Bike build

June 12th

sleep - needed to assemble porch swing in the evening. Went to bed at 11pm. 

protein - lunch 98g, dinner 44g, supper 41g - 183g total. Good.

• Like 4

Bike build

June 13th:

sleep - running in the evening, then supper. Went to bed at 10:30pm. 

workout (running) - done

protein - lunch 98g, dinner - none, supper 86g - 184g total. 

• Like 4

Bike build

June 14th:

sleep - workout in the evening, then supper and some quality time with wife. Went to bed at 11pm. 

workout (strength) - done

protein - lunch 98g, dinner - 23g, supper 68g - 189g total. 

• Like 2

Bike build

June 15th:

sleep - walking in the evening, then supper. Went to bed at 11pm. 

workout (running) - 50% (only fast march)

protein - lunch 57g, dinner - 24g, supper 90g - 171g total. Good enough.

• Like 3

Bike build