• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 57: Layer 2 Of That Solid Foundation

You gotta lean in to the face mask thing.
il_570xN.772724829_2crq.jpg
6127f18af8b9e6817e2defe83f5988e8.jpg
next-gen-army-mask.jpg?auto=format,compress&fit=max&q=60&w=1000&s=622d08d23ffc4105b92277cbc76f760b

Those would be fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You gotta lean in to the face mask thing.

il_570xN.772724829_2crq.jpg

This one is my favorite!  

Bummer the doc couldn't give you anything more to make life better.  

I love the slow feed bowls.  I haven't had to clean up dog yack since we got ours!  I just put a golf ball in the kitty's dish and it accomplishes the same thing.   

• Like 2

This one is my favorite!  

Bummer the doc couldn't give you anything more to make life better.  

I love the slow feed bowls.  I haven't had to clean up dog yack since we got ours!  I just put a golf ball in the kitty's dish and it accomplishes the same thing.   

Yeah - it’s not too bad at the moment; more of a maintenance so my lungs don’t get crappy again deal for now. I’ll see her again in 6 months - on the other side of my month (November) something usually happens in the air and I can’t catch my breath. We shall see if that happens his year too - hoping not with the inhaler.

Actual Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Basically a Week 4 Recap because I can’t keep track of days.

Nutrition

- [ xx] Macros
- [ ] Dietician Visit
- [ xxx] Symptoms on Cara
- [ xxx] Collage
- [ ] Meal Planning

Friday

Breakfast: Overnight oats

Lunch: Seafood buffet for a friends birthday - crab legs, clams, a couple shrimp, about half a cup potatoes (boiled and salad), about 4 ounces kinda-sad roast beef, about half a cup zucchini & 1 vodka soda - was super happy the crab legs gave my hands something to do and there was another non-drinker to talk to. Made it a whole 4:30 before I had to bounce from the smoke and loud music. I am no longer suited for American-style restaurants (this was an American-themed seafood/bbq restaurant - loud, smoky & full of signs on the walls and neon — with people dancing and yelling and having a good bucket of beers on the table time)

Dinner: Marmite rice cake with tuna salad

5217dbfcd6356702974c6eba62c8ec93.jpg

Yep - that’s my cheeky-ass dog on the kitchen table while I’m gone. Asshat.

Saturday

Breakfast: Overnight oats

Lunch: Nandos for spicy chicken skewers & pineapple - didn’t eat the salsa; picked out the peppers & onions on the side of veg

Dinner: Baked sweet potato with chicken/tomato sauce/olives

Know what I discovered? I don’t really like plain baked sweet potato. Which is a bummer because I have 3 left.

Snack: Popcorn with nutritional yeast

1a3fc5e165c2f7f3d03c17b08e222704.jpg

Sunday

Breakfast: Lemon flavored coconut yogurt

Lunch: chicken/tomato sauce/olives over rice/quinoa mix

Dinner: More of that chicken mix over rice pasta

Snack: A not terribly successful but still edible stab at a Dole whip using coconut milk & canned pineapple that it took me 10 damn minutes to suss out which single can out of 5 was packed in juice - because I shopped at Monoprix, and that’s a French grocery chain, so the house brand is in French. #expatproblems

f3c4b43bc7ad510642bf1b8da14cada1.jpg

This week: Not bad on the FODMAP front; was terrible at eating my meal plan; didn’t really hit my macros, but didn’t go too far over and off the rails most days.

I’m also doing a series on my blog about FODMAP just like I did for Whole30 in case it’ll help y’all eventually.

Ooh, and I think I may put some e-Books full of diet-specific recipes together this year. It may be awhile and I may need to remake some recipes to shoot better pics, but I think it could be helpful, since I continually point people to my archives for inspiration.

Cara tracking daily was fine

Saw the FF doc; working on getting the supplements he suggested - shipping suuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Didn’t meal plan fully for next week - want to clean pantry instead

Physical Fitness

- [ x] 2-3 yoga sessions
- [ ] Treadmill walks or rowing if I didn’t leave the house
- [ ] June Darebee
- [ x] Work with my doctor on lungs

Only got 1 yoga session in again. Next challenge I’m going to set myself the goal of taking another type of class - especially if the yoga schedule continues to not play along.

Failed at treadmill walks and June Darebees.

Saw my doctor, still working on lungs.

Moar Fulfillment

- [ x] Read retirement $ article
- [x ] Stick to weekly budget
- [x ] Pick another tiny job thing to research
- [x ] Sign up for Skillshare
- [x ] Dog training

Continuing to read finance articles - the latest plan is to pay the house off fully and then start chucking $ elsewhere. This will give us time to come up with an actual plan instead of a bunch of ‘this thing exists!’

Budgeting has been fine, and I find myself feeling more like I have my own money to spend as I choose (which is why DH set the budget up in the first place - mostly).

Signed up for a few freelancer sites that aren’t race-to-the-bottom for rates.

Skillshare has been signed up for - still haven’t started a class.

Dog walking has been going - Odin was freaking horrible one of the days; the next I bought one of those no-pull collars that fits over his snout. He hates it, but it works. Doesn’t fully cut out the pulling, but it cuts out the charging like a madman. We also have to rig it weird because his neck is too small for the collar part - we have to loop it back through his harness for security. Not ideal, and he’s not wanting to go forward a bunch (Whoo, back to refusing to walk), but it’s something and it’s saving my shoulders.

Waiting on food is also going - some days he looks at me blankly when I tell him to sit; some days he’s already sitting.

• Like 2

New challenge coming in the next day or so - I’ve got a busy week in advance of vacation, and only a long layover with DH before he jets off again.

Monday

Yoga with a girlfriend, explored the fledgling Qatar Rail by taking it to the end and catching a shuttle bus to Wakra Souq (an outdoor oldschool mall thing at the beach about 40 mins away), braved the ‘this is what its like to live in a hairdryer’ heat to at least see the beach there, grab a juice and head back - then cooked dinner for DH and the boss.

Nutrition

- [x ] Macros
- [ ] Dietician Visit
- [x ] Symptoms on Cara
- [x ] Collage
- [ ] Meal Planning

Breakfast: Overnight oats, strawberries, pepitas

Snack: Hand full of granola

Snack: Fresh strawberry juice

Lunch: The last of the chicken/tomato sauce/olives/rice & quinoa

Dinner: Steak, smashed potatoes, green beans & lemon coconut yogurt with strawberries + granola for dessert

f6207b575efc5f22ca6111d734847892.jpg

Physical Fitness

- [x ] 2-3 yoga sessions
- [ ] Treadmill walks or rowing if I didn’t leave the house
- [ ] June Darebee
- [ x] Work with my doctor on lungs

Moar Fulfillment

- [ x] Read retirement $ article
- [ ] Stick to weekly budget
- [ x] Pick another tiny job thing to research
- [ x] Sign up for Skillshare
- [x ] Dog training

• Like 3

Tuesday

23f6cbcb2ba97c2d8326704feb3d8385.jpg

Overnight oats with peanut butter & strawberries

Leftover potatoes with Kewpie mayo because I planned poorly and crashed through the door with the panicked hangries

Dinner was a super light Japanese style poached chicken affair

Pineapple frozen goodness for dessert

• Like 2